Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Ballygunner beat Mt. Sion by 6 points in an awful game of hurling. The amount of wides in the second half must be in 20s. Highlight of the game was a super goal by Billy O'Keeffe in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Well I don't think you'll be disappointed here.
    Though you re fairly giving away the story-line.....no shock/horror element left.
    just change the story line a bit ,throw in Dessie to non ref it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

crazyman wrote: »
    Ballygunner beat Mt. Sion by 6 points in an awful game of hurling. The amount of wides in the second half must be in 20s. Highlight of the game was a super goal by Billy O'Keeffe in the first half.

Any other club matches on today??
    I've not gotten the local paper in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Any other club matches on today??
    I've not gotten the local paper in ages

Tallow v Dungarvan
    Passage v Ballyduff

I threw up the times there a few days ago.

Fourmile beat Roanmore by 5 last night I think, Jamie Barron went off injured after 20 minutes and Liam Lawlor looks like he won't play much part in this championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

Ballyduff 1-12, Passage 1-10. A big shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 The Fluther Good

And Tallow turn over Dungarvan! Fair play to them and Ballyduff Upper.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Mickotallow Congrats my friend. Some amount of humble pie to be eaten tonight. Live by the sword die by it I suppose! No complaints ye fully deserved your win and best of luck in the semi-finals.
    I await the slagging posts!! Meanwhile I'm off to lick my wounds!!

Must say I underestimated Group 1 of the championship, which had made up all 4 semi finalists.

But, if ever there was vindication of the championship structure its been in the past two weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

All four semi finalists from the one group, has to be a first?

Fair play to the smaller teams from the west, they have seen off alot of the big boys this year, can one of them see off the biggest of them all before the year is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Any date announced yet for the semi finals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭culbaire

archieknox wrote: »
    Mickotallow Congrats my friend. Some amount of humble pie to be eaten tonight. Live by the sword die by it I suppose! No complaints ye fully deserved your win and best of luck in the semi-finals.
    Tallow 3-13 ,Dungarvan 0-18. A huge shock. Just shows the championship is a great leveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Dickler

Looks like the remainder of this championship is going to played out below in Fraher Field to the backing soundtrack of Deliverance.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

culbaire wrote: »
    Tallow 3-13 ,Dungarvan 0-18. A huge shock. Just shows the championship is a great leveller.

You'll never beat real club spirit and pride of place.

That will never be bought!

Congrats to all four semi finalists!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Looks like the remainder of this championship is going to played out below in Fraher Field to the backing soundtrack of Deliverance.

lol Dickler, squeal like a pig lad and get the map out!!

All jokes aside, the weekend's results have been some vindication for hurling in the far west but can't help thinking that the 'Gunners must be delighted with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

If Dungarvan can't win a championship with their current policy of poaching players I see no other option than amalgamation at this stage.

But in all seriousness massive well done ballyduff and tallow tonight. Be great if one of the western teams could win it out now.

deisedude wrote: »
    Any date announced yet for the semi finals?

2 weeks from now, exact dates not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Surprising results tonight, well done to Tallow and Ballyduff.

No reason one of Fourmilewater, Tallow or Ballyduff cant win it out now. They have all won big games this year against fancied opposition and confidence will be high now.

Ballygunner were poor in their quarter final, they dont seem to be hurling well at the moment and look as vulnerable as they have been for a good while. Really missing Paudie Mahony and Wayne Hutchinson as well. The wides Mount Sion in the second half was crazy, if they had taken a fraction of their chances it could well have been a different outcome.

Looks very open now, hard to call. Great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tallow vs ballyduff upper
    Ballygunner vs fourmilewater

Huge money could of been won with favourites dungarvan, passage and roamore going out. Imagine having a Ballygunner/Ballyduff/tallow/fourmilewater and Japan in the rugby accumaltor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ballygunner v fourmile would appear to be favourites to win it??

Be nice to see fourmile win it out though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Alf Tupper wrote: »
    lol Dickler, squeal like a pig lad and get the map out!!

All jokes aside, the weekend's results have been some vindication for hurling in the far west but can't help thinking that the 'Gunners must be delighted with the results.

