Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Had a quick google and found several instances of things being signed for at parcel motel up North and getting 'lost' with PM offering no help beyond 'Well, you agreed to the terms & conditions'. That's disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Can you let me know how you got it delivered? Was it through parcel motel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

With parcel motel, you can add €1,000 insurance for €7.00 (plus the 3.50 PM costs you) so if you wanted additional peice of mind, you could always do that.

I'm honestly torn between this and the galaxy S6.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote:

Would you mind sharing a link to the site you ordered from? Amazon.fr or similar?

I ordered phones from technikdirekt in the past, English version website, decent customer service with regular delivery to Ireland. But they still have the G Flex 2 listed as awaiting stock. Doesn't make me hopeful they will have the G4 anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I have a notion that I read somewhere that the leather backed versions also come with a plastic back in the box, but a quick Google didn't clarify it for me. Did anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭long_b

High praise for the camera

stevelitchfield The LG G4 camera is astonishingly good. The point where the best of Nokia/Microsoft's phone cameras get overtaken (with usual Xenon caveat!)

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/stevelitchfield/status/597318266516803584

• Advertisement

corwill wrote:
    I have a notion that I read somewhere that the leather backed versions also come with a plastic back in the box, but a quick Google didn't clarify it for me. Did anyone else come across this?

Yep, i came across one of the full reviews or hands-on previews saying something to that effect, so you're not imagining it! Can't find the article now though.

Patww79 wrote:

Good stuff, I'll be waiting till the official European release to order. Nice to have this option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Redundo wrote: »
    Yep, i came across one of the full reviews or hands-on previews saying something to that effect, so you're not imagining it! Can't find the article now though.

The retail package could vary from market to market, probably best to just ask before buying.

The likes of Spigen are already advertising cases; all the photos of them appear to have the cases fitted over the plastic backed version. I wonder would the same cases fit the leather backed version? Even aside from the ridge of stitching, the leather looks a shade bulkier than the plastic back.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

it dosnt seem to have hugely changed from the g3, slightly brighter screen and faster processor, but same 3 gb ram and 32gb space, i love my g3, i didnt have
    4g and tried to root it recently and ended up bricking it, i however flashed it with a european version of kitkat and it seems to be fine with 4g working now, however it keeps asking to update and im fearful id loose my 4g if i update. So id advice anyone buying their lg g4 to make sure its european as not to have this no 4g problem maybe buy from amazon.co.uk. I use parcel motel all the time and only ever had one problem with them ,usually problems arise when seller dosnt put your pm number on the parcel, id advice anyone using them when buying to stress to whoever you are buying from to write the pm number on

it dosnt seem to have hugely changed from the g3, slightly brighter screen and faster processor, but same 3 gb ram and 32gb space, i love my g3, i didnt have
    4g and tried to root it recently and ended up bricking it, i however flashed it with a european version of kitkat and it seems to be fine with 4g working now, however it keeps asking to update and im fearful id loose my 4g if i update. So id advice anyone buying their lg g4 to make sure its european as not to have this no 4g problem maybe buy from amazon.co.uk. I use parcel motel all the time and only ever had one problem with them ,usually problems arise when seller dosnt put your pm number on the parcel, id advice anyone using them when buying to stress to whoever you are buying from to write the pm number on
    The G2 had the same issue. It could be changed (each reboot) by going into the hidden menu, or using an app called 4g switcher. It could be fixed with root, without flashing a new room. Needed to edit the build prop and change exactly one number.

:)

i went into the hidden menu on my g3 and also tried 4g switcher , when i tried it said not allowed.(this was while the phone was running lollipop) I contacted lg who told me my phone was a Taiwan variant and to use 4g the phone would need to be sent away and hardware changed. Now that I flashed it to European Kitkat its on all the time,even when turned off. I had Zte blade before this and the speed on the Zte for 4g was much faster than the G3, also it held a connection far better never dropping, only problem with the Zte was the battery was crap

i went into the hidden menu on my g3 and also tried 4g switcher , when i tried it said not allowed.(this was while the phone was running lollipop) I contacted lg who told me my phone was a Taiwan variant and to use 4g the phone would need to be sent away and hardware changed. Now that I flashed it to European Kitkat its on all the time,even when turned off. I had Zte blade before this and the speed on the Zte for 4g was much faster than the G3, also it held a connection far better never dropping, only problem with the Zte was the battery was crap

Your phone only supports one of the three Irish LTE bands. Further, even if it supported no Irish LTE bands, your phone would still allow you to set LTE GSM Auto PRL or whatever, it would just never be on LTE because there were no available bands.

its showing up connected to 4g and its getting 4g speeds as well, connected to 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Will the European version of this phone have wireless charging like the g3 does?

its showing up connected to 4g and its getting 4g speeds as well, connected to 3

Some ROMs display H+ as 4g as in some territories it's considered a fourth generation tech.

Not saying you aren't getting 4g, but the EU G2/3 had a well known problem with not connecting to 4g without using something like 4g switcher, flashing a custom ROM or editing build.prop

Your issue is entirely different!

thanks for the info TRAGEDY

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This def getting me interested but I don't fancy dealing with European online places and UK Sterling is killing us.

Have to say this wait for a new phone is tedious. Reading threads of people getting early access review units on XDA just makes it worse. Thoroughly fed up with my old Sammy S3 by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

bollix. Price of the leather G4 on amazon.fr has gone up to €699 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

One word of warning LG do not have a European wide warranty it is country specific so they may not deal with any issues you have with the phone. The big issue with posing phones back for repair is the battery a lot of couriers and An Post won't ship them out of Ireland.

• Advertisement

I emailed LG, asking about the availability. Specifically i asked about the availability of the phone to Irish customers. Just to go to the horses mouth about it all.

This is what i got back....
    LG(UK) wrote:
    Thank you for taking your time to contact us and thanks for your interest in LG products.

Unfortunately we do not have that information as of yet.

This is due to the fact that the G4 has not been released to the general public yet, so retailers and countries of sale are still in the works.

If you have any more questions regarding this or anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback. Please help us to improve our customer service by completing the short survey after this email.

Thank you in advance[\quote]

Advertisement