Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

phone just turned up, from Italy 6 days after ordering.

complete with leather backing, european 2 pin plug, usb cable, headphones and spare plastic backing.

let the funtimes begin

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Patww79 wrote: »

I have received parcel motel deliveries on a Saturday and a Sunday. In fact my last delivery was on a Sunday. If it gets to PM tonight, you might have it tomorrow night in your selected motel depending on location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

yeah, but GPS is misleading since loads of apps use it. It gets the blame for potentially other apps pinging for location or whatever.

Without root and a wakelock detector, it'll be difficult to figure it out. I guess that some apps might not yet be optimised for 5.* and draining excess. Of course, LG (nor android) hasn't got a proper permission system set up to micromanage permissions for location etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭SteM

Hopefully the battery drain issue is something that can be fixed in a future firmware release? I'm hearing good things about the Doze functionality in android M which might help down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone who has one, if you can show proof of purchase you get a free micro SD card and battery!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

US only from what I can see.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Just ordered mine from Amazon.it yesterday. It's currently in preparation for shipping. Just wondering how long other peoples have taken to get here from amazon.it.

Also anyone who has got one, have you tried unlocking the bootloader via LGs official unlock method (can't post links) :(

I'm pretty sure it's not true. I unlocked my bootloader on my Xperia z1 and had no problem running anything. I lost the official sony camera app for a while but there were plenty of stock roms/features to flash on XDA. I even got Z3 features on my Z1.

Losing my warranty is more worrying tbh. They'll fsck you over for a hardware issue and say that they wont repair it because you changed some software thing.

I'm not going to be modding my G4 for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Patww79 wrote:

Ok thanks, so it probably wont be till the week after next :( Guess my tempered glass will come before then.

I can't see unlocking the bootloader stopping Spotify from working. I've unlocked the bootloader on each device I own, without affecting other apps such as Spotify and Google Play music. Maybe LG are just covering themselves in case..

I was worried about loosing camera functionality like SONY but from what I heard you don't loose camera functionality on the G4. (Don't hold me to that though).

I just need a rooted device its the first thing I do after I get a new one. Currently the only way to root is to unlock BL, flash TWRP recovery and then install SU.apk.

Its a good point about not being covered by warranty. I was thinking of waiting for an "unofficial" unlock so that way I could relock the BL if anything was to go wrong. Guess there's no point anymore ;)

I bought mine in Switzerland where I'm living so yeah, I still have a warranty.

I'm just telling you my experience, unlocking the bootloader made no difference to Google Play (dont use spotify but pretty sure there's no problem there either.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

jimmynokia wrote: »

Probably meant by a network carrier, none of the G2 or G3 phones were either

• Advertisement

Wang King wrote: »
    Probably meant by a network carrier, none of the G2 or G3 phones were either
    True LG have had some great phones of late including the G3 etc

anybody find a car phone holder that fits the phone with a case.

rameire wrote: »

Amazon be best place to look perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭SteM

rameire wrote: »

I was sick of changing my phone holder every time I changed my phone so I got one of these and use with my OnePlus with a case.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scosche-Magnetic-Dash-Mount-Smartphone/dp/B00HZYM2UA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435154934&sr=8-2&keywords=scosche

Delighted with it.

It comes with 2 thin metal backplates. Put one between your case and the phone and someone else can use the other. The phone holder itself is a really strong magnet, just pop the phone in place when you get in the car and the phone doesn't move. It's a really quick and simple system, no clamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Well after a while with the phone now I can say the battery is a disgrace, I know the S6 has a smaller one but it surely couldn't be this bad. When using the phone (screen on) it drops a % every 2 minutes or so, and the screen still doesn't use as much power as the phantom 'Google Play Services'.

That is a pity, they really should have upgraded the battery from the G2.
    Have you tried a factory reset?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone else with the brown Leather model noticing wear around the corners? Mines pretty bad already and it's only in and out of my jeans pocket.

Also I'm now getting more than a full day out of the battery, but I think it's because I'm using the phone less directly. Usually <2hrs SoT and google Services being at the top of battery use 18%.

Does a factory reset really fix things like that? If so I'll totally try it tomorrow when I've backed everything up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LouiseD1719

I'm getting at least 4 hours SoT everyday, and play services isn't the top of the list, only at 11% usage. Yeah the leather was always going to wear pretty easily, I have mine in a case most of the time but still has a small marks.

Advertisement