Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

F34 wrote: »
    One word of warning LG do not have a European wide warranty it is country specific so they may not deal with any issues you have with the phone. The big issue with posing phones back for repair is the battery a lot of couriers and An Post won't ship them out of Ireland.
    Ya I'm starting to lean back towards the S6, I also need a decent phone lock and the fingerprint one keeps me feeling safe if I leave the
    phone down and 'er indoor fancied a look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ya I'm starting to lean back towards the S6, I also need a decent phone lock and the fingerprint one keeps me feeling safe if I leave the
    phone down and 'er indoor fancied a look ;)

There are other ways to secure your device...

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Rip-off Ireland is alive and well... Just noticed Expansys.ie with a listing for the 32gb LG G4 with plastic back.

And it is yours for only €844.99!
    The brown leather will cost you €889.99.

There is also a listing on PhonesOnline for a much more reasonable €729.00. That's probably about correct if purchasing the phone in the UK, given the cost of converting into Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Redundo wrote: »
    Rip-off Ireland is alive and well... Just noticed Expansys.ie with a listing for the 32gb LG G4 with plastic back.

And it is yours for only €844.99!
    The brown leather will cost you €889.99.

There is also a listing on PhonesOnline for a much more reasonable €729.00. That's probably about correct if purchasing the phone in the UK, given the cost of converting into Euro.

I'll be near a Media Markt somewhere on the continent in the next couple of months, expansys can eff off with themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Clove are around €740 for it with the leather back expansys seem to be in lala land. They also have the first lot in stock on the 28th.

http://www.clove.co.uk/lg-g4

Well that decided it for me.

My trustworthy Sammy S3 has crapped out on me utterly. The speaker is gone nuts with deafening crackling. Since i would have about 5 hours of call-time a week it is not something i can live with long enough to wait for the G4.

So one CarphoneWarehouse and a HTC One M9 later means i'm phoned out for the time being. Have to say i am thoroughly regretful of giving up on the camera in the G4. Maybe if i could pick up a G4 for a good price by the end of the year i may jump ship.

Happy snapping when your G4's arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I'd see if I could get a refund on the HTC One M9, especially if the camera is of any importance to you - With some standardised testing, the M9's camera is actually meant to be worse than the galaxy S3's :o HTC got a really bad rep now for the M9 and rightfully so, they didn't improve on anything from last years M8.

Back on topic, this is perhaps the best review of the LG G4

• Advertisement

I can absolutely confirm the M9 camera is way sub-par. I'm pinning my hopes on the raw mode update, allowing me fix HTC's worst sins. Again this is functionality that the LG has out of the box.

I think the G4 has the potential to spark an arms race in the phone camera specs. Both Samsung and Sony have pro-sumer level 'real' cameras must be hurting with LG beating them at one of their supposed strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

available on amazon.co.uk for 599 pounds on 30th may. 642 euros on amazon.de

u could order from .de and setup a account with www.shipit.com to bring it to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

amazon.fr ships straight to Ireland without issues, I think the total was at 670 or so including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I want the G4 but just don't think I can justify spending that kind of money for it :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If only they increased the battery size since the g2 then It would have been an automatic purchase from me. Will wait now and see what else comes out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If only they increased the battery size since the g2 then It would have been an automatic purchase from me. Will wait now and see what else comes out.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5543&idPhone2=6901

Yeah the G4's battery isn't nearly as good as the G2, or even G3. But you can bring a spare battery... and it has quick charge.

I kinda wish they kept the smaller bezels but maybe it's a handling issue. I've never used a phone with such small bezels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mathiasb wrote: »
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5543&idPhone2=6901

Yeah the G4's battery isn't nearly as good as the G2, or even G3. But you can bring a spare battery... and it has quick charge.

Even with quick charge and a swappable battery, the battery life is pretty disappointing. I'm having second thoughts, I have to say.

• Advertisement

so is amazon.fr the cheapest place to get the device? €700 for the leather version.

N64 wrote: »
    so is amazon.fr the cheapest place to get the device? €700 for the leather version.

I'd say so, eBay is 100 dearer for the leather version.

I could have mine by tuesday if I ordered now... My finger is hovering over the button...

Swiss website https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/lg-g4-32gb-brown-mobiltelefon-4671690

I live here now and it's a great site, but I'm not sure they ship outside of switzerland.

Registered and tried to buy the phone from that site. No dice. They only ship to Switzerland :( 629 Swiss franc works out to be €613, so it's a really, really good price for the leather version (which is being sold in most places for €700)

• Advertisement

Guys, search Google for LG G4 Ireland, it catches all the websites selling here. I recently noticed that Dabs.ie have the plastic back for e710. Best irish website price I've seen and comparable to Amazon UK.

Advertisement