Never any vindication needed in the first place. Only one poster on here trying to make out that hurling was dead in the far west but anyone with half a brain knew it was complete nonsense. Is it ballygunbers championship to lose now? Far from it. The way this years championship has gone anything can happen

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tallow vs ballyduff upper
    Ballygunner vs fourmilewater

Huge money could of been won with favourites dungarvan, passage and roamore going out. Imagine having a Ballygunner/Ballyduff/tallow/fourmilewater and Japan in the rugby accumaltor.

Fourmilewater were odds on favourites for the match against Roanmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭mickotallow

archieknox wrote: »

Fair dues Archie. Takes a big man to do that. Great championship match. Never over til the end. Gloating isn't my style so I'll just say that Waterford inter-county team may not have benefitted tonight but out senior championship certainly did. Having a championship were any team can beat each other can only be good for Waterford hurling in the long run. Which is what we all want.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭mickotallow

You should really lose the "ler" from your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deise12

MUFC91CS what a ridiculous comment to make!! What players on the Dungarvan panel tonight were from outside the club???? one player Kieran Power who wasn't approached by the club to play it was 100% his own decision and also the fact that he has family connections with Dungarvan! The amount of rubbish on this thread is actually laughable its supposed to be about discussing games etc.. instead its all about getting in digs and slating individuals from other clubs. That's one of our biggest problems in Waterford. How are you supposed to be winning All Irelands and different titles when the minute something goes wrong everybody just wants to look for someone or something to blame!! I wonder from reading this thread over the past few months do half the people on it even go to matches or in fact have any idea about hurling! #GROW UP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cookey123

It has been stated already but the unpredictability of the championship this year can only be seen as a good thing for the county going forward. More players are getting exposed to a higher standard of hurling but most importantly what was evidenced last night is that there is a desire present within teams to keep going right to the end and never give up which is a vital trait for inter-county.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

deise12 wrote: »
    MUFC91CS what a ridiculous comment to make!! What players on the Dungarvan panel tonight were from outside the club???? one player Kieran Power who wasn't approached by the club to play it was 100% his own decision and also the fact that he has family connections with Dungarvan! The amount of rubbish on this thread is actually laughable its supposed to be about discussing games etc.. instead its all about getting in digs and slating individuals from other clubs. That's one of our biggest problems in Waterford. How are you supposed to be winning All Irelands and different titles when the minute something goes wrong everybody just wants to look for someone or something to blame!! I wonder from reading this thread over the past few months do half the people on it even go to matches or in fact have any idea about hurling! #GROW UP!!!!

haha ah here will you calm down. I was simply making a tongue in cheek comment after what has transpired on this thread over the last couple of weeks. The person it was aimed at knew that there was going to be backlash and alluded to it himself. It was a joke but I would like to extend my wholehearted apologies to the people of Waterford if I'am preventing our county from winning an all Ireland.

Frankly, I really couldn't sh1t where Dungarvan were getting their players from.

I wasn't aiming the second part of my comment at you personally I meant the thread in general!!

Is Michael Kiely not the same fella that grew up playing for Touraneena? Not accusing Dungarvan of poaching, just think youre wrong in what you said about nobody else being from outside thte club.

Yep ur right Sorry he's there too!! I think ive only ever posted on this thread once but I read it most days. Just after reading some comments over the last few months about Dungarvan getting players from here there and everywhere its a bit over the top!! Maybe im just being a bit sour after getting beaten last night :) !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Yep ur right Sorry he's there too!! I think ive only ever posted on this thread once but I read it most days. Just after reading some comments over the last few months about Dungarvan getting players from here there and everywhere its a bit over the top!! Maybe im just being a bit sour after getting beaten last night :) !!

I'm sour and soreðŸ˜. I genuinely thought we were doing ok but fair play to Tallow they fought it out to the bitter end. As a Dungarvan man I can have no complaints we will have to regroup and go again next year. With Passage beaten before us last night I thought we had a chance of going all the way but that thought went out the window an hour later!! God knows what way the championship will end up at this stage I certainly won't make anymore predictions!! Il still stick to DLS staying up though!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement