Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

That video is terrible. But that's what happens in real life folks. Maybe if we saw more of the actual horror we might be less inclined to defend terrible actions on objective, politically correct grounds.

The fact is that there are Muslim groups carrying out these attacks in the name of their religion. Therefore, that religion from its leaders down to its joe soaps, need to completely and publicly condemn it and be more proactive in outing those who commit such acts or sympathise or support such attacks in any way. That is up to those in Islam. Because this cannot continue in the civilised world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Who shoved it in your face?

Who forced you to watch?

Or did you employ your one brain cell to click on PLAY? :rolleyes:

Not playing your troll games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Shouldn't you be jacking it to a beheading video right about now?

he needs a few minutes to recover before he starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

On twitter: Paris is Burning is a film about drag queens... MT @ezzsaid: Jihadists on twitter hailing Paris attack, some using #parisisburning hashta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

How did these f**ks be allowed into France ? I think it's time Europe revises the European social charter.

born there maybe? just like their seven siblings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Allyall wrote: »
    BIG RED WRITING WARNING FOR THE VIDEO.

not you're little cráp edited warning.

Why do people who are apparently so.....fragile....read/post on threads about mass murder? I saw the video and saw an execution of an innocent man. What about that can't you watch without being so "traumatized" ? It's reality. It's what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Bob24 wrote: »
    Ireland is decades behind the rest of Western Europe when it comes to multiculturalism. We just have to look at them to know whatever associated benefits/problems are coming our way.
    Does ireland have a large muslim population?
    Ireland is a great country but I don't see it becoming a becaon for people to immigrate too.JMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

It's clear double standards. Many on the left argue we should respect Muslim sensitivities about Mohammed, yet seem completely insensitive themselves about how sensitive many of us are about freedom of expression.

Fine then. Dont respect their lines in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

According to radio reports one of the gunmen shouted "The Prophet will be avenged".

would not surprise me at all...it just very rarely happens that someone kills a dozen or so – by western standards completely innocent - people and shouts “jesus will be avenged” or anything to that effect...
    though i do not want to get involved in another pointless discussion on the sheer awesomeness and the merits of islam, muslim reproduction and immigration...said all there is to say in other threads and it is really all too obvious and clear for all to see...just waiting for the defenders of the faith to come in and justify it all somehow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Religion. Would be great if it didn't exist in any form.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Why do people who are apparently so.....fragile....read/post on threads about mass murder? I saw the video and saw an execution of an innocent man. What about that can't you watch without being so "traumatized" ? It's reality. It's what they did.

What about you can/would want to watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Yes - in terms of support for blasphemy laws, at any rate.

Good thing we have those laws already set up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Does ireland have a large muslim population?
    Ireland is a great country but I don't see it becoming a becaon for people to immigrate too.JMO

A lot of these countries had empires that made citizens of the people they conquered France in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Religion of Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You do realise there is a difference between talking about murder and actually physically watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

It's reality. It's the incident that spawned this thread. Why wouldn't seeing the factual event be of relevance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Is there really no political motivation for this? Wasn't France against the Iraq war?

I hope there are some serious reputations for this. In fact I'm sure there will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

brimal wrote: »
    Religion of Peace
    A number of people have used that hackneyed line already.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

colossus-x wrote: »
    Is there really no political motivation for this? Wasn't France against the Iraq war?

I hope there are some serious reputations for this. In fact I'm sure there will be.

Apparently publishing a cartoon of Muhammad is more than enough reason.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

That video is a stark reminder of the sort of people the western world is dealing with. It is a hard watch no denying that but sticking your head in the sand won't make it or the Islamic terrorist go away.

It's reality. It's the incident that spawned this thread. Why wouldn't seeing the factual event be of relevance?

I didn't say it wasn't of relevance. I asked for a warning over the video before the mod edited it.

I would have preferred to have known I was going to watch a defensless man being shot in the head.
    I'm not really sure why that's so difficult to comprehend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

I don't think very much will change

the growth of islam in Europe will continue

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Euronews reporting schools in the 11th being evacuated. Perhaps the police believe the gunmen are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Probably the most relevant thing happening in Europe, perhaps the world at the moment.

This is real life, this and much worse happens every day. Why would you shield yourself from the actual realities of the world we live in?

It's factual and extremely relevant.

These guys are complete scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Allegedly a photo of the attack

http://i.imgur.com/qUn5XYM.png

Blood chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Then you watch the news, you don't need to add a video of an injured person being shot in the head!!
    Why are some people still not getting this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The French have launched airstrikes on ISIS before. Quite a few military operations carried out by them against Islamists in Africa in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

That video is a stark reminder of the sort of people the western world is dealing with.

As are some of the comments on this thread feigning outrage over the mere suggestion of a warning label for a video of a man being shot in the head today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

iguana wrote: »
    Euronews reporting schools in the 11th being evacuated. Perhaps the police believe the gunmen are there.

looking for brides after their "great work"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement