Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Nally is attacked again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

He'd want to keep that shotgun of his to hand...

cant the keystones cofiscated it

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭foxer3640

Looks like its end of the road for "end of the road" lol!

floggg wrote: »
    Yes, it must have been very hard for him standing over a wounded and man and shooting him dead.
    one should mention the deceased called into nallys property weekly over a period of time, forcing nally to sleep in a corner of a barn for safety, also the deceased was fuelled by a massive cocktail of illigial drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Go on Nally kid, send 'um all back to the land of Tír na nÓg!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Go on Nally kid, send 'um all bag to the land of Tír na nÓg!

TAAAAAAAAAAAYYYTTTOOOO!

• Advertisement

Better still and speaking as a wolf pack owner. There is nothing like a few German Shepherds, to keep scum of your property.

i know of a case where the used a tazer's on dogs, but then the dogs were kept in a confined place, better to give them room, thet will eventually get their own space

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Casual racism? wtf? they are as Irish as the rest of us!

Don't forget, the Minister for 'Equality' wants these type of people to be given special protection under the law:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/traveller-ethnicity-will-be-reality-in-six-months-says-%C3%B3-riord%C3%A1in-1.2005945

Aodhán Ó Riordáin thinks the move would be “one of the greatest things we can do to finally celebrate and acknowledge the rich and vibrant culture that the Traveller community have in Ireland”.

Always remember, the most dangerous enemy works from within to subvert society.
    Make your voices heard while we still have a chance to protect our most vulnerable. Don't be abusive, make your point clearly. This traitor will use any abusive messages as an excuse to evade and deflect direct criticism:
    aodhan.oriordain@oir.ie
    https://twitter.com/aodhanoriordain

did he not work in pavee point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I have no quarrels with him taking the first shot, and would defend his right to do so.

Once the thief was down and injured, he only needed to pick up the phone and call the Gardai. Regardless of whether the man lived or died from that point, i would have been in full agreement with what he did.

Self defence or defence of property rights is one thing. Taking the decision to unnecessarily take a mans life - that's another thing entirely and something I will never condone.

The person he shot should should have been arrested and jailed if he was attempting to steal from him. But last I checked we didn't he capital punishment in this state, nor was Patrick Nally empowered by anybody to administer justice.

Maybe I'm just a crazy leftist though, what with my respect for life and all.

(Good insult by the way whoever called me that. It's not only stinging, but also shows you are clearly an informed individual with an understanding of political and moral beliefs)

Open your eyes. The scumbag had eighty previous convictions. Eighty. Do you honestly think that if he had been let walk off of Nally's property alive that he or one of his lowlife sons would not have been back to finish the what he had started?

So is it actually unsafe these days to live in rural, isolated areas in Ireland?
    kina yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11044022/Tony-Martin-15-years-on-I-dont-want-to-go-back-there-because-it-could-happen-again.html

Have a read of this if you think poor old Padraig Nally was hard done by..
    At least a jury with common sense acquitted PN when the Judge was barred from interfering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

flutered wrote: »
    did he not work in pavee point

That would explain a lot.

an old boy living near me was robbed last week, when he answered the door two guys claiming to be from the esb shoved him to the ground entered and robbed the place, he was lucky they only took money

It's really not even close.

Expressing the view that nobody has the right to take the law into their own hands doesn't make you a vigilante.

It's the taking the law into your own hands that does.
    it is called self protection i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Nally is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

You mean the guy he had already shot and beaten, and who was trying to get off his land ASAP?

Yes, I am.

More like making sure that the scumbag never came back to terrorize him. And a scumbag with a history of violent attacks at that. Have no sympathy for Ward whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Jamsiek wrote: »
    Has Mr Nally harmed one other person besides that scumbag Ward? No!
    So he is not a danger to the public. Nobody here agrees with you

Nobody needs to agree with him because he is wrong. Nally has faced the law for his actions and dealt with accordingly.

The travellers have been at him since the case trying to wind him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

smcgiff wrote: »
    There's a good reason why they didn't get close and evasion of property is an attack.

Dodgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So let's just kill them instead I guess.
    How about 50 convictions = death by hanging?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

I dunno, I sometimes think we should bring back the stock, in times gone by prison wasn't mean't as a punishment, it was just a place to wait for your punishment to be served.

We are far to lax when it comes to appropriate deterrents to crime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jesus Christ imagine having to sleep in a shed on a night like this out of fear of being robbed, it would test most of us who would be years younger than Padraig Nally.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

If anyone entered my property or home like they did poor P Nally I would toture them for days maybe weeks before handing them in. If your intentions are to inflict pain on people and leave them traumatised. You should be prepared for the same thing to happen to yourself if it goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

A lot of people posting on here have no idea what it like to have your livelyhood sitting in your back garden/shed and these absolute scum fu¢ks come around and try and take it from you and your family!anyone comes on your land for I'll puroses should be fair game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

flas wrote: »
    A lot of people posting on here have no idea what it like to have your livelyhood sitting in your back garden/shed and these absolute scum fu¢ks come around and try and take it from you and your family!anyone comes on your land for I'll puroses should be fair game...

Some, not a lot. Most people are capable of knowing what it feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

flas wrote: »

Not a lot, just the same few posters who don't seem to understand how a functioning society should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chael The Spider Sonnen

He should have shot these 3 as well...... and done society a service! You should have the right to do what you want to anyone that breaks into your house.

These pikeys are immune to the law... Someone has to do something eventually about it. The man was pushed to breaking point. He was dead right in what he did.... the first time... This time, not so much!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

bjork wrote: »
    Those ignoring the courts verdict because "they know better" have themselves turned in to the vigilantes they claim to disagree with

Key board warrior justice! Be afraid law breakers. ............be very afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭HIB

I have no quarrels with him taking the first shot, and would defend his right to do so.

Once the thief was down and injured, he only needed to pick up the phone and call the Gardai. Regardless of whether the man lived or died from that point, i would have been in full agreement with what he did.

To understand what Nally did, you really need to understand how isolated he felt. The guards could take hours to respond to a call in isolated rural areas, depending on whether they have a vehicle available or not, and the distance to the station. The feeling amongst people who live in these areas is that they are 'on their own'. Law and order might as well be on the far side of the moon, it is that remote from you.

Many peoples response to this is to own a gun, and optionally a rottweiler. And they see nothing wrong with using either or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If anyone entered my property or home like they did poor P Nally I would toture them for days maybe weeks before handing them in. If your intentions are to inflict pain on people and leave them traumatised. You should be prepared for the same thing to happen to yourself if it goes wrong

Ye would, yeah.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Can I just ask anyone who is looking at power tools, generators, etc on done deal or adverts to have a think about where the items came from.

Two of these scum were around a house that we were building and came up to me asking questions. I knew who they were, they knew I knew. What I didn't know was that there was a 3rd scumbag with them. He went into the house when I was being distracted and took a key.
    When I was going home I checked all doors were locked, didn't realise a key was missing as I just checked the handle. Next morning, all the work tools were gone!

The guards came and after a few days investigating they found tools via done deal. They were being stored at a halting site not too far away. Guards done their job but the judicial system? Well, you know the end to that story.

So what I am saying, if you think you are getting a good price on done deal ask yourself first if someone else is out of pocket in return.

Advertisement