Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Murdering innocent people over some fcuked up ideological reasons - exact same actually.

buddy.

Oh it's like that is it. YOU'RE NOT MY BUDDY PAL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

MOD: video removed. Despite being of the incident, it's a bit to graphic to be on display here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

nokia69 wrote: »
    MOD: video removed. Despite being of the incident, it's a bit to graphic to be on display here.

Jesus, put a warning on that video. Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

FFS Nokia, have a bit of respect and don't be so tasteless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Might wanna put a graphic warning before that mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

And we had the crusades, and priests who had sex with 9 year olds (this we know for sure)

Yeah, how long ago were the Crusades... remind me again?

And with regards to the priests the ONLY people that protected them was the Catholic church, no one else. Everyone hates those priests, and the opinion of the Catholic church has been greatly damaged as such because of those revelations...

So again tell me how this even compares for everyone compared to the institutionalize thinking of a LOT of Muslims the world over, and the many Muslim countries with their Sharia Laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I want to keep it as far away from my family as I can as its a vile horrible faith which dangerous people use to kill and silly people defend as they are afraid of looking racist.

So how do we "keep it away from your family"?

Should we lock up millions just to satisfy you? Or should you and your family just move to some little rock of the West coast or up in the Hebrides?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh it's like that is it. YOU'RE NOT MY BUDDY PAL!!

He is not your Pal, guy.

Serious. RIP to all those who have lost their lives. This magazine needs to publish a new edition to counter this attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I agree, the answer is not locking them all up in camps though.

I know those comments are bolloxs but something has to be done. I dont know what.

Hopefully Islamic leaders in france speak out heavily against these attacks and try to teach their followers this isnt on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Im shook after that. There are no words. Poor fella. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Poor cop in that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Nope, just pointing out that EVERY religion has a history.

Your constant use of caps just gives an impression of roaring at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

The problem with even the peaceful end of this religion is that it's followers come to different countries and demand that their beliefs are adhered to with no integration at all. When you are WELCOMED in to a new country you pay the country the respect it deserves by joining society while not causing an issue because you can't live the way you lived back in the country you left for whatever reason.... so many other religions have fun poked at them and get on with it. Do it to Islam and you're threatened with your life. I would have a liberal view on a lot of issues but I'd also have a far right view on many others as I am a bit of a paradox.... When it comes to stuff like this I almost agree with the torture that was committed by the US to TRY to stop stuff like this happening. If people want to get involved in a group that would have no problem walking on to a plane with people I care about and blow them up I couldn't give two ****s if their human rights are trampled on because they simply don't deserve them with their view on the world.

On another note this is going to just give increasing support to the far right in Europe and it's going to be a very nasty place to be a Muslim going forward which isn't right but what can you expect... Also to the usual AH responses on here from people being outraged for people saying " Religion of peace " etc give it a rest. You're just arguing for the sake of it, you'd change your tune quickly if you knew someone who was shot today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

**** me take that video down

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

jonny666 wrote: »
    I know those comments are bolloxs but something has to be done. I dont know what.

Hopefully Islamic leaders in france speak out heavily against these attacks and try to teach their followers this isnt on

Dont hold your breath. The silence from that corner will be deafening as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

FFS. :mad::mad:
    Put a warning on that video or better yet, delete it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

So how do we "keep it away from your family"?

Should we lock up millions just to satisfy you? Or should you and your family just move to some little rock of the West coast or up in the Hebrides?

I think the French people over the next few days will set an example of the road we should follow when it comes to dealing with Islamic terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath. The silence from that corner will be deafening as usual

This is one of the problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

jonny666 wrote: »

They'll all condemn the attacks.

Whether or not they all speak up for freedom of expression, especially the type of content that Charlie Hebdo was promoting, is a different matter entirely.

This has the potential to be far more divisive for Muslims in Europe than ISIS or Al-Qaeda ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I want to keep it as far away from my family as I can as its a vile horrible faith which dangerous people use to kill and silly people defend as they are afraid of looking racist.
    You can't blame moderate muslims for the behaviour of the radicals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That poor cop didn't stand a chance there. Sorry I watched that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

BIG RED WRITING WARNING FOR THE VIDEO.

not you're little cráp edited warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I think the French people over the next few days will set an example of the road we should follow when it comes to dealing with Islamic terror.

What do you think will happen? Care to make a prediction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

They'll all condemn the attacks.

Whether or not they all speak up for freedom of expression, especially the type of content that Charlie Hebdo was promoting, is a different matter entirely.

This has the potential to be far more divisive for Muslims in Europe than ISIS or Al-Qaeda ever was.

Of course they wont. they consider any cartoon of allah as blasphemous as these murderers did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

**** religion, all religion, but especially that one. Humanity's biggest scourge.

If religion was never "invented" then I'm sure people would still be running around killing each other for some bull5hit reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...graphic video

And that, boys-and-girls, is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Four posts have that video in them? Including three asking for it to be deleted?

What planet are you guys on?

Death toll now 12 by the way, two police men and 10 journalists.

Utter criminals, the people behind this. No justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Moses was a fan of stoning.

Most Christians have moved on from the Old Testament... which was pretty brutal -- you don't see Christians going up in arms compared to Muslims who readily hurl death threats at the mere mentioning of their prophet in any way other than "he's perfect and free of criticism".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Jesus, put a warning on that video. Horrific.
    Might wanna put a graphic warning before that mate.
    **** me take that video down
    Allyall wrote: »
    FFS. :mad::mad:
    Put a warning on that video or better yet, delete it.
    FFS you see more graphic shoite in Hollywood movies, toughen up.

Of course it's going to be graphic, a man just lost his life, that is the reality of what happens, deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm trying to work out why the troubles in NI mean that irish people are in no position to critise terrorist acts based on radical islam...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement