Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah done one the other day as I'd read in a few places that it might help with the play services drain, but not much change and nowhere near where my G2 was.
    To be honest though, work are after giving me a Z3 and it's great (still 78% since 11am and 3h49m screen on time) so I can't see the G4 getting much use now. Pity I bought it as its nearly unusable but one of the family is looking an upgrade so I'll send it their way.

I'll swap ya for my G2 ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LouiseD1719

No nothing attached, but I'd hope that having a smartwatch wouldn't drain it so drastically! I do have automatic syncing for my emails turned off though, which I guess could drain battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Try clean master to see if that sorts out the battery problems. It's on the Galaxy s 6 and seems to help.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Done a factory reset. I'll get back in a couple days and see if battery life has dramatically improved or not.

edit: Ok this morning I had a couple hours sitting at a machine and feeding it samples every couple minutes so my phone got a lot of use. 56% battery left, after 2hours SoT 31% battery use. Looking great so far!

All the Google play services are reduced on battery use too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Cool. Not going to try it first though :P

The only thing I'd want root for now is ad blocking on websites. which can be obtrusive and visually offensive.

I've rooted/custom-rom'd all my previous devices but this is the first where I'm happy with stock (plus nova launcher).

edit: there's a lot of nonsense on that androidroot website. Under https://www.androidroot.us.com/why-root/ 9) Multi-touch
    When you root your Android phone, you enable multi-touch capabilities. This allows users to zoom in with the ‘pinch’ motion or perform all sorts of other useful functions with their fingers.

Also earlier they have the Linux penguin with only 2.3% of the market share of smartphones but Android uses the Linux kernel so.... yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Patww79 wrote:

Personally I wouldn't trust this at all. If there was a root method for LB it would be all over XDA.

Ahh From what it looks like on the website u must first unlock the boot loader anyway. I've had dealings with these "one click root" methods before and they tend to take your IMEI.

If your going to unlock the boot loader you may as well just flash SU in recovery.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redgar

Ye but most OTAs are usually captured and posted so that doesn't bother me too much.

Since updating my battery drain hasn't been as bad. Certainly not enough to make me get rid of this beautiful device. I guess it all depends on which device u came from, it beats my Samsung any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I can get two days out of my G3. I'm glad i bought it a couple of months ago rather than waiting for the G4 if the battery stories are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

I have the lg g3 taiwan variant , I was thinking upgrading to the g4, only thing I am hesitant about is the connectivity of the lg g3, I notice it dosnt have great coverage losing network alot once im out of built up areas (i was using zte blade s6 before this and never lost total connection) In work in the office sometimes it loses also, at home in my home town its fine. Thinking of the zte blade s5 plus, also

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Anyone using dual sim G4 in here?
    I'm thinking in getting one as fed up crying two phones all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Thinking of getting one of these. Are there deals to be had SIM Free?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

nedd wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these. Are there deals to be had SIM Free?

Thanks

they very well should be as there is no carrier with them at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

PC World and Currys have them i think but you will pay for them there

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Don't get one.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

So not worth the money. I don't even bother with mine now.

Seriously you can't say that and not give a few examples of what you found wrong with it.
    Why are you not bothering with it?

EDIT
    ok sorry i read back the thread a little. Battery life is bad for a start. I'm thinking of getting one.l3 sounds better.

That's weird mines ok today for some reason..

I'll admit yesterday it was been heavily used but still got 18 hours before a plug in was needed so it's hit and miss for some people I found the s6 dreadful and nexus 6 battery was atrocious.

Try while charging to turn off Wi-Fi data Bluetooth location and that charge it and then unplug it... Leave it for a hour see does it drop.... I do that all the time I woke up at midnight last night to unplug it then when I got u this morning at 8 it was still 100% when you use it tho the battery drains quite heavy... Something you have to put up with there ain't no phone out there that dosent drain so quick while using it

• Advertisement

Advertisement