Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Let's protest a man who stopped us fighting in ww3. Who stopped TTP. Who is fighting human trafficking and pedophiles. Yes let's get together and be brainwashed by the mainstream media. Clowns!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

40232939_523863391406241_5839156159449137152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=8df1fa86e3a4f8983570fc36c2258c26&oe=5BFB84BF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

coolhull wrote: »
    "Furst day in cresh 4 mi liddle angle. Mi hart is broke"

Accompanied by eighteen photos of her 'liddle angle'
    Let's hope that spelling is on the curriculum.

The most frustrating thing is that I have a handful of people on my friends list that type exactly like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

That's special for sure.

I blame the Kardashians. Seriously, there is a generation of mostly females who think that this is a 'normal' lifestyle, or something that can reasonably be aspired to.

I found that page after reading about it here. They are called a 'shaming page' but wow they are sensitive!! They were talking about a certain sector of Irish people who may or may not have been referred to as 'tinkers' in the past. I said that really isn't the worst thing they are called. I was called a racist and banned before I could even say anything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

In loving Memory of My Liddle Angle <name> That wasn't with us For 5 Years :( That I wish yhu was Ere With yhur Rest of the Family bt Lord Take yhu In His Arms ;"( Yhur in a Better Plc Baby Sister loveyhu Nd missyhu ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Yhur nt forgetting ;""( yhur in My Heart Baby Sis ♥♥♥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I've now joined that FB page - its hilarious, there are loads of them equally nuts. I haven't stopped laughing since I joined.

What is the Facebook page called?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,280 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In loving Memory of My Liddle Angle <name> That wasn't with us For 5 Years :( That I wish yhu was Ere With yhur Rest of the Family bt Lord Take yhu In His Arms ;"( Yhur in a Better Plc Baby Sister loveyhu Nd missyhu ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Yhur nt forgetting ;""( yhur in My Heart Baby Sis ♥♥♥

what i find fascinating about that is that it is consistently wrong. they really do believe that you and your are spelt yhu and yhur.

What is the Facebook page called?

That's it, I'm wedding shaming

Fair funny but keep your trap shut on things that Americans don't understand or they'll ban you! I actually am annoyed they called me racist for saying they get called worse things then tinkers anyway it was fun whilst it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

That's it, I'm wedding shaming

Fair funny but keep your trap shut on things that Americans don't understand or they'll ban you! I actually am annoyed they called me racist for saying they get called worse things then tinkers anyway it was fun whilst it lasted.
    There's two, that's the original one and now there's "thats it, i'm wedding shaming (non ban-happy edition)"

wyrn wrote: »
    There's two, that's the original one and now there's "thats it, i'm wedding shaming (non ban-happy edition)"

I've joined that one now :D it doesn't seem to be quite as good. Although maybe the 'shine' is wearing off. Only so many trashy weddings you can take!! Some of them are unreal though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I've joined that one now :D it doesn't seem to be quite as good. Although maybe the 'shine' is wearing off. Only so many trashy weddings you can take!! Some of them are unreal though!

I agree, I'm about all trashy wedding out at this stage.

What i can gather that it is poor americans, marrying very young, with no money to pay for it and then trying to get their guests to pay for everything - but not wedding clothes - denim seems to be the choice fabric here. Its nuts

"ASS TA LA VEES TA BABY!"

followed by a pic of Arnie wearing a Limerick GAA jersey with the capton, "I told you we'd be back".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Those fecking "Back in my day..." copy and paste or share jobs listing the things they did as kids which children still do today - and they can be shared by people who were born in the damn 90s!

The older generation ones are even worse - they have bits in them about how their mothers smoked and drank while pregnant and there was no e.coli. Awareness of health risks - tis just newfangled pc nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'd love to post.

Back the teachers were allowed to wallop students who couldn't spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Back the teachers were allowed to wallop students who couldn't spell.

Thankfully learning disabilities such as dyslexia didn't exist back then as they're just a new invention, they were just lazy kids

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Wanderer78 wrote:
    Thankfully learning disabilities such as dyslexia didn't exist back then as they're just a new invention, they were just lazy kids

There is that, but to be spelling 80-90% incorrect is surely severely off the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

what i find fascinating about that is that it is consistently wrong. they really do believe that you and your are spelt yhu and yhur.

Perhaps they're calling the person "y'ho" and "y'hoor".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Indeed , also Ciotógi were soon put right!

mikeymouse wrote: »

humble apologies, but my 'laziness' is getting in the way, Ciotógi?

Lefthanders.

• Advertisement

Plopsu wrote: »
    Lefthanders.

i do indeed know some that were beaten because of this, lefthandism must be the work of the devil in some minds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Plopsu wrote: »
    Lefthanders.

Yeah the joys of a nun tying your left hand behind your back and making you scrawl with your right!!!!

Citog and proud!!!!!!

i do indeed know some that were beaten because of this, lefthandism must be the work of the devil in some minds

When I started school, my mother told them in no uncertain terms that there was to be none of that rubbish with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

mikeymouse wrote: »

Left handed people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sinister comes from the latin 'left or on the left side' and supposedly being left handed is a negative in many cultures. My father is ambidextrous because he was originally left-handed and it was beaten out of him by the nuns that taught him.

Dexter is the opposite meaning 'right or on the right side' and the words associated with it, dexterity and dextrous are all about having skill and ability.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Sinister comes from the latin 'left or on the left side' and supposedly being left handed is a negative in many cultures. My father is ambidextrous because he was originally left-handed and it was beaten out of him by the nuns that taught him.

Dexter is the opposite meaning 'right or on the right side' and the words associated with it, dexterity and dextrous are all about having skill and ability.

I would love to go back 40 years to the nuns armed with the knowledge that Dexter is now a serial killer!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There is a theory that left handed people started off life in the womb as a twin and that they 'killed off' the other embryo - be it from taking all of the food and growing / stopping the other one from growing. Some left handed people have even said that they have found teeth in their shoulders belonging to the other fetus. All twins are exact opposites of each other - left hand & right hand so there is some substance to it.

FitzShane wrote: »
    There is a theory that left handed people started off life in the womb as a twin and that they 'killed off' the other embryo - be it from taking all of the food and growing / stopping the other one from growing. Some left handed people have even said that they have found teeth in their shoulders belonging to the other fetus. All twins are exact opposites of each other - left hand & right hand so there is some substance to it.

Are you sure (or am I misunderstanding). I've just read that the opposite handedness (where one's left and one's right) runs at about 21%.
    Maybe those guys started out as triplets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,252 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

All twins are exact opposites of each other - left hand & right hand so there is some substance to it.

What eejit told you that?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

All twins are exact opposites of each other - left hand & right hand so there is some substance to it.

This is just not true :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement