Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Nally is attacked again!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

ward died due to being murdered out of revenge by a dangerous out of control individual who got off due to the sympathy vote. the jury allowed a dangerous individual back into society which means questions should have been asked

He wasn't murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

yes, he got sympathy and got lucky. he's still a dangerous individual though. he wouldn't be the first dangerous individual to be acquited and won't be the last.

I find it hilarious that you take this view about Nally, when if you looked towards the other end of the barrel you would find someone deserving of said views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

got away with it out of sympathy by a sympathetic jury

absolutely. this was no self defence. this was simple cold blooded murder spauned by revenge
    2 sympathic juries was it?

what toss :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Sociopath2 wrote: »
    I understand your argument but what you're missing is that it was put forward that he was afraid of Ward returning immediately with a weapon or other people. This is understandable as Ward did have his son with him and Nally had no idea how many more were nearby.

I doubt revenge attacks months down the line were on his mind.

That argument really doesn't hold up. If that was his concern, killing him clearly didn't reduce the risk in any way, it increased it.

If you want to argue he wasn't thinking that would be one thing, but the suggestion that was a reasonable course of action to reduce the risk of reprisals is absurd. However mad people tend to get when their family members are shot and injured, they get a whole lot worse if they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    He didnt take the law into his own hands, he acted within the bounds of the law, his actions were judged to be lawful and reasonable by a jury of his peers.
    he did take the law into his own hands by commiting an act of cold blooded murder spauned by revenge. he got lucky, sympathy, and got off and away with it, all because of an overly sympathetic jury who all should never be able to serve on a jury again.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

he did take the law into his own hands by commiting an act of cold blooded murder spauned by revenge. he got lucky, sympathy, and got off and away with it, all because of an overly sympathetic jury who all should never be able to serve on a jury again.
    He acted within the law, hence his acquittal. Never mind the conspiracy theories

case885 wrote: »
    Don't forget Ward had a history of domestic abuse although his wife considered it to be 'play bating', good riddance and well done Mr Nally.
    not well done mr nally at all. only violent individuals who condone violence by all parties would say such a thing. i'm guessing you condone wards actions. if you condone nally commiting a violent act you have to condone any violent act commited by ward as well, as violent scum are violent scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

he did take the law into his own hands by commiting an act of cold blooded murder.........., and got off .

Now you're looking even sillier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

why would they. he's a danger, he can't be allowed a gun. he can't be trusted

I'll ask again, since you didn't answer earlier. Who is Paidrag Nally a danger to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

yes, he got sympathy and got lucky. he's still a dangerous individual though. he wouldn't be the first dangerous individual to be acquited and won't be the last.

Horse ****.

I know Padraic for years, a more gentle man you'd get hard to find. He was driven to the end of his tether and broke.

May it stay fine for you and you never go through what he had to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Luckily, you are just some random poster with crazy opinions with no influence on Irish law. Anyway under Irish law, the jury can't serve again because there is a time limit to when they can, if at all.

Edit: I consider you more of a danger to Irish society than Nally.

Get off his land to either get a weapon from the van or go and round up another shower of thugs to come back and kill Nally. Finishing him off is the reason Padraig Nally is still alive today.

nally would be no loss either. both of them are scum.

True at the time of the interview, not true now!
    Since his acquittal he is entitled to his shotgun.
    the relevant authorities say otherwise. thankfully they have decided he is not entitled to his gun. thankfully i suspect that stance will remain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

ward died due to being murdered out of revenge by a dangerous out of control individual who got off due to the sympathy vote. the jury allowed a dangerous individual back into society which means questions should have been asked

What sh*te talk!
    You know the man personally do you? You must be from Cross, Mayo so? I probably went to school with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

floggg wrote: »
    That argument really doesn't hold up. If that was his concern, killing him clearly didn't reduce the risk in any way, it increased it.

If you want to argue he wasn't thinking that would be one thing, but the suggestion that was a reasonable course of action to reduce the risk of reprisals is absurd. However mad people tend to get when their family members are shot and injured, they get a whole lot worse if they die.

He eliminated the immediate threat to him. Ward could no longer attack him, nor could he return inside a few minutes with a weapon or members of his gang who may have been waiting nearby. He was concerned with his immediate survival. Not doing so in an area that would not be reached quickly by gardai could have meant he was exposing himself to further danger. He was under extreme stress and without the knowledge we have of the situation.

On a different level he made it very clear he would fight to the death to defend himself. That would send a clear message to anyone wishing to him harm that it may cost them their own lives to do so.

The deceased was a violent criminal, with 80 convictions and who had previously attacked Gardai twice with a slash hook. He was an alcoholic, a drug addict and he suffered from hearing voices in his head(schizophrenic?). He was a bare knuckle fighter who preyed on the elderly, robbed them and who beat them up after.

Mr. Nally was a 60 something year old farmer who had never come to the attention of the Gardai beforehand. He was living in his shed, petrified, after being terrorised by the deceased for months. His house was burgled numerous times. Three elderly people in the immediate area had been tortured and murdered during such break ins. To say the man was petrified is somewhat of an understatement.

For those saying that Mr. Nally was wrong on the night in question, I'd like them to put yourselves in Mr. Nallys shoes. You find the now deceased trying to break into your front door. You try and fend him off. He's much more powerful than you and won't stay down. You're scared for your life, you've been terrorised for months, you're afraid that the now deceased will return again and again. The Gardai have been utterly useless in protecting you.

What would you do?
    i certainly wouldn't have bet him within an inch of his life with a stick once i had shot him once and he was barely able to walk, then shot him again and dumped his body over a wall, then told his son "your father won't be coming back" taking delight in that fact, playing poor me and looking for sympathy because i'm elderly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

the relevant authorities say otherwise. thankfully they have decided he is not entitled to his gun. thankfully i suspect that stance will remain

You haven't a clue what you're talking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

got away with it out of sympathy by a sympathetic jury

absolutely. this was no self defence. this was simple cold blooded murder spauned by revenge

Just take that ****e and make it your signature. I'll save you having to repeat it in every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

i certainly wouldn't have bet him within an inch of his life with a stick once i had shot him once and he was barely able to walk, then shot him again and dumped his body over a wall, then told his son "your father won't be coming back" taking delight in that fact, playing poor me and looking for sympathy because i'm elderly

Have you ever been attacked? I put it to you that you're talking through your hole out of a form of "White Man's Guilt"-style misplaced empathy.

Nah, the aussies will just sentence them to transportation to Ireland.
    and we can boomerang them back to australia again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Ward was killed because he was a thug and a coward terrorizing vulnerable elderly people that he thought were weak.

McNally, killed him out of self defense, because he was in fear of his life and all the other peoples lives that this thug was effecting. It in know way was an act out of revenge. It was an act out of self preservation.

McNally stood up to him, and I have no doubt that his actions have saved the suffering of many other elderly people that would have been beaten, robbed and even killed by this individual.

If you live by he sword, then prepare to die by the sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The lads up at the Mart in Athenry shit themselves every time Nally brings up a few sucklers for sale I hear......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Fail

You don't know the difference between murder and manslaughter.

He was never charged with murder and if he was first time he would have walked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

End of the road, are you going to answer my question RE your earlier post?

Who is Nally a danger to?

You also didn't answer another poster who asked what you would do in Nally's situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Pedro K wrote: »
    End of the road, are you going to answer my question RE your earlier post?

Who is Nally a danger to?

You also didn't answer another poster who asked what you would do in Nally's situation.

He won't.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Just shocking that this decent auld skin is getting terrorized again.

decent auld skin me arse
    I think that if he 'wasted' a few more gangsters .. nobody would shed a tear for them... and no judge in the country would convict him either.

i wouldn't be so sure.
    Then maybe these thugs would learn that its not OK to trespass and rob stuff from peoples properties.

they wouldn't. that sort of nonsense doesn't work. if you don't realize its not okay to rob a house nothing will make you realize it.
    If they tried this in any of the southern states of USA or places like South Africa ... the owner would blast them straight to hell .. and worry about the consequences later. (and there would be absolutely zero consequences..Home/property owner has all the rights)

well, we don't live in those sespits where gunhoe loonies run riot

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nally is a national treasure

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...well, we don't live in those sespits where gunhoe loonies run riot

I wouldn't count on it. The South will rise agin! :)

cerastes wrote: »
    Ward should have considered this before terrorising an old man? if more thought they might end up shot, it might end.

no . that doesn't work
    Not sure of where Nally was in relation to the attackers, but he should have waited till they became a threat in his home, warn them and if using the only item capable of defending against 3 men? fire a warning shot, if they proceed, then open up at close range so whoever was there was not wounded, self defence.

yeah, that would be classed as self defence, and i think me and others with my opinion would have some sympathy for him
    where does it end? Locked up and the key thrown away is too good for them and costs us.[/quote

it doesn't cost us that much. its worth it.

• Advertisement

jungleman wrote: »
    I always wonder why Criminal Assets Bureau don't investigate that.
    because it would cost to much and would take up to much time. its not worth the bother. CAB will get what they can get to but that isn't much.

Advertisement