Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

According to 15 of my FB friends there is a gang of African and Latvian ppl trying to kidnap children in the Galway Christmas Market tonight. U never can b to sure etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

According to 15 of my FB friends there is a gang of African and Latvian ppl trying to kidnap children in the Galway Christmas Market tonight. U never can b to sure etc etc
    Sounds like one of those new 'Escape Room' challenges - do they do kids parties too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is there any chance these 15 clowns might be kidnapped themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's good they told you. Just avoid all black people and white people and your kids will be grand .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

"Hi everyeone great news I. Got the word on the room iv been after, thank God I can in the new year start my carreer as a phycoterpeist iv study long and hard for it"

(Translation - psychotherapist)

I've every sympathy for those with literacy issues, but jaysus, you'd think one would make an effort to get the spelling of one's chosen profession right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

‘Anyone have a number or know anyone who fixes was him machines’

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

"Hi everyeone great news I. Got the word on the room iv been after, thank God I can in the new year start my carreer as a phycoterpeist iv study long and hard for it"

I've every sympathy for those with literacy issues, but jaysus, you'd think one would make an effort to get the spelling of one's chosen profession right!

That's a shocking level of literacy for someone who claims to be a psychotherapist.

Although most psychotherapists have a degree is psychology as a minimum, there are no statutory regulations for the profession as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That's a shocking level of literacy for someone who claims to be a psychotherapist.

Although most psychotherapists have a degree is psychology as a minimum, there are no statutory regulations for the profession as far as I'm aware.

I would love to know the full story behind this.
    I'd say it's some mickey mouse cert.

There are some total lunatic "therapists" out there.

I would love to know the full story behind this.
    I'd say it's some mickey mouse cert.

I was thinking the very same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

It's one of those online courses, no exams, all written assignments that her adult daughter did most of the work for her.

She's already been working doing one-to-one counselling in an addiction treatment centre, and is now setting up as a counsellor and psychotherapist. It's a very unregulated profession in Ireland, as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

It's one of those online courses, no exams, all written assignments that her adult daughter did most of the work for her.

She's already been working doing one-to-one counselling in an addiction treatment centre, and is now setting up as a counsellor and psychotherapist. It's a very unregulated profession in Ireland, as far as I can see.

It is sadly. I could call myself a therapist tomorrow, and take thousands a week from vulnerable people.

It is sadly. I could call myself a therapist tomorrow, and take thousands a week from vulnerable people.

It's not the taking of money from people that would have me concerned, I'd be more concerned with an unqualified person giving dodgy advice to vulnerable people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It's not the taking of money from people that would have me concerned, I'd be more concerned with an unqualified person giving dodgy advice to vulnerable people.

otherwise known as Live Line

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And it really happened too;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057930257

Oh, wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

phycoterpeist. That deserves to be an actual word it's so brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I think I know who that is , Kildare area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

The Peep Show episode where Jeremy became a Life Coach off a weekend course nailed this issue.

Dodgy health and diet "therapists" are another great growth area for chancers with all the wellness and clean eating nonsense doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

A comment on a picture of an elderly lady was attacked :

I hope ty get fought tied to a tree and torcher dem slowly till de police come de dragged up bastereds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    The Peep Show episode where Jeremy became a Life Coach off a weekend course nailed this issue.

Dodgy health and diet "therapists" are another great growth area for chancers with all the wellness and clean eating nonsense doing the rounds.

Agree completely. A friend of mine is a dietician. She had a hard slog through college to qualify and now works with diabetic patients.
    It drives her absolutely crazy the amount of people who set themselves up as 'nutritionists'. Unfortunately anyone can claim to be a nutritionist. I could start calling myself one in the morning. Dietician is the protected term and lots of people think they're the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Agree completely. A friend of mine is a dietician. She had a hard slog through college to qualify and now works with diabetic patients.
    It drives her absolutely crazy the amount of people who set themselves up as 'nutritionists'. Unfortunately anyone can claim to be a nutritionist. I could start calling myself one in the morning. Dietician is the protected term and lots of people think they're the same thing.
    And on that point, I love this Dara O Bhrian sketch

https://youtu.be/uRqB5-egs1s?t=235

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

43153009_1788616321236551_7676668057736970240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=1badc2e360b24a521be7a56d39e374b2&oe=5C682C84

Good Lord I almost detached my retinas from rolling my eyes so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

“Deleating my Facebook account tomorrow anyone who wants my phone no ask for it. Bye”

:D

Replies:

Some woman “Aww no“

———

Some man: “Drama queen lol”

Him: *name* no time for it

Him: *name* plus people trying there best to hack it . I’ll save them the bother

Some man: “Ya it's a load of ****e anyways I'm only fir the games a ND a nose lol“

Him: *name* true . If people want me they know where to get me

Some cousin: Send me your Number cuzðŸ‘

Some woman: “Ah dont leave us”

————————-

Some different women again: Aww no what's up you OK

Him: fine

———————————-

By no means the worst, but still excuses for people who lives off attention. Why make a big deal about deleting your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^^I'm a twitter user, not FB, but there's an ex of mine who closes his account every so often (think he's on the 5th one now) and without fail he'll tweet about leaving it every time before he closes the account. Someone told him the last time to just bugger off and stop looking for attention & he went off on a rant and blocked him. Twat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

From what I understand, deleting your account is the equivalent of storming out of the room and slamming the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

job seeker wrote: »
    “Deleating my Facebook account tomorrow anyone who wants my phone no ask for it. Bye”

:D

Replies:

Some woman “Aww no“

———

Some man: “Drama queen lol”

Him: *name* no time for it

Him: *name* plus people trying there best to hack it . I’ll save them the bother

Some man: “Ya it's a load of ****e anyways I'm only fir the games a ND a nose lol“

Him: *name* true . If people want me they know where to get me

Some cousin: Send me your Number cuzðŸ‘

Some woman: “Ah dont leave us”

————————-

Some different women again: Aww no what's up you OK

Him: fine

———————————-

By no means the worst, but still excuses for people who lives off attention. Why make a big deal about deleting your account?

LEt us know does he actually go through with it and delete his account ?
    my guess is he won't ..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

From that "Anyone Know" page on Facebook:

"AK...strange one I know! any animal experts out there?
    Anyway long story short we got a pet parrot recently. We had wanted a dog but I HATE the noise a dog makes! So we compromised on a parrot. Well, some smart alec has taught the parrot to bark, and it's driving me mad! Does AK how I can make him "un-learn"? TIA"

job seeker wrote: »

Well, did he delete it???
    From that "Anyone Know" page on Facebook:

"AK...strange one I know! any animal experts out there?
    Anyway long story short we got a pet parrot recently. We had wanted a dog but I HATE the noise a dog makes! So we compromised on a parrot. Well, some smart alec has taught the parrot to bark, and it's driving me mad! Does AK how I can make him "un-learn"? TIA"

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets. Didn't like the noise a dog makes so decides to go for a much noisier animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

Well, did he delete it???

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets. Didn't like the noise a dog makes so decides to go for a much noisier animal.

I think it's quite clearly a piss-take aimed at the total crackpots that populate that particular page

Ah fair enough, had never heard of the page before as I'm not on FB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I think it's quite clearly a piss-take aimed at the total crackpots that populate that particular page
    It could be 100% real. I burst out laughing when I read that post as I have been in that situation! I have two parrots and one of them learned to bark like my dogs lol. She also learned the noise of my alarm and I actually wanted to pluck her, stuff her and shove her in the oven :eek: Seriously though, she loved making that sound and had me driven demented. Do do do do do, do do do. Over and over. I would happily have paid a parrot whisperer any amount of money to come and unteach her that noise. I changed phones and after a while of not being exposed to the alarm noise, she eventually forgot about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement