Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

SusieBlue wrote: »
    A woman looking for name suggestions for a baby boy, she’s looking for very unusual Irish names, something similar to Luca???

Luca isn’t even Irish!!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Bloom

I kee getitng Facebook is been deleted videos from friends with a badly dubbed video for Mark Zukerberg and they think it’s real lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

sullivlo wrote: »

That's not an Irish name though, it's a made up stage name.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,273 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That's not an Irish name though, it's a made up stage name.

He doesn't live on the second floor, either.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A woman looking for name suggestions for a baby boy, she’s looking for very unusual Irish names, something similar to Luca???

Luca isn’t even Irish!!

Lucás.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

PSA: Some of you may have noticed that I have changed my name on Facebook. This is due to an exploration of my feelings around my expressional gender. An acceptance that I never been precisely comfortable with being a woman. I have always felt more comfortable expressing more masculinity than I "should" but was afraid to for fear of judgement because I don't feel like a man either.

So this is the end of my willingness to feel discomfort about my gender. I identify as a non-binary person, and have chosen a gender neutral name to reflect this, and to help me finally feel at ease with myself.
    So, hey, I'm ____, my pronouns are they/them, and I'm glad to introduce myself to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

PSA: Some of you may have noticed that I have changed my name on Facebook. This is due to an exploration of my feelings around my expressional gender. An acceptance that I never been precisely comfortable with being a woman. I have always felt more comfortable expressing more masculinity than I "should" but was afraid to for fear of judgement because I don't feel like a man either.

So this is the end of my willingness to feel discomfort about my gender. I identify as a non-binary person, and have chosen a gender neutral name to reflect this, and to help me finally feel at ease with myself.
    So, hey, I'm ____, my pronouns are they/them, and I'm glad to introduce myself to you.

That doesn't belong in here tbh. Trans people have enough shi1te to deal with without having random strangers laughing at their coming out. No wonder they've been afraid of judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

That doesn't belong in here tbh. Trans people have enough shi1te to deal with without having random strangers laughing at their coming out. No wonder they've been afraid of judgement.

They are not trans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

And the best way to deal with all that sh1te is to put it up on Facebook. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

How do you define trans? They don't have to have gone under the knife. Also I know plenty of people who've come out on FB as it's a good way to take ownership of your 'new' identity. I dunno, I'm not bothered either way by it, I just think it's wrong to post it in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

rawn wrote: »
    They are not trans.

I think it's an insult to trans people the way non-binary folk are going on attention-seeking. I have the utmost respect for trans people but not non-binary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I think it's an insult to trans people the way non-binary folk are going on attention-seeking. I have the utmost respect for trans people but not non-binary.

they are both full blown mental cases, i see little or no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My cousin's rather psycho wife, who seems to live her life through FB, announced to all and sundry yesterday that she is going off grid for good in 24 hours, and from then on will only be contactable through snapchat etc. And anyone who wanted her number could PM her privately and she would supply it.

Usual "aww hun, we will miss you x" responses from other head wreckers.

Notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Traveller lady selling a dress she wore to a wedding on a buy and sell page.....

'Posh frok sute for sale size 8to10 only worn for a cuple ours haed pace shoes and bag included'

€1 quoted price. Bargin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

The amount of 'Facebook has been limiting the posts you see' I've seen and all from the worst offenders on Facebook (multiple pics of kids EVERY DAMN DAY. inspirational quotes - usually the 'we may not see each other or speak for 25 years but true friends have your back' ****e, 'share if you hate cancer', post the colour of your underwear but don't tell anyone why to raise awareness for motor neuron disease etc etc)

No, FB hasn't been limiting my feed, no cu*t liked your post, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Someone just shared one of those stupid challenges, this is what it said:
    "replace every vowel in your name with "oob"

First reply??
    which ones are the vowels again lolol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm trying to decide which of the pair is the more stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Someone just shared one of those stupid challenges, this is what it said:

First reply??
    Are you friends with these two? :pac:

Screen-Shot-2018-06-26-at-1.38.37-PM-1530034746-640x453.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Traveller lady selling a dress she wore to a wedding on a buy and sell page.....

'Posh frok sute for sale size 8to10 only worn for a cuple ours haed pace shoes and bag included'

€1 quoted price. Bargin

That price seems low but it costs money to get blood stains out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Sun travel holidays : 7 days + nights to playa de knack, a place in Spain for €395 p/p. Inclu travel
    My Aunt : "Heyih how much 4 4 people"

I dont know whether she thinks she's at the fairyhouse or just thick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

rawn wrote: »
    They are not trans.

Gender indecisive is the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

On the FB of a Dublin band

Fan1: Any cds for sale,xxx is looking for one?

Band: sold out at the minute,will let you know

Fan2: make sure they stay in wrapper, sometimes the screws get arsey and will not accept them

Fan1:they will take them with no wrapper once their not copies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

On a facebook selling page:

"4 sale tree peace suite worn once for weeding"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's a good video on the Independent FB page where two teenagers are attempting to work out how to use a rotary dial phone.

One of the comments:
    that is just sad....really sad....did there parents never ever told them anything about there childhood, how the grew up??? what is wrong with people....I can not laugh about that at all....have they failed at school too????? can not understand that at all

:confused:

Yes, failing at school and life because they don't know how to use something that went obsolete almost two decade before they were even born...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Back breaking work I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

sofa-chair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

that is just sad....really sad....did there parents never ever told them anything about there childhood, how the grew up??? what is wrong with people....I can not laugh about that at all....have they failed at school too????? can not understand that at all

Whoever posted this is hardly an academic either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

Here's a status update one of my Australian Facebook friends liked. It's admonishing the younger generation to 'HARDEN UP', to be more like the OP's generation, presumably people in their 40s or 50s.

The patronising tone is bad enough. Even worse is the fact the things he lists as having suffered when he was young are hardly awe-inspiring: walking to the TV to change the channel; drinking from a garden hose.

Finally, he seems to contradict himself. While his purpose seems to be to admonish the young 'snowflakes' for being soft, he cites phenomena that could perhaps be used to explain why the younger generation is soft, such as a rise in violent crime and STIs. These are debateable, of course. Has the incidence of violent crime and STIs increased between, say, the 1970s and today? Is the younger generation soft?

Overall, the guys just seems to be nostalgic for his childhood, where everything seemed right with the world, and lashing out at social change, such as kids having to wear bicycle helmets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Here's a status update one of my Australian Facebook friends liked. It's admonishing the younger generation to 'HARDEN UP', to be more like the OP's generation, presumably people in their 40s or 50s.

The patronising tone is bad enough. Even worse is the fact the things he lists as having suffered when he was young are hardly awe-inspiring: walking to the TV to change the channel; drinking from a garden hose.

Finally, he seems to contradict himself. While his purpose seems to be to admonish the young 'snowflakes' for being soft, he cites phenomena that could perhaps be used to explain why the younger generation is soft, such as a rise in violent crime and STIs. These are debateable, of course. Has the incidence of violent crime and STIs increased between, say, the 1970s and today? Is the younger generation soft?

Overall, the guys just seems to be nostalgic for his childhood, where everything seemed right with the world, and lashing out at social change, such as kids having to wear bicycle helmets.

I hate all that nonsense. It reminds me of this

By6CJ6C.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement