Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I've now joined that FB page - its hilarious, there are loads of them equally nuts. I haven't stopped laughing since I joined.

What's it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

What's it called?

thats it, I'm wedding shaming (non-ban happy edition)

mostly americans getting married in all sorts of garments with guests in tshirts

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

thats it, I'm wedding shaming (non-ban happy edition)

mostly americans getting married in all sorts of garments with guests in tshirts

I have been on this page all night. It's hilarious!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Just a heads up to anyone who has kids if they watch YouTube do NOT let them watch “momo†as she brainwashes your kids into doing things and videoing themselfs and also does a “momo suicide challenge†which kids/teens have committed suicide over!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JK2015

''Feel so angry right now got refused entry to tons of fun today with my 8 year old because he wouldn't wear socks even though I explained it was a major sensory issue over his autistim still turned us away my little boy who is non verbal and didn't understand had major melt down and hit pinched me because I had to take him back out such a disgrace wasn't going to put this public but could all my friends share just to make other mammies with kids with autism to be aware of it thanks guys he was so so rude to me and my son''
    Classic comments, OMG dats disgarceful hun/hope ur OK hun/Ring joe duffy/Niall Boylan etc.

Someone commented that it's not discrimination because the rules are meant to be followed by everyone and was told 'If you don't agree with the topic that's been discussed then don't voice your uneducated opinion'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

JK2015 wrote: »
    ''Feel so angry right now got refused entry to tons of fun today with my 8 year old because he wouldn't wear socks even though I explained it was a major sensory issue over his autistim still turned us away my little boy who is non verbal and didn't understand had major melt down and hit pinched me because I had to take him back out such a disgrace wasn't going to put this public but could all my friends share just to make other mammies with kids with autism to be aware of it thanks guys he was so so rude to me and my son''
    Classic comments, OMG dats disgarceful hun/hope ur OK hun/Ring joe duffy/Niall Boylan etc.

Someone commented that it's not discrimination because the rules are meant to be followed by everyone and was told 'If you don't agree with the topic that's been discussed then don't voice your uneducated opinion'

Tbf, the original message doesn't say anything about discrimination.

Also, I can't see why the rules couldn't have been bent ever so slightly to accommodate an autistic child with sensory issues. Seems pretty crappy tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tbf, the original message doesn't say anything about discrimination.

Also, I can't see why the rules couldn't have been bent ever so slightly to accommodate an autistic child with sensory issues. Seems pretty crappy tbh.

yeah to be fair i'd be angry as well if they were rude about it and i had to deal with the meltdown after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Ye s are laughed at any of yous juiced up turkeys wanna go that way be my guest wannabe gansters ill fold yous in half ye s lil pumped up squeirls anyone one of yous in this area try me fools ye s forget ye s are selfs lil muppets ��and that goes for all of yous ****ing muppets in this area ok remmber see all the lil fools whos on juice and think there big men try me fools full of water �� ill break yous in two Lil handie caps in this area with ye s are meet street monclear jakets think ye s are gods gift clowns is wat ye s are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Ye s are laughed at any of yous juiced up turkeys wanna go that way be my guest wannabe gansters ill fold yous in half ye s lil pumped up squeirls anyone one of yous in this area try me fools ye s forget ye s are selfs lil muppets 😠and that goes for all of yous ****ing muppets in this area ok remmber see all the lil fools whos on juice and think there big men try me fools full of water 😂 ill break yous in two Lil handie caps in this area with ye s are meet street monclear jakets think ye s are gods gift clowns is wat ye s are

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Ye s are laughed at any of yous juiced up turkeys wanna go that way be my guest wannabe gansters ill fold yous in half ye s lil pumped up squeirls anyone one of yous in this area try me fools ye s forget ye s are selfs lil muppets ��and that goes for all of yous ****ing muppets in this area ok remmber see all the lil fools whos on juice and think there big men try me fools full of water �� ill break yous in two Lil handie caps in this area with ye s are meet street monclear jakets think ye s are gods gift clowns is wat ye s are

Moncler jackets and steroids, no way I can afford that! I'm in the wrong game. Skobey drug dealer here I come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"Furst day in cresh 4 mi liddle angle. Mi hart is broke"

Accompanied by eighteen photos of her 'liddle angle'
    Let's hope that spelling is on the curriculum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

benjamin d wrote: »
    Moncler jackets and steroids, no way I can afford that! I'm in the wrong game. Skobey drug dealer here I come!

what is monclear jackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Aren't you supposed to take the handle caps off after you fit the doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,281 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what is monclear jackets?

Moncler jackets. usually around a €1000 upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

coolhull wrote: »

Let's hope that spelling is on the curriculum.

For fcuk sake. Only three words spelled correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,615 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

JK2015 wrote: »

You might want to read up on the legal obligation on service providers to provide a reasonable accommodation for a person with a disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You might want to read up on the legal obligation on service providers to provide a reasonable accommodation for a person with a disability.

Presumably the socks thing is to stop the spreading of things like verrucas and other skin things. Do fungus and the like know that a child is autistic and that they shouldn't spread to and from that child?

Presumably the socks thing is to stop the spreading of things like verrucas and other skin things. Do fungus and the like know that a child is autistic and that they shouldn't spread to and from that child?
    Dunno much about it - but I'd be surprised if there isn't a reasonable solution that works for both sides if they do a bit of digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dunno much about it - but I'd be surprised if there isn't a reasonable solution that works for both sides if they do a bit of digging.

Not necessarly, as there is a cost limit for reasonable accommodation-that limit is set by the company involved.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    that limit is set by the company involved.
    No. It's not set by the company involved.

And in many cases, the issues can be resolved at no cost. It is often just a matter of doing things differently, showing a little flexibility.

In this case, presuming that the child in question doesn't go out on the street in bare feet, he is able to tolerate some kind of foot covering. A little flexibility would almost certainly be able to find a mutually acceptable solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No. It's not set by the company involved.

And in many cases, the issues can be resolved at no cost. It is often just a matter of doing things differently, showing a little flexibility.

In this case, presuming that the child in question doesn't go out on the street in bare feet, he is able to tolerate some kind of foot covering. A little flexibility would almost certainly be able to find a mutually acceptable solution.

I had a similar experience as best as I can make out from the origional posting, flexability would be key if there was willingness. However there often isnt because of H&S and lack of training. when the company we asked was pulled up on this, they sited disabilities act and said the necessary training for staff to decide individual cases of contravention to the rules was too expensive. That didnt suprise me as the same excuse is often used to in education.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

It was ridiculous, that poor child can't be the first one ever to turn up with no socks, especially in the summer.

All the company had to do was go to pennys, but 10 for half nothing and give the child a pair and have some there for any other child that forgot their socks.

BattleCorp wrote: »

I think you are being a little harsh there ..... she got four words spelled correctly! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,281 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It was ridiculous, that poor child can't be the first one ever to turn up with no socks, especially in the summer.

All the company had to do was go to pennys, but 10 for half nothing and give the child a pair and have some there for any other child that forgot their socks.

the issue was not that the child did not have socks. the issue was that the child would not wear socks due to their condition. At least that is what i took from the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

coolhull wrote: »

Let's hope that spelling is on the curriculum in the 'cresh'..
    BattleCorp wrote: »

I think you are being a little harsh there ..... she got four words spelled correctly! :-)

I'm sticking with three. 1 = day. 2 = in. 3 = is.

Broke and angle are both words but are not used correctly in that post.

I hope the 'liddle angle' does better in school than Mammy.

the issue was not that the child did not have socks. the issue was that the child would not wear socks due to their condition. At least that is what i took from the post.

Nearly right - the child COULD NOT wear socks due to their condition.

Sensory overload for people with autism is not a personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

‘Too the looneythic who into my son while he wasn evan in the way, hope ur happy u ruined his 1st day back, crying lil one on my hands now happy Friday to me NOT’

Looneythic. Looneythic. I just can’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

SusieBlue wrote: »
    ‘Too the looneythic who into my son while he wasn evan in the way, hope ur happy u ruined his 1st day back, crying lil one on my hands now happy Friday to me NOT

Stop the world, I want to get off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

FB buy & sell:

All vans cars geeps considered also coper aloy wheels batreeys cash on collection gimy a call I'll give u a price galway limrick tippery killkenny ferder depend on 087******* or pm me pitchers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

We need a man like him as our taoiseach he run our country a lot better than the fools we have and had for the last few years some one like him would make it Irish first

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement