Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

Sweet merciful jaysus.

I don’t understand what she is asking for lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

There appears to be a trend lately where people reveal the gender of their new baby using increasingly ridiculous and showy means. I'm assuming she wants a car to do a burn out ie spin its wheels to reveal the gender of her new prince or princess. The child is damned even before its begun its life. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

There appears to be a trend lately where people reveal the gender of their new baby using increasingly ridiculous and showy means. I'm assuming she wants a car to do a burn out ie spin its wheels to reveal the gender of her new prince or princess. The child is damned even before its begun its life. :(
    I thought they meant set it on fire lol. I'm so not with the cool kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Same here.
    The image in my head was not good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I also thought they literally wanted to set it on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You can get special tyres or something to put on tyres that when they wheel spin/burn/smoke, the smoke would be pink or blue thus revealing the gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've heard it all now.

I've just been informed by herself that you can get "Gender reveal" kits in Aldi. One such thing is bursting a balloon containing pink or blue glittery stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I'm sure her Facebook community are on tenterhooks waiting for the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I thought gender reveal meant coming out as in gay! Transgender etc though couldn't work out why you'd want a car to do it

There's a whole world out there that I gladly know nothing about

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

You're not far off! There was a story recently about a car that ended up on fire in Australia after a botched gender reveal.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/09/australia/australia-gender-reveal-party-scli-intl/index.html

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to going for a scan, the sonographer tells you if it's a girl or a boy and you go home and tell your family and friends? I thought baby showers were bad enough but gender reveal really is stretching it. What's next, a conception party? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Whatever happened to going for a scan, the sonographer tells you if it's a girl or a boy and you go home and tell your family and friends? I thought baby showers were bad enough but gender reveal really is stretching it. What's next, a conception party? :pac:

A girl I went to school with lives in the US now and had a gender reveal party.

Her friends circled around her, holding blacks balloons. When they all burst them at the same time, she would have been showered in pink/ blue confetti.

I say would have, because one of her friend's balloons burst prematurely and ruined the surprise.

All of this was captured on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I thought gender reveal meant coming out as in gay! Transgender etc though couldn't work out why you'd want a car to do it

There's a whole world out there that I gladly know nothing about

That's what I was thinking it was too.

Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,591 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

“Anyone on nite ****. On the x and o s. How does it work”

Eh, wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Google 'Sip and See' to see what's next :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,850 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh good lord sweet baby jebus ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Ah lads...I was imagining that it was where you drink something and then your wee turns pink or blue! ! Cos that's how mad things are getting. But it's just a party to meet the new baby...not as bad as I thought. See, this is what exposure to lunatics on Facebook does to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whatever happened to waiting till it comes out and seeing has it a cock or not?

Just googled that and find it even more bizarre. What new parents want to have to host a party so that everyone can coo over the baby? How would you even schedule something like that? Imagine all the germs all over the baby. I've said it (and being wrong) about every American trend such as "baby showers", "gender reveal" parties, but I don't see this one catching on.

Has this been lost in translation and their "sip and see" would be like our christening where everyone meets the new baby a few months after birth? That would make sense but a party for a newborn is just insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just googled that and find it even more bizarre. What new parents want to have to host a party so that everyone can coo over the baby? How would you even schedule something like that? Imagine all the germs all over the baby. I've said it (and being wrong) about every American trend such as "baby showers", "gender reveal" parties, but I don't see this one catching on.

Has this been lost in translation and their "sip and see" would be like our christening where everyone meets the new baby a few months after birth? That would make sense but a party for a newborn is just insane.

I think it so you are not inundated by constant visitors And that everyone calls on the one afternoon leaving you to enjoy your blissful baby bubble...... I’m weird I liked the visitors....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

A girl I went to school with lives in the US now and had a gender reveal party.

Her friends circled around her, holding blacks balloons. When they all burst them at the same time, she would have been showered in pink/ blue confetti.

I say would have, because one of her friend's balloons burst prematurely and ruined the surprise.

All of this was captured on Facebook.

Some gimpy ar5ehole in the US shot at gender reveal balloons and caused a huge fire that burned 73 square miles of mostly state land.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/28/moment-gender-reveal-party-went-horribly-wrong-caused-wildfire/

YouTube video of the event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moIEjMd10Gc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Whatever happened to waiting till it comes out and seeing has it a cock or not?

Oh my God. Did you just assume the baby's gender based on its genitalia.

Shock horror offence triggered yadda yadda yadda. :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Oh good lord sweet baby jebus ..
    Mam, I wouldn't say they had Sip and See in the stable in Bethlehem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Sadb wrote: »
    “Anyone on nite ****. On the x and o s. How does it work”

Eh, wtf???
    That's a reference to the casual or part time work docket you get from social welfare where an "O" indicates that you were "on" i.e. you worked and an "X" means you didn't work a particular day. Night shift can confuse it as it means you can end up working 2 social welfare days as part of one shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

"U just have to laugh cause ya mad for a fela lol same fein saud he wouldn't touch ya u wre like a fein"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

"U just have to laugh cause ya mad for a fela lol same fein saud he wouldn't touch ya u wre like a fein"

Fein ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ok I’m stumped , what’s a fein?

pc7 wrote: »
    Ok I’m stumped , what’s a fein?

I’d spell it as ‘feen’ dreadful slang for a fella..

^^someone please translate..

• Advertisement

I’m laughing at you. You are so mad for a fella Lol you’ve no chance. But the same fella said he wouldn’t touch you with a barge pole as you look like a boy yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement