Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

inforfun wrote: »
    So you remember one.

I remember all the silence after 9/11, Madrid, London. The silence after the recent beheadings by IS.

No, you don't, because there wasn't any. Do please try not to impose your lack of knowledge on reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

I wonder would a stipulation on immigration documents requiring the signee to agree to some terms offensive to fundamentalists be a way to filter out the nut jobs.

e.g. I agree that all the above is correct and that I will not kill people in the name of the almighty. I swear this in the name of the true almighty.

or words to that effect. while holding whichever holy book they adhere to.
    Anyone who takes offense and doesn't sign gets a kick in the face and no visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

It's only a matter of time before this happens in London. They (ISIS), will look at the sheer terror and fear that they have caused here today and will most probably replicate this against the UK.

Think about this new terror model that is unfolding today, land a pair of terrorists in an EU capital with what is really a minimal amount of firepower, but enough to shot dead maybe 100-200 people, give them two/three cars that they can have access to, or just let them hijack a few cars as the event unfolds, as they move from one scene to the next, they are wearing balaclavas and can no doubt change their clothes as they move from one shooting to the next and evade the police.

How is any police force meant to get on top of a situation such as this before dozens of people are shot dead? If this is the new type of terror attack for the future then God help people living in EU capitals where their country is engaging against ISIS.

I live in London and have genuine fears that this will manifest itself - not if but when.
    All it will do in then long run though is drive people to the right in their droves - and mosques will burn.

Multiculturalism: a work in progress

The French state has never ever had multicultural policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Fuck Islam and fuck Allah and Muhammad.

careful, lest the imams start calling for your head on a spike...literally like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

fuck Allah
    I hope you're not a Christian in any way, shape or form, or you might just have done an auld blasphemous act there. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

I wonder would a stipulation on immigration documents requiring the signee to agree to some terms offensive to fundamentalists be a way to filter out the nut jobs.

e.g. I agree that all the above is correct and that I will not act in the name of the almighty. I swear this in the name of the true almighty.

or words to that effect.
    Anyone who takes offense and doesn't sign gets a kick in the face and no visa.

Sweden is planning to take in 100,000 refugees from the Middle East. Germany take sin as many. No effort to filter out the fruit cakes. When the back lash comes it will be biblical.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nodin wrote: »
    No, you don't, because there wasn't any. Do please try not to impose your lack of knowledge on reality.

What took you so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I think the worst thing about the video is how casually he took the last shot. He was jogging and barely stopped to look, sends shivers down my spine.

Saw someone specuate it's guys from the Chechnya conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Simple thing we need to add to our immigration forms, a little blank box where the applicant is required to draw mohammad if they refuse then they don't get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

The French state has never ever had multicultural policies.

yet they have a multicriminal problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Noblong wrote: »

they spoke perfect french and said they were members of ql-qaïda

What took you so long?

Not 'maybe I was wrong' or 'have you evidence' but the usual attempt to switch from playing the ball to playing the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

:D
    What took you so long?

:D:D:D

"Have you a link for that?" :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

VinLieger wrote: »
    Simple thing we need to add to our immigration forms, a little blank box where the applicant is required to draw mohammad if they refuse then they don't get in

Just have a plate of bacon and communion bread. If anyone takes something from other than the bacon plate dont let them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

kstand wrote: »
    All it will do in then long run though is drive people to the right in their droves

Today might be that day for me. Too long those of us on the left have made excuses for Islam in the name of tolerant liberal democratic values. Islamists do not give any credence to the values that are used to shelter their despicable ideologies, its time to stop allowing them that protection. **** Islam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    careful, lest the imams start calling for your head on a spike...literally like...

I know I'm dead. If the radical Islamists don't get me their white knight defenders will.

That would keep out all practicing Sunni, not just the nuts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not 'maybe I was wrong' or 'have you evidence' but the usual attempt to switch from playing the ball to playing the man.

As soon as people are doubting what i did see on Dutch tv, they are not worth anything else than a smart arse comment.

So you got one.

drumswan wrote: »
    Today might be that day for me. Too long those of us on the left have made excuses for Islam in the name of tolerant liberal democratic values. Islamists do not give any credence to the values that are used to shelter their despicable ideologies, its time to stop allowing them that protection. **** Islam.

Its is too late in France and in the UK and perhaps in other European countries such as Germany and Sweden.
    But it is not too late in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

That would keep out all practicing Sunni, not just the nuts.
    You say that like they are mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Palmach wrote: »
    Sweden is planning to take in 100,000 refugees from the Middle East. Germany take sin as many. No effort to filter out the fruit cakes. When the back lash comes it will be biblical.

Islam will destroy everything Europe stands for. That is their aim. The politically correct lobby is in control of Europe and no resistance is tolerated.
    The price will be the end of free speech and a horrible place to live. In Ireland already newspapers refused to carry cartoons for fear of being attacked.
    And then we will all be reminded that we are Islamophobes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Noblong wrote: »

It's entirely possible. What's little discussed about the Balkan war is it's effect on radicalizing western Muslims. It was the first conflict that saw large numbers of Europeans go to fight a jihad and it was a conflict that brought them, most for the first time, into direct contact with Islamist fighters from across the globe and particularly wahabist islamists that travelled to the conflict zone from the middle east. It could even be argued that al qaeda's ideology of 'global jihad' and extremism had it's roots in that conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Every newspaper in Europe should print the offending Charlie Hebdo cartoons tomorrow on their front pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The oul Islamist Militants out shooting innocent people again, why am I not surprised? Terrorist scum, can they not just reek back to their rotten countries and stop terrorising the West! Degenerates!

Ban Religion, great idea, nutters who'll carry out a massacre over a cartoon would definitely not react to an attempt to ban their religion.

As soon as people are doubting what i did see on Dutch tv, they are not worth anything else than a smart arse comment.

So you got one.

O, but you referred to a lot more than Dutch TV, didn't you?
    I remember all the silence after 9/11, Madrid, London. The silence after the
    recent beheadings by IS.

The above is the part of your post that I actually quoted.......

Palmach wrote: »
    Every newspaper in Europe should print the offending Charlie Hebdo cartoons tomorrow on their front pages.

This is what should happen - every newspaper, magazine, pamphlet even the local parish missal. Let them all publish it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

yeah.

with tits and an airplane crashing into his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yes, if only everyone was a good catholic and protestant the world, and more importantly Ireland, would have been so much more peaceful in the last 50 years or so.

Do they not teach Irish history in schools any more ?

They do but obviously you need to brush up on it yourself good Sir.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement