Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Need to start looking at our immigration policy and stop the flow of people from Islamic countries.

There's enough here already and they'll try to takeover once they get a chance.

A bit short sighted, there would be a huge Muslim population born and raised in France, I'd imagine it's a lot bigger than the amount of Muslim expats in the country.

Also, some lunatics from a completely different background can get caught up in the Islamist ideology and cause atrocities, ie Lee Rigby's killers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Again

A BILLION people, there is going to be a tiny% who are idiotic enough to do this ****, does not mean you can tar the whole lot of them.

He didn't criticise Muslims, he criticised Islam. There's a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

eviltwin wrote: »
    How does one 'look muslim'?

You don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

We have had to get rid of England and the Roman Catholic Church and now the sons of Allah will be looking to impose their ways and views on us.

When did we get rid of any religion?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Seriously?

Yes please enlighten us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

By being brown, obviously. Best throw anyone tanned into the camps as well, can never be too safe.
    Meglamonia wrote: »
    It's the most backward religion back in their own countries they're uncivilised animals running around with guns shooting what and who they want.

Syria used be ba beautiful country but they've turned it into rubble.
    Every religion has its extremists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

You usually find the newer converts are more mental than the people who were born into it...

This is a serious, serious issue which needs to be addressed though we as Irish should know better than to tar an entire group based on the actions of a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Wolf Club wrote: »
    A bit short sighted, there would be a huge Muslim population born and raised in France, I'd imagine it's a lot bigger than the amount of Muslim expats in the country.

Also, some lunatics from a completely different background can get caught up in the Islamist ideology and cause atrocities, ie Lee Rigby's killers.
    There seems to be far too many getting caught up in the Islamist "ideology" at the moment and something we seriously have to protect ourselves against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Imagine an Irishman or 2 going into Channel 4 HQ and shooting dead 10+ people over their 'famine' show.

I can't imagine it for some reason...

Or planting bombs in pubs and crowded city centres - yeah, could never imagine Irish people doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes please enlighten us

He was being sarcastic. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hipster is a long dress :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Send the buggers all back.

And presumably ban the Muslim religion too so that nobody can ever become one ? Sure what can go wrong there.

I suppose America is lucky Muhammed Ali got pounded about the head a few too many times, (someones) god knows what atrocities he was planning before he forgot his own name.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    You usually find the newer converts are more mental than the people who were born into it...

This is a serious, serious issue which needs to be addressed though we as Irish should know better than to tar an entire group based on the actions of a minority.

Someone is even talking about putting them into camps. I'll contact Hugo boss and see if they'll make us a uniform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

By being brown, obviously. Best throw anyone tanned into the camps as well, can never be too safe.

Every religion has its extremists.

Who said anything about camps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

conorhal wrote: »
    Well fond athiest Nietzsche managed to inspire quite the little (Nazi) party.

No Hitler inspired the Nazi party

Good Godwin attempt though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Beano wrote: »
    can you die from condescension?

Don't think so. You can from AK47 and bombs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

He was being sarcastic. :o

Hard to know these days who is and who is genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Again

A BILLION people, there is going to be a tiny% who are idiotic enough to do this ****, does not mean you can tar the whole lot of them.

I've got numerous Muslim friends, but I can't respect Islam as a religion...

Their Prophet, Muhammad , their "Perfect Muslim" was a blood lusting warmonger that killed, pillaged and raped people throughout his life... and when he died his disciples turned on each other.

The whole religion is a farce, where they basically idolise a violent gang leader... it's exactly the same attitude of intolerance showed by violent criminal gangs.

Oh, and need I mention he had sex with a 9 year old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

****'s sake, the whataboutery is pitiful.
    I don't blame all muslims - I know the vast majority of muslims are not terrorists, and a lot of (probably most) people who suffer under islamic fundamentalism are other muslims, but ffs, people can criticise hardline islam and express concern about it (even though people who condemn all muslims and who trot out "Religion of peace" - zzzzzzzz - deserve all the criticism they get) without nonsense like the following:
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do they not teach Irish history in schools any more ?
    So saying there are a lot of incidents of islamic fundamentalism = not acknowledging the Northern Ireland conflict (as if it's not possible to acknowledge both) and must mean Irish history is not being taught in schools.
    Interesting "logic".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cop car riddled with bullets.

B6vlgRcIYAA62MK.jpg

B6vlgRbIQAAdMVe.jpg

Picture of them starting the attack by shooting, presumably, that car.

Scumbags

Who said anything about camps?

This guy
    You cannot possible compare a loner like Breivik to a world wide campaign of Islamic terror against the western world.

Make no mistake Europe is in a war for it's very soul on one side you have old school Europeans who have always lived here and on the other side you have the insidious evil which is Islam claiming to be a faith of love and peace which every sane human knows is a lie. There will never be peace as long as the Islamic terrorist have free run.

If the west needs to start shoving them all into camps for a few years to see who is a threat and who is not than that route should be seriously looked at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

So yu would put MILLIONS of innocent people in concentration camps? I wonder who had that idea before.

I like being safe in my own country mate. I have worked damn hard to make sure my family and I have the best possible life available to us. Why should we have to live in a state of fear over the views of people who were not born here and want nothing more than to tear down my way of life?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Someone is even talking about putting them into camps. I'll contact Hugo boss and see if they'll make us a uniform.

I seen that post.

Putting people into camps to see who are the bad ones will just result in everyone who goes there turning into "a bad one".

Its not a great idea to be fair.

****'s sake, the whataboutery is pitiful.
    I don't blame all muslims - I know the vast majority of muslims are not terrorists, and a lot of (probably most) people who suffer under islamic fundamentalism are other muslims, but ffs, people can criticise hardline islam and express concern about it (even though people who condemn all muslims and who trot out "Religion of peace" - zzzzzzzz - deserve all the criticism they get) without nonsense like the following:

So saying there are a lot of incidents of islamic fundamentalism = not acknowledging the Northern Ireland conflict (as if it's not possible to acknowledge both) and must mean Irish history is not being taught in schools.
    Interesting "logic".

A lot of comments here don't make that distinction. The problem is when people assume they are all the same and we should throw them into camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

gandalf wrote: »
    I think he is talking about the sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland where ones religion was used as an excuse to kill people as well. Jaysus people in glass houses.

Religion and Extremism are dangerous bedfellows no matter what flavour of religion is involved.

And Christians and their blood reeked history, are the last ones that can throw stones.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I've got numerous Muslim friends, but I can't respect Islam as a religion...

Their Prophet, Muhammad , their "Perfect Muslim" was a blood lusting warmonger that killed, pillaged and raped people throughout his life... and when he died his disciples turned on each other.

The whole religion is a farce, where they basically idolise a violent gang leader...

Oh, and need I mention he had sex with a 9 year old?

And we had the crusades, and priests who had sex with 9 year olds (this we know for sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Why should I respect their beliefs if they don't respect mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Noblong wrote: »
    Ireland has a good record with people from differnt cultures. People have come come here to live and learn and have gone on to gain respect and success if they return to their homelands.

Sure, but then are you saying that modern UK, France, or Germany are not doing as good as Ireland from that perspective.

And none the less, Ireland is becoming a multicultural society and experiencing similar levels of immigration at a much later stage that most of Western Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Obviously it's inane to conflate the action of the lunatics with normal Muslims who live and practice their religion in French - and other - society.

The thorny subject abut how far religious tolerance - or more to the point, state tolerance of virtually separate religious sub societies that are often in conflict with the secular law and mores of the land - is handled in multicultural societies like France and England is one that should and can be discussed without recourse to racism or bigotry.

You can't deny there is a kind of classic 'liberal paralysis', if you like, on the matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement