Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Allegedly a photo of the attack

http://i.imgur.com/qUn5XYM.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

This guy

A camp can be a place of warmth and comfort.

You are the person who compared it to the nazi work camps mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I've got numerous Muslim friends, but I can't respect Islam as a religion...

Their Prophet, Muhammad , their "Perfect Muslim" was a blood lusting warmonger that killed, pillaged and raped people throughout his life... and when he died his disciples turned on each other.

The whole religion is a farce, where they basically idolise a violent gang leader...

Oh, and need I mention he had sex with a 9 year old?

Moses was a fan of stoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Vandango wrote: »
    And Christians and their blood reeked history, are the last ones that can throw stones.

Im not a Christian, am I allowed criticise radical islam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

And Christians and their blood reeked history, are the last ones that can throw stones.
    Ah yeah but sure that's in the past (mostly) so it can be ignored (apparently).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

And we had the crusades, and priests who had sex with 9 year olds (this we know for sure)

So we're in to whataboutery now already. well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Well they can really if they aren't fundamentalists.
    Just like moderate muslims can criticise christian fundamentalism.

I love the auld "criticise islamic fundamentalism = bigotry but criticise christian fundamentalism = ok" angle here on this thread. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Why should we have to live in a state of fear over the views of people who were not born here and want nothing more than to tear down my way of life?

Probably for the same reason we have to live in a state of disgust over the views of people who want to lock innocent people into concentration camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Perhaps you and your family should go to one to protect you from the scary Muslims then.

So saying there are a lot of incidents of islamic fundamentalism = not acknowledging the Northern Ireland conflict (as if it's not possible to acknowledge both) and must mean Irish history is not being taught in schools.
    Interesting "logic".

It's your logic that's interesting when you come to such a conclusion. Go back and read it again and the posts I was responding to.

And take a look at sarcasm while you're at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Or planting bombs in pubs and crowded city centres - yeah, could never imagine Irish people doing this.

Not quite the same there buddy.

I'm speaking of in the same context which you clearly aren't.

These killings were over some satirical material. That's why I made the comparison to channel 4 famine comedy for the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I like being safe in my own country mate. I have worked damn hard to make sure my family and I have the best possible life available to us. Why should we have to live in a state of fear over the views of people who were not born here and want nothing more than to tear down my way of life?

A junkie could break into your house tonight and kill you all for your TV and play station, should we put them in camps too? A drunk driver may hit your car tonight and wipe you all out, let's ban alcohol of all kinds. A bus may hit you and your family while out for a stroll, let's ban all motor vehicles and only alow nerf pushbikes from now on because something bad MAY happen to you at sometime in the future :rolleyes:

The whataboutery started pages and pages back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

No he didn't and it was inadvertent, Nietzsche actually condemned anti-Semitism and it was his racist sister that manipulated Nietzsche's ideas to fit her warped narrow-minded worldview for Nazi consumption.

Any moral philosophy that places narcisistic individualism at it's heart while and promoting a sociopathic society, that comodifies humanity and happily divides it into supermen and untermenschen, is sowing the seeds for the industrial disposal of those that disagree or serve no purpose.

Yeah, you want to open an Islam only Butlins :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

VinLieger wrote: »
    Why should I respect their beliefs if they don't respect mine?

Because it makes you a militant atheist supposedly.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's your logic that's interesting when you come to such a conclusion. Go back and read it again and the posts I was responding to.
    I read it. The person said there are a lot of atrocities being committed today in the name of islamic fundamentalism, to which you responded "But but whataboutnorthernireland".
    What about Northern Ireland? That was horrendous too. One can condemn both.

Also, the fact the N.I. conflict took place on this island doesn't in any way make all people of this island responsible for it, which the silly "People in glasshouses" comments imply.

Nope, just pointing out that EVERY religion has a history.

Perhaps you and your family should go to one to protect you from the scary Muslims then.

My family and I do not kill people who do not agree with our views.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

If you asked me 10 years ago what would be the thing that threatens our existence, political correctness would have been well down my list

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Support for LePen goes up a few %

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

yeah but overall Islam is the one still stuck in the past and carrying out attacks on innocent people almost every day now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is just that islam has a bit of a nasty present.

The past doesnt affect me too much, present and future does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Not quite the same there buddy.

I'm speaking of in the same context which you clearly aren't.

These killings were over some satirical material. That's why I made the comparison to channel 4 famine comedy for the Irish.

Murdering innocent people over some fcuked up ideological reasons - exact same actually.

buddy.

Just wondering how this means it's unreasonable to criticise islamic fundamentalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Don't even try to pretend that there is equivalence between Christian and Muslim extremists in the 21st century.

They're not equivalent but that's because they're coming from very different places. Most of the Muslim world is a ****hole. They're stricken with poverty and ignorance and that makes for fertile breeding grounds for extremist ideology.

If you look at African Christianity it gives plenty of examples of similar behaviour - butchering people, Uganda's criminalising of homosexuality, corrective rape (not all pure Christianity but coming from the same ignorant place).
    I strongly believe all this politically correct bullsh!t will bite us in the hole at some stage. Times are changing fast. We need to be alert and wise up.

The issue with dismissing people complaining about PC is that there are legitimate grievances with regards to immigration, religious extremism and so forth and by sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending everything is fine, not only do you ignore those problems, but you push more and more relatively moderate people towards extreme parties like UKIP, the BNP or into supporting goons like Marine LePen.

Centrist parties tend to have a lot invested in their own bull**** (like FG and the Catholics) so there's only so much rocking of the boat that they can do but left-wing parties really need to stop being such total pussies about this sort of thing.

You can take disadvantage immigrants and accomodate them in the country without kowtowing to the backwards nonsense they bring with them.
    There are problems with the interpretations of every so called religion by a small % of idiots.

The interpretation isn't the problem. It's the content.

We're just fortunate that most people ignore the hate-filled trash most holy books are comprised of.

I read it. The person said there are a lot of atrocities being committed today in the name of islamic fundamentalism, to which you responded "But but whataboutnorthernireland".

No, that's not how it happened. This was my reply to someone talking about a the religion of peace

"Yes, if only everyone was a good catholic and protestant the world, and more importantly Ireland, would have been so much more peaceful in the last 50 years or so.".

To which the reply was about not being able to eat meat on a Friday.
    Also, the fact the N.I. conflict took place on this island doesn't in any way make all people of this island responsible for it, which the silly "People in glasshouses" comments imply.

And the above is highly ironic given what is being suggested here.

jonny666 wrote: »
    yeah but overall Islam is the one still stuck in the past and carrying out attacks on innocent people almost every day now.

I agree, the answer is not locking them all up in camps though.

Yeah, you want to open an Islam only Butlins :rolleyes:

I want to keep it as far away from my family as I can as its a vile horrible faith which dangerous people use to kill and silly people defend as they are afraid of looking racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Again

A BILLION people, there is going to be a tiny% who are idiotic enough to do this ****, does not mean you can tar the whole lot of them.

It's a significant minority, nobody with half a brain can dispute that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement