Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Patww79 wrote: »
    Are they actual Irish stores or just Irish shop fronts for a European store, a bit like Expansys does?

Mine came to €704 with a pack of 3 screen protectors and delivery (to PM). I expect €730 or so will actually go out of the bank once they get their rate.

Are you getting a replacement battery?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LouiseD1719

I got mine on amazon.it for 604 including shipping, that's for the red leather back version. Should be here by Wednesday!

• Advertisement

When you search for the G4 the only one that comes up is one that doesn't ship to Ireland but when you go into it and go into 'Compare Offers' on the right hand side, there's more sellers that do. I can't post the links because I'm a new user but the one sold by Amazon ships to Ireland with 2 day shipping but they only have the Titanium one left in stock and the one sold by Web Team SRL also ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

is €600 not way too low for the price of the leather version? are you sure it's not some sort of listing mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

€569 from these guys on Amazon.it, plus €20.57 delivery: http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00X5HT2OA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A17VFBKHLZRU2U

Seriously tempted at that price.

• Advertisement

Mine was delivered today.. have to wait until I'm home from work to get it but I'll post when I test the phone and make sure it's all good. Fingers crossed!

Update: The phone is up and running on the Three network, works perfectly :D It also comes with a plastic back cover in addition to the leather which I thought was a nice touch. The camera is as amazing as all the review say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Which version did you try to purchase?

Update: The phone is up and running on the Three network, works perfectly :D It also comes with a plastic back cover in addition to the leather which I thought was a nice touch. The camera is as amazing as all the review say!

How do you imagine the phone will look and feel with a protective cover? I'm hovering over the 'Buy' button on the leather backed one, but I would need to do some degree of kid-proofing with it to prevent it going the way of my last phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

My G4 is arriving this evening hopefully. If I don't like it enough to replace my Z1 and the cost, I'll offer it to someone here for what I paid or a little under (bit less than 600 euro). I'll be back in Ireland in mid-July if ye can wait.

ps: it's the brown leather version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Sounds good. I was afraid that the 'Italian' in the description was going to mean it was Italian network locked so good to know it will work here.

That said, they're messing me about too with dispatch. It's now changed from expected dispatch 1st to 3rd June and it's gone all the way to 4th to 11th of June. I wish they wouldn't say they have stock when they don't. I'm going to have to cancel again (3rd time now) and try see can I drive North and buy one unlocked from Carphone Warehouse.

Was thinking of driving up North myself for the device, however at £520 (€700+) I think ill be sticking to the Italian or French Amazon. I'd take a 2week wait over the extra cost of €100-€150 plus petrol and what not.

Its a pitty Irish carriers only stock Samsung, HTC and Sony (the 3worth mentioning). Us Irish must have the worst selection of Android devices. :(

How do you imagine the phone will look and feel with a protective cover? I'm hovering over the 'Buy' button on the leather backed one, but I would need to do some degree of kid-proofing with it to prevent it going the way of my last phone :rolleyes:

I ordered a clear Spigen cover last night because I do think the leather will get scuffed and scratched fairly easily, it's going to take away from the feel of the phone but I think it'll still look good! Plus it comes with the plastic back as well so you have something to replace the leather with if it gets damaged.

I ordered a clear Spigen cover last night because I do think the leather will get scuffed and scratched fairly easily, it's going to take away from the feel of the phone but I think it'll still look good! Plus it comes with the plastic back as well so you have something to replace the leather with if it gets damaged.

Thanks - great to have the feedback from an actual owner rather than a reviewer. The back doesn't worry me so much, as it's replaceable - it's the screen that needs to be protected moreso, as my last one was shattered by little hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

just put my order in to amazon italy
    total including postage is 590.
    delivery is between 8th and 16th June.

cant wait to fling my S3 away.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

I just got shipping confirmation from team web sarl, shipping is by UPS

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Aye it's a real pity that they haven't upgraded the battery from the G2. They had 2 years and they flunked it. I said it many times, the dogs on the street knew this,throw in the 2k screen and battery will be poor. The phone is brilliant but I couldn't justify spending a lot of money upgrading to a phone with worse battery. Throw in a 4000 MaH battery and this is phone of the year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Mine arrived yesterday from the local swiss retailer. Ordered the brown leather but came with a silver back as well. Kinda excited about that for some reason. "Lagniappe" I guess.

After 24 hours with the device, the battery isn't as strong as I had hoped. Coming from a 2 year old Z1 with the same size battery, I was hoping for more improvements.

Screen is gorgeous, not as nice as an AMOLED but still pretty awesome, nary a pixel to be seen.

Small things annoy me, like I can't have a live wallpaper on my lockscreen, nor can I find the way to change the lock-screen unlock effect.

I think this might be more of an android thing, but I wish I could remove the NFC symbol in the status bar. I always have it on and I'd prefer to know if it was off! Same with bluetooth.

The volume/notification settings are a little odd. There's both volume and priority like in stock lollipop but it's implemented weirdly and I dont like it.

Double tap to wake is awesome.

Phone is very comfortable to hold compared to the Z1 which was a brick. Also it's only marginally bigger but has a 5.5" screen showing the size of the Z1 bezels. Notification light seems bright enough unlike the Z1.

Haven't played with the camera much yet. The Z1 was very very good (IMO, but no OIS) so I'll see about doing side by side comparisons.

Really that I can't change what double tapping the power keys does when the screen is off. I'll never use quicknote and I'd love to map it to something I actually use. If/when the device gets rooted I expect this will the first thing opened up. Double tap to open camera and take photo is kinda cool but not sure how much I'll use it.

the G4 feels so much thinner than it is. Like, officially the z1 is 8.5mm but it's a cube. The G4 is tapered.

You dont realise this until you dont have it, but it's nice to have the 3.5 mm headphone jack on the bottom (unlike z1). I find this more natural though YMMV. Also I use bluetooth headphones only almost these days hashtag cuttingthewire.

The LG software is....well it's there. I have no plans on using them much. I have my own calendar/fitness tracking/to-do/memo which suits my workflow. I might play around with them to give them a chance but I'm not exactly excited about them.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be away for the next couple days but I'll answer any when I get back.

• Advertisement

Advertisement