Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

The people Of Israel are fighting for their very lives against the terrorists of Hamas who are cowards who hide in schools and hospitals.

You're a supporter of murdering children???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Paul Hackett has a different opinion. That dont make him a troll.

Anyone who cannot/refuses to see a link between today's events and recent western actions in the Middle East is either stupid or disingenuous.

You can play aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The only event event in the middle east that i am concerned about is Islamic State and the only solution to that is Western boots on the ground and kill em all......

Will you be signing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Paul Hackett has a different opinion. That dont make him a troll.

Anyone who cannot/refuses to see a link between today's events and recent western actions in the Middle East is either stupid or disingenuous.
    His language is trollish though. "We" "we" ****ing "we" (of course not including himself).
    I wouldn't be surprised also if there were islamic fundamentalists who had it in for the West with or without actions by the US/Britain. As mentioned, look at the Danish cartoons - what military attacks did the Danes carry out?

Pretending it's irrational for people (who never did anything to any muslim and never will) to be shocked by I.S. atrocities is ultra dickish too.

So, maybe not a troll in the sense of not really believing what he's saying - but certainly one in the sense of being grossly inflammatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

The only event event in the middle east that i am concerned about is Islamic State and the only solution to that is Western boots on the ground and kill em all......

Do us a favor and head over there to put your own boots on the ground first. I don't think many will try to stop you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Charb's drawing published this week

"Still no terrorist attack in France"

Speech bubble: "Wait, we have until the end of January to present our wishes"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

And the anti-semite/israeli pro muslim/ISIS side completely ignore a confrontation of more muslim caused murders. Just as predicted. Can't say AH doesn't provide consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Egginacup wrote: »
    I don't think it's a piss-take at all. You can express all the fury you want but we (the west) created these people so expressing faux-outrage when they pick up a gun and fight back after years/decades of abuse and oppression by the West is a bit like kicking a dog repeatedly and then calling animal protection when he snaps at you.

As for the policeman.....was he anymore deserving of death than the millions of innocents killed in the countless campaigns against Middle East countries by Western powers? Obama alone has slaughtered more innocoent people just in his drone strikes alone than were killed on 9/11

But if you insist on killing these people till they bend to your will ("the beatings shall continue until morale improves!") then have the decency to take the odd revenge and retribution attack like a man.

The "West" didn't create these nutcases. We aren't talking about these people deciding enough is enough and taking on armed forces head on.
    They are attacking normal members of the public, I mean ffs they killed 13 people (so far) due to a cartoon.
    They are as barbaric as they come using their sadistic mentalities to appease their God.
    If they were seriously just attacking the West then how come they are also killing their fellow brethren?
    They see an injured person on the floor that they have shot and their only thought is to then shoot him in the head.
    What about that soldier who was macheted to death on the streets of London?
    Obama has nothing to do with todays events, and either did the US, the UK or any other country.
    That cartoon was always going to be published and those sadists were always going to carry out their cowardly acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Will you be signing up?

Well i have no military experience so i might not be of much use. It's nothing the US Marines or a collaboration of European forces couldn't handle. It's just the will to do it isn't there. .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I'm a supporter of Palestine, I am staunchly condemnatory of the Israeli state/military, I know most muslims are not fanatics and do not deserve to be tarred with the fundamentalist brush (which I know Grand Moff Tarkin is doing, and I said it to him)... but that doesn't make me view the whataboutery on this thread as any less disgusting. "Look at what's happened under christianity/under catholicism in Ireland", "'We' are responsible for I.S. atrocities", "'We' can't talk".
    People saying the likes of the above, following this atrocity and the other I.S. atrocities, really need to do a bit of actual thinking and remove their right-on blinkers. It wouldn't surprise me either if they didn't wheel out the old "whatabout" angle if we were talking about an atrocity committed by christians.

The whataboutery tends to be aimed at the people who think every Muslim is planning on killing them and ruin our utopia of peace and understanding.

These things tend to just descend into neo nazis vs anti west people anyway. Hence why not much can be done until they calm down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: I'm locking this for the time being till I have a chance to go through all the crap that has been posted so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement