Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

nope sorry.

Speaker is pretty good actually. It's sharp and loud. Not exactly boom sound, but better than my Z1, even if it is back facing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Got mine today :) Out of curiosity, how does the screen seem to anybody else? White's seem very subtlety yellow (warm) on mine, especially when you compare it to lets say, my main desktop IPS monitor. From reviews, the G4 isn't meant to have bad battery life (averaging in about 4 hrs 30, which is decent but not amazing)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LouiseD1719

Small things annoy me, like I can't have a live wallpaper on my lockscreen, nor can I find the way to change the lock-screen unlock effect.

When you change the lock screen to swipe, you can change the animations they're below it in settings, or is that not what you mean?

I'm finding the battery life on par with my G2, I had it on 100% coming into work yesterday (8am) and it was on 9% at 11 o clock last night. I'm a pretty heavy user, watching youtube videos, imgur, spotify and the usual social media so I thought that was pretty decent.

Love the feel in the hand, for a big device it doesn't feel cumbersome.

Also on the camera, people don't believe that I've taken the pictures because they look so good! Not a camera expert though so I'm not the best to be reviewing the camera.

Only one thing I'd like to change, I'd like to be able to change the size of the icons on the home screen. Oh and when I press the 'Clear All' in the recent apps in seems a little slow.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

Mine is showing export from Bologna on Friday, still delivery for Wednesday.
    I'd say your tracking just has a glitch, give it time. It will prob update again within 24 hours.

If it does fail, your contract is with the seller, not ups.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Just so you guys all know, komplett.ie have the LG G4 in stock for 649.00 (plastic back).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Are irish operators not subsidising the g4? Its supposed to be the best handset of the year so why is it not in the shops???????

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Thanks for that pat. I didn't know lg weren't in the market here. With the s6 battery life issues it doesn't leave much options then. I had thought huawei p8 or lg g4 so this narrows options to 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be away for the next couple days but I'll answer any when I get back.
    I'm finding the battery life on par with my G2, I had it on 100% coming into work yesterday (8am) and it was on 9% at 11 o clock last night. I'm a pretty heavy user, watching youtube videos, imgur, spotify and the usual social media so I thought that was pretty decent.

Im considering this phone. What screen on time are ye getting?

Dispatched from Near Dusseldorf this morning after 6am.

Best so far was 4h20, but on average about 4hrs SOT.

I haven't had it yet for a normal couple of days. I've heard that battery life gets more consistent after a few charge cycles. I'll report back in a couple days now I'm back home/work.

My guess is going to be under 3 hours SoT. I was hoping for 5+.

mine showing as Barking now. as of 3pm
    im assuming yours is on a similar course.

I think it would be cool if you could have a gps real time logger for any parcel you want.

I'm finding the SOT to be fantastic. 41% remaining with 3hrs 50 screen on time. 11 hrs 20 min off charger :o Seriously impressed. This is with heavy draining battery life apps such as Facebook installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Best so far was 4h20, but on average about 4hrs SOT.
    I haven't had it yet for a normal couple of days. I've heard that battery life gets more consistent after a few charge cycles. I'll report back in a couple days now I'm back home/work.

My guess is going to be under 3 hours SoT. I was hoping for 5+.

Thats disappointing. Im getting 6 or so hrs on my current phone.
    N64 wrote: »
    I'm finding the SOT to be fantastic. 41% remaining with 3hrs 50 screen on time. 11 hrs 20 min off charger :o Seriously impressed. This is with heavy draining battery life apps such as Facebook installed.

What apps do you use most?

• Advertisement

Thats disappointing. Im getting 6 or so hrs on my current phone.

What apps do you use most?

Facebook, Gmail, Internet and google play music.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So is it 11 hours once fully charged or 4 hours? Seems like a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

I'm in a holding pattern now, trying to decide between the G4 and the G3. Those of you who have used both, does the G4 justify the extra spend?

11 hours refers to how long the device has actually been on for (incl. standby) 4 hours refers to how long the screen has been on for.

57% remaining
    Been using for 8hrs 34min
    Estimated time remaining 9hrs 37m
    Screen on 46 min = 10% battery use.
    Like an hour and half listening to spotify (only trying it out, I don't like streaming.

me=not happy.

I have a feeling location pinging is draining the battery but cant be sure since I can't root and look at wakelocks.

I have location on and it dosen't effect anything. Try disabling the smart notice ****e

N64 wrote: »
    I have location on and it dosen't effect anything. Try disabling the smart notice ****e

Smart settings? I like that.

Otherwise I'm using Nova launcher so very little default LG remains already!

edit: Does anyone else notice that the battery sits at 100% for ages then drops? I estimate that 100% lasts for about 3-5% of normal. Been listening to podcasts, flicked through reddit briefly, 17 min SoT and still at 100%.

• Advertisement

!

edit: Does anyone else notice that the battery sits at 100% for ages then drops? I estimate that 100% lasts for about 3-5% of normal. Been listening to podcasts, flicked through reddit briefly, 17 min SoT and still at 100%.

Nope I'm at 92% with 18mins SoT

Advertisement