Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Holsten wrote: »
    Probably the most relevant thing happening in Europe, perhaps the world at the moment.

This is real life, this and much worse happens every day. Why would you shield yourself from the actual realities of the world we live in?

It's factual and extremely relevant.

These guys are complete scumbags.
    First off, a person has the right not to have their last moment watched by complete strangers.

Second off, these videos act as propaganda for Islamists. They WANT people to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

videos circulating reddit and other sites of two gunmen shooting a policeman, then executing him point blank. tough viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Nope, just pointing out that EVERY religion has a history.

Thanks for pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

videos circulating reddit and other sites of two gunmen shooting a policeman, then executing him point blank. tough viewing

It was already posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The worst thing about it is that there will be more deaths today. They are still out there.... Hope they get to meet their Allah very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

bear1 wrote: »
    The worst thing about it is that there will be more deaths today. They are still out there.... Hope they get to meet their Allah very soon.

Would agree - this isnt over yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Allyall wrote: »
    What about you can/would want to watch it?

Because it leaves no doubt as to how brutal and quick these attacks are. That cop was lying there turning over no doubt due to the discomfort of his injuries. To walk over and nonchalantly finish him off is completely shocking. But it has left me in no doubt as to the horror. And there is a use in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Fúck! I feel sick after watching that video!

Just ban religion once and for all. Let's be done with it. We don't need this sh1t anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, as harrowing as that video is it's the perfect piece of footage they would like to see spread.

That image of the cop holding his hand up just before he's executed will probably be plastered all over the papers tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Showing a censored version of that video on Sky News now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,315 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Nope, just pointing out that EVERY religion has a history.
    It is one thing to be an ignorant violent superstitious thug in a time when there is little education, literacy, communication technology scientific understanding etc,

It is a very different thing to be an ignorant violent superstitious thug in the second decade of the 21st century when the entire acquired knowledge of the human species is available to anyone at any time literally in the palm of your hand....

Medieval religious and cultural beliefs are utterly anachronistic and I can't wait until the day they die out. The only thing keeping them alive is misplaced respect for the idea of 'religion' as if it was anything other than the attempts of ignorant people to make sense of a world they did not understand.

positron wrote: »
    Fúck! I feel sick after watching that video!

Just ban religion once and for all. Let's be done with it. We don't need this sh1t anymore.

If it wasn't religion then it would be something else.
    Humanity is our own greatest threat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I remember there was widespread demonstrations from French Muslims after that fella was beheaded in Algeria. But when have facts ever got in the way of a good old fashioned persecution?

So you remember one.

I remember all the silence after 9/11, Madrid, London. The silence after the recent beheadings by IS.
    I do remember muslims on Dutch television saying about Theo van Gogh's murder: "Yeah, it is not good he has been killed but he did insult the prophet (nsfh) so he was asking for it.
    And not just 1 saying that.

Now i do also remember all the demonstrations all over the place after someone dared to make a cartoon of the prophet (nsfh).
    So they actually can do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Fuck Islam and fuck Allah and Muhammad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Good timing for this guy's book release:

Paris (AFP) - A new book imagining a future France coming under Islamic rule hits French bookshops on Wednesday in a literary sweep likely to fuel creeping European angst about Muslim immigration.

http://news.yahoo.com/houellebecq-book-stirs-european-angst-over-islam-111959248.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

o1s1n wrote: »
    Showing a censored version of that video on Sky News now.

Who shot the video?
    Was it an onlooker or one of the attackers?

(I havent seen it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

And we had the crusades, and priests who had sex with 9 year olds (this we know for sure)

you are getting things mixed up here...the comparison with paedophile priests might work when comparing them to imams or so, the prophet would have to be compared to jesus for your argument to work...
    also you might want to read up on the crusades, on how and why they took place and on what happened in the “holy land” from the 7th century until the first crusade...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Who shot the video?

(I havent seen it)

Shot from an apartment or office by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    you are getting things mixed up here...the comparison with paedophile priests might work when comparing them to imams or so, the prophet would have to be compared to jesus for your argument to work...
    also you might want to read up on the crusades, on how and why they took place and on what happened in the “holy land” from the 7th century until the first crusade...

I wouldnt have bothered with the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Who shot the video?

(I havent seen it)

Seemed like a bystander hidden upstairs in an apartment recording them down on the street with their smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Just finished reading the thread. What a horrific incident. This thread is ridiculous.

NI for about 10 pages seriously?? On that note> If I join the IRA, I can't say it was just a few mad lads in the group that went crazy and nothing to do with me

Then the guy who posted the video of the incident is condemned for the next 10 pages. He is hated on more in this thread than the guy who carried out shootings.

Whatabouttery is alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

bjork wrote: »
    Just finished reading the thread. What a horrific incident. This thread is ridiculous.

NI for about 10 pages seriously?? On that note> If I join the IRA, I can't say it was just a few mad lads in the group that went crazy and nothing to do with me

Then the guy who posted the video of the incident is condemned for the next 10 pages. He is hated on more in this thread than the guy who carried out shootings.

The irony.

Who shot the video?

(I havent seen it)

Don't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Muhamed is proud I'm sure. Yet people will still (if they haven't already) start with Islam is great its rascist to blame muslims its Israel and so on and on. Like happens every week when extremists go on a spree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

gandalf wrote: »
    They are perfectly correct to condemn acts carried out by extremists, where some are wrong is equating the actions of an extreme minority with their medieval interpretation of Islam and equating it with the whole Muslim world.

is there any interpretation if Islam that isn't medieval.

Any religion, come to think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

bjork wrote: »

As is gross exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

kstand wrote: »
    I wouldnt have bothered with the response.

sorry, couldn't help myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Rather I hadn't seen the video of the officer being murdered. horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think the worst thing about the video is how casually he took the last shot. He was jogging and barely stopped to look, sends shivers down my spine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

It's only a matter of time before this happens in London. They (ISIS), will look at the sheer terror and fear that they have caused here today and will most probably replicate this against the UK.

Think about this new terror model that is unfolding today, land a pair of terrorists in an EU capital with what is really a minimal amount of firepower, but enough to shoot dead maybe 100-200 people, give them two/three cars that they can have access to, or just let them hijack a few cars as the event unfolds, as they move from one scene to the next, they are wearing balaclavas and can no doubt change their clothes as they move from one shooting to the next and evade the police.

How is any police force meant to get on top of a situation such as this before dozens of people are shot dead? If this is the new type of terror attack for the future then God help people living in EU capitals where their country is engaging against ISIS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement