Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Language won't be a problem. German versions nearly always come with a English option. Seems like the best place to order the phone is from amazon germany although they don't officially deliver to Ireland, so you'd have to use parcel motel. You can find the instructions on the second page of the PDF here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

N64 wrote: »
    Language won't be a problem. German versions nearly always come with a English option. Seems like the best place to order the phone is from amazon germany although they don't officially deliver to Ireland, so you'd have to use parcel motel. You can find the instructions on the second page of the PDF here.

Anything to be said for ordering from Amazon France?

Looks like they'll deliver to Ireland, and the leather cover edition is cheaper than on the German site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

If you are ordering from a non-uk/ie site it will come with the wrong charger, though hopefully that will be easily replaceable.

Is it as easy to return to a foreign amazon? I'm probably going to wait until this is in a retailer.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

The cost of the G4 and lack of availability in Ireland was starting to put me off. I began looking at the Asus Zenfone 2 (4gb ram option) as an alternative. Been hearing terrible things about software issues with that phone though. I reckon I'm decided on the G4 given all the positive reviews coming out. Just where is reliable to buy it at a good price is the question.

Clove in the UK have it for sale online, but the exchange rate adds a €50 premium over the European sellers.

Patww79 wrote: »

Sorry, I'm in Switzerland these days, and we have a couple of really good technology web stores like https://www.digitec.ch/ I dont think they ship outside of Switzerland but if you can find a parcel motel kind of thing, maybe you'll be in luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Just something to think About if ordering from Amazon.de guys, i bought the original g flex last week from a seller on there who did deliver to Ireland But i used mailboxe.de to get it faster because of the bank holidays.
    Anyway i received it last Tuesday and the top left hand corner of the lcd has a black damaged blotch.
    I contacted the seller immediately and they replied in broken English.
    The gist of their message basically was that i had to return it to them at my own cost, they would then inspect it and decide whether to replace or repair,
    I told them this was completely unacceptable and i wouldn't receive a repaired phone and i would be without a phone roughly 15 days going on their timeline.
    They then sent me an email in full German so i told them i couldn't speak German that is why my previous emails were in English and they got very aggressive and defensive saying how were they to know i couldn't speak German.
    Basically what i wanted was a refund so i could send the phone back and immediately buy a new one so i would only be without a phone for around 4 days.
    Anyway what they've done is removed all their other units from Amazon so even if i was to get a full refund i would need to add another €150 to the price i originally paid to get the same phone.
    I don't know what to do now I'm looking down the lines of sending it to back tiny lg for a warranty repair because i absolutely love the phone otherwise.

Just a word of warning.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

From the little I know, I'd recommend you wait a few weeks to order. Currently the G4 has only been released in the far east, so any units available in Europe are imports. I think you're going to find yourself paying top dollar for a phone from Asia.

UK release date is the end of this month. Wait until it's available directly from Amazon or another well known UK retailer, and you'll be safe in the knowledge that you can return if there's any issues.

That's what I'd do, anyhow.

Edit: This page is monitoring UK release: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advice/mobile-phone/3609995/where-buy-lg-g4-best-deals-prices/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Pre-ordered the G4 in red leather from amazon.fr. Considering getting the White ceramic one - as said, you can always replace the back cover later.

Don't buy the Zenfone 2. It's despicably poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

There is no need to be concerned about ordering off the foreign amazon pages especially if you order through amazon themselves directly (I did this with the G2) From personal experience, they have English speaking phone operators and they will refund all associated postage costs if you get a broken item. Ordering off the UK site seems like a huge waste of cash when you consider that the cheapest option is about €726 V. €680 from amazon.fr (for the leather option) Only difference is that you'll get French manuals and a European charger though.

and yes, the ones from the EU amazon sites are pre orders thus are the full EU model. Only way to get them before the end of may is to grey import them from South Korea

Tragedy wrote:
    Don't buy the Zenfone 2. It's despicably poor.

It was your experiences in the Zenfone 2 thread that firmly put me off the idea of it. So thanks are in order!

Think i will wait for a month or two before placing an order for the G4. More because my bank balance is dictating it than availability.

Redundo wrote: »
    It was your experiences in the Zenfone 2 thread that firmly put me off the idea of it. So thanks are in order!

Think i will wait for a month or two before placing an order for the G4. More because my bank balance is dictating it than availability.

Tell me about it. Don't think I'll have the refund through before the G4 ships, so I'll be looking at almost an €1100 black hole on my account >.<

Every review I see/read for the G4 just makes me want it more. The screen looks amazing and that camera...

My earlier posts in this thread talked about worries over there being an 808 chip in the phone instead of the 810. But i have to say all the reviewers so far have been complimentary of the phone performance. And no two reviewers seem able to agree on any other major feature of the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭londonbus

Ooooh, nice.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭londonbus

Seriously tempted to get one. And living in the UK stronger sterling makes amazon.fr appealing....

I ordered it to parcel motel so the price is €685.60+€3.50. Call me cheap!

Tragedy wrote: »
    I ordered it to parcel motel so the price is €685.60+€3.50. Call me cheap!

Whens the estimated delivery date? I didn't think the phone was being released in europe to retailers until the end of this month.

Have I missed out on parcel motel scandal?

• Advertisement

Advertisement