Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Lisha wrote: »
    I’d spell it as ‘feen’ dreadful slang for a fella..

Opposite of beure, from the language of our national ethnic minority most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

benjamin d wrote: »
    Opposite of beure, from the language of our national ethnic minority most likely

Yes, Would be tough/rough townie talk here. Feen, beure, feekle was what feens n beures did ! Sham was for friend.

Can’t think of any others at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I thought gender reveal meant coming out as in gay! Transgender etc though couldn't work out why you'd want a car to do it

There's a whole world out there that I gladly know nothing about

I’m sure everyone on Boards is sick of me posting about this at this stage but I was invited to a name reveal party a few months back.
    The mum-to-be basically threw a party to announce the name of her impending daughter, via icing on a 3 tier cake. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Why? And do you have to bring gifts or stuff? The young have an unquestionable thirst for attention. It’s not a healthy addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Friend of mine had a baby recently. "The Super Mummies" (yes, that's what they call themselves!) are all 'extended breastfeeders' and if you thought a baby shower or gender reveal was bad, they have a 'mother rising'. They all have their little hippy bracelets (like the little kids band we wore in primary school 20+ years ago) and when one of "The Super Mummies" is in labour, the rest of them must concentrate on their bracelet and 'breathe through the pain with her'.

Give me strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I’m sure everyone on Boards is sick of me posting about this at this stage but I was invited to a name reveal party a few months back.
    The mum-to-be basically threw a party to announce the name of her impending daughter, via icing on a 3 tier cake. :pac:

What was the name out of interest? Was it worth a function in itself or did they go to all that trouble to call her McKynleigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Friend of mine had a baby recently. "The Super Mummies" (yes, that's what they call themselves!) are all 'extended breastfeeders' and if you thought a baby shower or gender reveal was bad, they have a 'mother rising'. They all have their little hippy bracelets (like the little kids band we wore in primary school 20+ years ago) and when one of "The Super Mummies" is in labour, the rest of them must concentrate on their bracelet and 'breathe through the pain with her'.

Give me strength.

Handmaid's Tale???? Jesus....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

There aren't enough rolls eyes in the world :rolleyes:

Itwasntme had a good question - did you have to bring a gift?

Why? And do you have to bring gifts or stuff? The young have an unquestionable thirst for attention. It’s not a healthy addiction

Gifts were expected, yes.
    But I had already bought a gift for the gender reveal (which she had on Christmas Eve :rolleyes:) and the baby shower, I knew she’d be expecting another gift after the birth as well and I frankly couldn’t afford to buy another one.
    So instead I baked some homemade scones which she turned her nose up at :pac:

She was baffled & upset at the lack of support excitement but we’d all had enough of her various reveals and parties at this stage. She thinks she’s a bloody Kardashian.

As well as that after the gender reveal she asked guests who had gifted her items in white/neutral tones (because they didn’t know the gender) for receipts so she could swap it for pink stuff. She was just so ungrateful.

What was the name out of interest? Was it worth a function in itself or did they go to all that trouble to call her McKynleigh.

I was hoping for something outlandish and unusual such as Moon Unit or Apple, seeing as a party was being thrown for the occasion, but no, the child’s name is Caoimhe.
    It was a big anti climax, everyone just told her it was a nice name and promptly left, no one even stayed for the food & party :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah stop SusieBlue... a flipping 3rd gift! That’s ridiculous, and then she was ungrateful for lovely scones and neutral gifts... I’ll never understand how a family member does not kick those foolish types into touch..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

But I had already bought a gift for the gender reveal (which she had on Christmas Eve :rolleyes:) and the baby shower, I knew she’d be expecting another gift after the birth as well and I frankly couldn’t afford to buy another one.

She was baffled & upset at the lack of support excitement but we’d all had enough of her various reveals and parties at this stage. She thinks she’s a bloody Kardashian.

As well as that after the gender reveal she asked guests who had gifted her items in white/neutral tones (because they didn’t know the gender) for receipts so she could swap it for pink stuff. She was just so ungrateful.
    Will you keep us updated on this, Sus?
    If you think it won't blow their identity obviously.

To thine own self be true

Yes I’m totally on board with this suggestion please pretty pleeeeaaaaasssseee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

You have to wonder what leads to someone becoming that self important. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I was hoping for something outlandish and unusual such as Moon Unit or Apple, seeing as a party was being thrown for the occasion, but no, the child’s name is Caoimhe.
    It was a big anti climax, everyone just told her it was a nice name and promptly left, no one even stayed for the food & party :pac:

:D
    Dweezil or Diva should also inspire hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

How can anyone put up with such narcissism ?
    Incredible times we live in ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Does she make an income from Instagram by chance. This scream of instagram notions.

I could write a book on her, she's the most spoilt self absorbed person I've ever met & she's surrounded by enablers.

There is a christening gown that has been in my mams family for over 70 years, it was handmade by my Great Grandmother for my Grandmother.
    Its unisex and has been worn by every baby born into the family since, both male and female.
    Its obviously quite old fashioned & plain by modern standards but its absolutely beautiful and obviously very sentimenal to us all.
    My mam looks after it and gives it out as necessary when each new baby is born into the fmaily.

My dopey cousin came looking for it when she was only 5 months along and wanted it then. Her excuse was that she wanted to get it dry cleaned even though my mam handwashes it herself.
    It was reluctantly handed over and I had a very bad feeling about it.

Not long after, it transpired she had gotten the gown altered.
    She got some giant bows, puff sleeves, diamontés and patches of lace stitched on to it, to make it more "girly".
    Its no longer unisex and its completely ruined, it looks so tacky. 70 years of tradition and preservation undone in one afternoon.

We were all devastated and made it known to her, she turned it around and said the stress of it was effecting her health and her pregnancy & we would be to blame if anything happened her.
    She & her mother then ignored everyone until she announced she was having the name reveal party.

She says she has no regrets, that the gown is now better for all the little girls and whoever next has a boy can just buy their own outfit. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

She says she has no regrets, that the gown is now better for all the little girls and whoever next has a boy can just buy their own outfit. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    That's absolutely awful.

Christening gowns are usually handed down. I think its meant to be bad luck to buy a new one.

A lovely tradition ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

@SusieBlue why do you stay in touch with the narcissist ?
    family reasons ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

@SusieBlue why do you stay in touch with the narcissist ?
    family reasons ?
    Hopefully not. That woman sounds like a total nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it would be a shame if the baby was born and turned out to be a boy after all. a real shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Why did people to to the "party" in the first place? What could possibly be achieved by attending?

Why did people to to the "party" in the first place? What could possibly be achieved by attending?

More to do with the unwanted fallout of not attending I'd imagine, R.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,591 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

To witness the **** show??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Civilisation is over.

:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MOD: Lets get the thread back on track now folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

"Cnt beleave a saved ova 6 grand tink il do me house up startin wit new wooden floors and cornor sttite newun want me old one"

3 words of English in that, "new wooden floors".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Give me strength.

These people should be imprisoned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement