Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Nally is attacked again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Justifiable, if you enter someone's property to steal, 1 conviction or 80 convictions should not matter. You are invading someone's living space which they have worked hard all their life for.

That includes circumstances where they stop to reload and finish you off if you try to escape?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

fcuking medal he should have got that time.
    .....there nothing I hate to see more thsn old people living alone getting terrorised.....there was a spate of them around here last weekend

no, he shouldn't. he shot a man and then when the man tried leaving he went and finished the job. he's a murdering animal who should have been locked up indefinitely

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

no, he shouldn't. he shot a man and then when the man tried leaving he went and finished the job. he's a murdering animal who should have been locked up indefinitely

He shot a piece of filth who terrorised him, brought his son to help him and had close to 100 convictions for violence and robbery.

Poor man, should be left in peace.

Never have sympathy when someone is killed invading a persons house, especially when they are isolated elderly people.
    the man was murdered after he left the property. shot first, but that wasn't enough for nally who decided to finish the job, murdering him in cold blood once he had gone off the property. the only reason he has a lot of sympathy is because the man he murdered was a traveler

h2005 wrote: »
    Hopefully they give him his gun back now.
    why would they. he's a danger, he can't be allowed a gun. he can't be trusted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

the man was murdered after he left the property. shot first, but that wasn't enough for nally who decided to finish the job, murdering him in cold blood once he had gone off the property. the only reason he has a lot of sympathy is because the man he murdered was a traveler

And you think you know better than our courts and a randomly selected jury? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

floggg wrote: »
    That includes circumstances where they stop to reload and finish you off if you try to escape?

Who knows what toll this had on Nallys mental state being intimidated by the likes he had to face. For his own sake Nally would have been better not to shoot him the second time, but I dont fault him for it, given half a chance where there was no threat to himself, Id put money on Ward being willing to beat Nally to a pulp and not giving a second thought to it.
    If you are ever on the receiving end of hostility from this community in particular you might change your view.

A career criminal deserved it, but not for the first time has someone been put away by the state for being on the receiving end of crime, when they pursued the criminal. Criminals the state is unable or unwilling to deal with and get out of society permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

What is "Frog" then? Nally was just defending himself after getting terrorised for months by these parasites. What would you do if you were getting terrorised for months on end, scared withless to even sleep in your own home?

Frog would have returned the next day or a few days later with a group of his cronies to finish Nally off, no doubt about it.

case885 wrote: »
    He said in that interview/show with charlie bird that he's not allowed own a gun. Pretty stupid as it was self defense, how will he defend himself from an intruder again?
    it was not one bit self defence. had ward been coming at him and he shot him and ward left or died, different story. no, finishing the job is not self defence. the fact nally isn't still in jail shows how ridiculous our justice system is

Buzz Meeks wrote: »
    You were always entitled to defend yourself.
    Nally's problem was that he followed the guy off his property and even went back to his house to get more ammo and went out again. Or more to the point Nally's problem was that he volunteered that information in a statement to the police.
    in fairness even if he didn't give that information to the police they would have probably worked it out anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sociopath2

You seem to think if he escaped it would have been left at that.

You are aware of this man's violent tendancies and the travelling community's propensity for feuding and hiding grudges?

Speaking as someone who was on the receiving end of that for having the audacity to fight back and get the better of a traveller during an attempted robbery, I can assure you Nally would have been attacked again.

I gave a career scumbag a black eye and a broken nose and spent a year dealing with his extended family until they get the message to back off, what do you think they would to someone who shot one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

it was not one bit self defence. had ward been coming at him and he shot him and ward left or died, different story. no, finishing the job is not self defence. the fact nally isn't still in jail shows how ridiculous our justice system is

The court of the land and 2 Juries of your peers would disagree with you, but of course, you´re right and know best.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh away with the lefty nonsense for just once. Why was said wounded man there? To give him flowers? Oh wait... no... he was there to rob him blind and likely worse given said "man's" (many)previous* and the previous intimidation of Mr Nally. The lefty nonsense of "all property is theft" and "shure what can you do and shure won't insurance cover it" doesn't begin to illustrate the terror many elderly and not so elderly people feel in isolated areas of this country.

Said "man" had eighty convictions. Eighty. And those were only the crimes he was found out and found guilty of. Eighty FFS. And yet he was free to raom abroad to commit more crimes. Insanity. Did he deserve being shot? Debatable, he certainly deserved to be in a gaol cell for life to keep his sort from the rest of human society. And he ended up shot to death because he wasn't taken out of normal human society.
    not lefty nonsense at all. the wild animal nally shot ward once but didn't leave it, had he done so i and i suspect floggg would have had some sympathy for him. but it wasn't enough. the wild animal decided to follow ward off the property and finishe the job. he then cried poor me and got sympathy. the fact ward was a traveler played a huge part in that sympathy also. ward wasn't shot because he wasn't in jail where i agree he should have been, but because nally couldn't control himself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

Ward was a scumbag who clearly demonstrated that he had no place in civilised society. No loss.

Nally had been living in terror, sleeping in his shed for (perfectly justified) fear of scumbags like Ward. He also feared (legitimately I think) that Ward would come back for him, in any case, Nally would have been on an adrenaline rush during the incident, that due to its nature could not have been avoided.

By allowing a piece of scum with 80 convictions out to rob and terrorise potentially vulnerable people at will, the law failed Paraic Nally, as it does all of us on a routine basis by allowing incorrigible vermin to go through the justice system on a revolving door basis.

P.N. should never have been put in the position he was. A civilised society demands better.

not lefty nonsense at all. the wild animal nally shot ward once but didn't leave it, had he done so i and i suspect floggg would have had some sympathy for him. but it wasn't enough. the wild animal decided to follow ward off the property and finishe the job. he then cried poor me and got sympathy. the fact ward was a traveler played a huge part in that sympathy also. ward wasn't shot because he wasn't in jail where i agree he should have been, but because nally couldn't control himself

You really haven't a clue what you're talking about.

The inflexibility of your extreme left views is indicative of someone who zero life experience.

Sociopath2 wrote: »
    Padraig Nally was an old man who wanted to be left alone to live his life in peace.

Frog Ward was a violent habitual criminal who went looking for an easy target to prey on and brought his son along to teach him the family trade.

Frog's 80+ convictions didn't deter him from attempting a violent armed robbery on an old man.

All the time he spent in prison didn't deter him.

The suspended sentences he got didn't deter him.

Neither did community service, fines or the probation services.

outstanding charges and warrants for his arrest didn't deter him either.

That 12 gauge finally did though.

Frog wasn't a poor innocent victim. He was a violent criminal scumbag that clearly wasn't going to be rehabilitated. He got what he deserved.

But there's always someone who'll defend an animal like that, always out of some warped sense of social justice and always someone who has never actually encountered one of these animals.
    he didn't get what he deserved at all. your defending an animal yourself so i'd hardly think you have the right to be complaining about others doing it. and of course the mention of social justice for good measure, i'm surprised you didn't go full hog and say "social justice warrior"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

hope the gards look in to it.

It was in the comments section of the Irish Daily Mirror, the travellers were threatening to find people who commented by looking at the location on their profile, and they defended Ward no matter what.

And they wonder why they are unpopular.
    eh because they are travelers? and because minority groups will never be liked by some no matter what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Sociopath2 wrote: »
    You seem to think if he escaped it would have been left at that.

You are aware of this man's violent tendancies and the travelling community's propensity for feuding and hiding grudges?

Speaking as someone who was on the receiving end of that for having the audacity to fight back and get the better of a traveller during an attempted robbery, I can assure you Nally would have been attacked again.

I gave a career scumbag a black eye and a broken nose and spent a year dealing with his extended family until they get the message to back off, what do you think they would to someone who shot one of them?

My question was aimed at figuring out whether people were justifying the actions based on what he did or who he shot. I think the answer is clear.

One thing that puzzles me is that if it's so certain that the Ward family would retaliate against him no matter what be did, why haven't they done it yet?

If it's absolutely certain they would have sought revenge for wounding him, why would killing him improve things?

eh because they are travelers? and because minority groups will never be liked by some no matter what?

Yeah, I'm sick of this discrimination against habitual violent criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

the poor poor poor knackers. Will no one think of the knackers!!!!!

No freedom of speech now you!!! Take your red card. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

He had 80 convitions for violence and robbery and probably a whole lot more that he was never caught for. He was a piece of utter filth. If he was an Eskimo people would feel the same, nothing to do with being a traveller or a minority.

I suspect you may be a wum, but if not, you are seriously deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I said it before and say ti again,

5 Convictions, execution. You're never gonna cop on.

Was it travellers this time again or are we "generalizing"?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

why would they. he's a danger, he can't be allowed a gun. he can't be trusted
    Who is Padraig Nally a danger to?

TIf Ward had lived that day Nally would most likely be dead by now, he had to finish him.

no, he didn't have to murder him in cold blood. nally is a ferrel wild dangerous animal who should still be locked up in a secure facility
    TAlso as he was cleared of any wrong doing it would appear that the state is in agreement with his actions.

the state isn't in agreement with anything. he got cleared out of sympathy, as not doing so would have caused reputation problems for the courts and the state because of peoples dislike of travelers or other minority groups. it is clear nally is a dangerous individual hence he thankfully hasn't been allowed a gun since.

My question was aimed at figuring out whether people were justifying the actions based on what he did or who he shot. I think the answer is clear.

One thing that puzzles me is that if it's so certain that the Ward family would retaliate against him no matter what be did, why haven't they done it yet?

If it's absolutely certain they would have sought revenge for wounding him, why would killing him improve things?

Nally was in prison and had gardai watching out for him afterwards. He was attacked outside a mart in Tuam by travellers after he was released.

On the day itself I'd imagine he was solely concerned with eliminating the immediate threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

no, he didn't have to murder him in cold blood. nally is a ferrel wild dangerous animal who should still be locked up in a secure facility

the state isn't in agreement with anything. he got cleared out of sympathy, as not doing so would have caused reputation problems for the courts and the state because of peoples dislike of travelers or other minority groups. it is clear nally is a dangerous individual hence he thankfully hasn't been allowed a gun since.

Now you're just looking silly.

the_syco wrote: »
    Black people are civilised. They integrated, and became great workers, teachers, musicians... oh, and paid tax.

whats paying tax got to do with anything? most people wouldn't pay a cent if they thought they could get away with it
    IMO, they'll sue you easier when you refuse them.

good. anyone who refuses them (because its a traveler no matter what reason they come out with) deserves it. any publicans refusing travelers for example because they don't like them deserve to go out of business, they aren't needed anyway.
    Frog would've been gone by the time the Gardai came, and the Gardai wouldn't be of any use when the traveller with 80+ convictions who had no fear of the law came back with friends.

doesn't matter. the danger to society that is nally had no right to "finish the job" that he had started before ward left the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

no, he didn't have to murder him in cold blood.
    Yes, he did. There was good reason to fear that Ward would come back.
    nally is a ferrel wild dangerous animal who should still be locked up in a secure facility
    He is a frightened old man who had been living in his shed because he had been terrorised by roving gangs of scum. Ward was the feral animal who should have been locked up.
    the state isn't in agreement with anything. he got cleared out of sympathy, as not doing so would have caused reputation problems for the courts and the state because of peoples dislike of travelers or other minority groups.
    He was cleared because a judge/jury found (with the force of the law of the State) that he'd acted in self-defence.
    it is clear nally is a dangerous individual hence he thankfully hasn't been allowed a gun since.
    "thankfully?" It's because he "hasn't been allowed a gun since" that he's been robbed again, every scumbag in the land knows this man is defenceless now, so he's fair game.

• Advertisement

It's like debating with a four year old. Even when cold hard facts are put in front of you you'll just say "no its not".

Advertisement