Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

"So proud of my little man . teacher spoke very highly of you at parent teacher meeting today and your doing great well done son love you loads"

And her son's profile is tagged in it (he's probably about 12.) I'd be mortified if my mum did something like that to me when I was in school, thankfully we didn't have Facebook in those days (and anyways she wouldn't do it to me in a million years!) Seriously whatever happened to just saying these things to your kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭BandMember

"So proud of my little man . teacher spoke very highly of you at parent teacher meeting today and your doing great well done son love you loads"

And her son's profile is tagged in it (he's probably about 12.) I'd be mortified if my mum did something like that to me when I was in school, thankfully we didn't have Facebook in those days (and anyways she wouldn't do it to me in a million years!) Seriously whatever happened to just saying these things to your kids?

Maybe the teacher needs to also spend a little time with the parent.......teaching them the difference between "your" and "you're".....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Your wasting you're time :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

TomSweeney wrote: »
    LEt us know does he actually go through with it and delete his account ?
    my guess is he won't ..
    Well, did he delete it???.

He deleted it the following day. However I got a friend request from him that evening. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

What date r dey gonna clothes de schools 4 the Xmas hollidays?

• Advertisement

What date r dey gonna clothes de schools 4 the Xmas holidays?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

'i was just steping in to have a shower and the water is gone again ??? and its lashing rain outside ??? its down to ,,,irish water,,, trying to lay new water pipes ,, and what they have layed ,,,,keeps,,,on bursting ,,, irish water has our resuvars ,,,,drained with the leaks they have created in the last 5 years ,, think back you guys we never had water restrictions ,, and if we did the council would knock on your door and explain why the water is going to be switched off ,, this water ,,,tax,,,,scam,,, needs,,,to,,,be,,,,gone,,, we should do a FRENCH JOB AND UP-RISE AND BURN ,,,DUBLIN CITY TO THE GROUND ,,,,STARTING AT LEINSTER HOUSE ,, sack irish water'

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

pc7 wrote: »
    'i was just steping in to have a shower and the water is gone again ??? and its lashing rain outside ??? its down to ,,,irish water,,, trying to lay new water pipes ,, and what they have layed ,,,,keeps,,,on bursting ,,, irish water has our resuvars ,,,,drained with the leaks they have created in the last 5 years ,, think back you guys we never had water restrictions ,, and if we did the council would knock on your door and explain why the water is going to be switched off ,, this water ,,,tax,,,,scam,,, needs,,,to,,,be,,,,gone,,, we should do a FRENCH JOB AND UP-RISE AND BURN ,,,DUBLIN CITY TO THE GROUND ,,,,STARTING AT LEINSTER HOUSE ,, sack irish water'

Good old Mags :D

pc7 wrote: »

"We should do a French job". I'm all in favour of that
    She doesn't need water for a shower. She has enough commas in that post to keep herself clean till Christmas ,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

coolhull wrote: »
    She doesn't need water for a shower. She has enough commas in that post to keep herself clean till Christmas ,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,

I have two aunts who wouldn't be the most academically inclined, to put it nicely, and they're both mad for putting commas in places they shouldn't be or using them as general punctuation marks. They often do lines of commas like the above too... I wonder what the logic behind this is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

coolhull wrote: »

By French job she means driving the Hiace over filled with dogs, getting rid of them (however) and filling it to the brim with booze and fags for the sneak back.

For reference please see
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangers_on_the_Shore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

From the cousin of the poor unfortunate who was shot up in Longford.
    Ya he was.. on the news they said he shot a dog and it Rick a shaded and hit a man .. there was no dog shot and now everyone could see blondie being shot..

'Rick a shaded' :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

BattleCorp wrote: »

'Rick a shaded'

is he still on 2FM?

R.I.P aunt Marylou 9 yrs today feels just like yesterday ill never forget you Fly hi angle hope ur minding mammy up der ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

R.I.P aunt Marylou 9 yrs today feels just like yesterday ill never forget you Fly hi angle hope ur minding mammy up der ❤

A close deceased friend would have had a birthday today, seeing the fake "miss you" posts on Facebook from people who would have had minimal to no ccontact with this person when they were alive does nothing but anger most of the people who actually knew him.

Very annoying, but testiment to the rather unintelligent society we live in.

Is that who I think it is?

Is that who I think it is?

Yes, our favourite source of wisdom!

A Bill Hicks quote (or at least attributed to him, I can't find or remember it myself) hilariously used to forward an agenda whilst completely missing the irony;

The problem isn't the lack of money, food, water or land....
    The problem is that you've given control of these things to a group of greedy psychopaths who care more about maintaining their own power than helping mankind.

From the FB group, Travellers For Travellers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

wtg39u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

With credit to username: This Fat Girl Runs on YLYL:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"Fcukin (boyfriend name) breakin he's h**e laughin a me dis mornin cos he wooden take da spider out da room even tho he knows I have iraqnaphobia"

Those pesky Baghdad spiders eh?

"iraqnaphobia"

Those pesky Baghdad spiders eh?

Thread winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Reading comments on an Irish times article

-"Africa have better Housing and Healthcare than this banana Republic"

Full of people agreeing with this statement too. I suppose how can anyone argue against that level of sheer oblivion and stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JCX BXC wrote: »

Full of people agreeing with this statement too. I suppose how can anyone argue against that level of sheer oblivion and stupidity.
    They probably post themselves and like posts about how all the Africans are coming here for the free houses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ollkiller

JCX BXC wrote: »

This a million times. Any news story about the HSE and it's straight away we have a third world health service. How can you be so thick. As you said there's no point in arguing with someone who is obviously stupid beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

14468ph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Just a warning to all parents doing xmas shopping in town and getting bite to eat weather McDonald's burger king etc me and my partner were in McDonald's on o Connell st yesterday there was Romanians in there getting there own kids to lure kids away from there parents lucky enough girl seen it reported it to staff they shut the doors no1 got in r out till garda came when they did they took Romanians out just watch your kids lucky i had my sienna in buggy

Just a warning to all parents doing xmas shopping in town and getting bite to eat weather McDonald's burger king etc me and my partner were in McDonald's on o Connell st yesterday there was Romanians in there getting there own kids to lure kids away from there parents lucky enough girl seen it reported it to staff they shut the doors no1 got in r out till garda came when they did they took Romanians out just watch your kids lucky i had my sienna in buggy

That happened in limerick no? or is it being posted everywhere lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭giveitholly

"Sienna" jesus the poor child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

"Sienna" jesus the poor child

Sienna is a red/brown colour! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement