Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

It's clear double standards. Many on the left argue we should respect Muslim sensitivities about Mohammed, yet seem completely insensitive themselves about how sensitive many of us are about freedom of expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Remove that fcuking video Nokia. Or a mod Jesus H Christ why the fcuk would you put a video up depicting the final moments of that poor mans life.
    ****ing disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    FFS you see more graphic shoite in Hollywood movies, toughen up.

Of course it's going to be graphic, a man just lost his life, that is the reality of what happens, deal with it.
    Toughen up like you? Proper hard man, do you want a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I wonder if this will see a bigger divide in certain areas of france now, where one religion will mainly live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Beano wrote: »
    Of course they wont. they consider any cartoon of allah as blasphemous as these murderers did.

An alarming number do, but by no means all - such as Maajid Nawaz, who received death threats for his views.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I'm trying to work out why the troubles in NI mean that irish people are in no position to critise terrorist acts based on radical islam...
    Because middle-class right-on lack of logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

I should not have looked at that video :( you should have put up a warning seriously

these fkers need to be stopped at all costs they are getting more frequent how long before there is an attack in Ireland will all these still be comparing these terrorist attacks to NI ah sure its grand sure we did the same

This is a thread on the brutal killings on 12 people set up another thread if you want to give people a lesson in Irish history

Of course it's going to be graphic, a man just lost his life, that is the reality of what happens, deal with it.

What an absolute stupid comparison.
    Hollywood movies to a real life situation where a defenceless person is shot in the head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Toughen up like you? Proper hard man, do you want a medal?
    No hard man, just a realist.

Want to grow a pair? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Vandango wrote: »
    And Christians and their blood reeked history, are the last ones that can throw stones.

It's called 'history' for a reason. It is the present and current events we have to live with, deal with, judge, and react to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

No you don't, you see CGI/Effects.
    If I want to watch a hollywood movie, I will. I don't need it shoved in my face.

"Of course it's going to be graphic, a man just lost his life"

A warning was all that was asked for in most instances, one or two for it to be removed.
    Would that have taken a brain cell too much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

What do you think will happen? Care to make a prediction?

Expect a few anti Islam marches and not that this will help the sitituion but you can put money on the fact a few mosque will be set on fire. With so many dead and injured the French people are going to be very mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm trying to work out why the troubles in NI mean that irish people are in no position to critise terrorist acts based on radical islam...

They are perfectly correct to condemn acts carried out by extremists, where some are wrong is equating the actions of an extreme minority with their medieval interpretation of Islam and equating it with the whole Muslim world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

If only you were there to vault across the car and krav maga the two guys into submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

except hollywood movies arent real. you do know that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath. The silence from that corner will be deafening as usual

I remember there was widespread demonstrations from French Muslims after that fella was beheaded in Algeria. But when have facts ever got in the way of a good old fashioned persecution?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Perfect timing going into the US Presidential elections. All candidates will be putting the fear of terrorist attacks into the electorate

RIP to those who died in Paris today

No hard man, just a realist.

Want to grow a pair? :rolleyes:

I doubt there's a pair left for me to grow considering the gargantuan size of your testes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

gandalf wrote: »
    They are perfectly correct to condemn acts carried out by extremists, where some are wrong is equating the actions of an extreme minority with their medieval interpretation of Islam and equating it with the whole Muslim world.
    I couldn't agree more.
    However this doesn't answer the question posed by the post you replied to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

A few thoughts on the video

1. They seem highly trained

2. I feel very sorry for the policeman obviously, I wander did he say goodbye to his kids/wife this morning

3. Was there any need for the execution, the guy was unarmed and rolling around on the pavement and no threat to them yet he had to go over and finish the job

4. Why haven't they been stopped, just driving around Paris shooting buildings and people up and not a finger laid on them yet

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    If I want to watch a hollywood movie, I will. I don't need it shoved in my face.

A warning was all that was asked for in most instances, one or two for it to be removed.

Evidently it is.
    If people want to go and watch videos of people being murdered by all means go ahead but to then give it to us like it was some sort of show is disgusting.
    I honestly can't understand why someone would even post that video.

An alarming number do, but by no means all - such as Maajid Nawaz, who received death threats for his views.

i can take "an alarming number" to mean "the vast majority" can i? Maajid Nawaz is very much an outlier.

Allyall wrote: »

Who shoved it in your face?

Who forced you to watch?

Or did you employ your one brain cell to click on PLAY? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Jesus. Apart from the graphic nature of that video, it's a human being's last moments. Are he and his family not entitled to a bit of dignity?

If only you were there to vault across the car and krav maga the two guys into submission.

dont forget the witty one-liner at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't think anyone said that.

France24 are showing same video just not the last fatal shot.

RIP to all

I doubt there's a pair left for me to grow considering the gargantuan size of your testes
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Beano wrote: »
    i can take "an alarming number" to mean "the vast majority" can i? Maajid Nawaz is very much an outlier.

Yes - in terms of support for blasphemy laws, at any rate.

• Advertisement

Who shoved it in your face?

Who forced you to watch?

Or did you employ your one brain cell to click on PLAY? :rolleyes:
    Shouldn't you be jacking it to a beheading video right about now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement