Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shootings in Paris - Multiple fatalities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Don't even try to pretend that there is equivalence between Christian and Muslim extremists in the 21st century.

He isn't he is just saying that Muslim extremist kills people the whole religion gets blamed. Christian extremist kills people and he is a lone wolf and nothing to do with christianity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

How did these f**ks be allowed into France ? I thin it's time Europe revises the European social charter.

Agree.

No wonder they want to ban the burka and hijab, and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

iDave wrote: »
    Its funny how some people will sometimes say militant atheists are just as bad as militant theists. Wonder how many people will get killed by Dawkins next lecture.

can you die from condescension?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nothing to do with islam.
    Just an incident

Just like the incidents before christmas in France where people drove their cars into crowds.

Always confused individuals, it has nothing to do with islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

What a dark day for the western world when religious zealots try to censor the free press.with brutal force.
    It is time people took their head out of the sand and woke up to this threat.
    Multi-culturalism is a term that is far too broad to corner all sides of this argument - and then using opposition to multi-culturalism to brand people racist.
    When cultures are closely aligned there is no problem with cultural integration however there are cultures who have no intention of any meaningful integration as their culture is antithesis to a lot of our beliefs and inevitably lead to friction and tension. This is the case with hardline Islam - and in my opinion it has absolutely no place in the western world. Now I am waiting for some utter idiot to accuse me of Islamophobia for saying that - the same sort of person who believes in freedom of speech, gay rights, womens right etc. You cannot have one and the other - it just does not work.
    If we stand up as a nation stand up and say we stand for freedom of speech, freedom of expression, of sexual orientation, of choice, of what we want to believe in then where in that equation does any (not just hard line Islam) form of repressive over-bearing religion belong?
    France are paying the price - England too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

When I saw the headline, without reading any further, I immediately knew the perpetrators would turn out to be radical atheists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Bob24 wrote: »
    Ireland is decades behind the rest of Western Europe when it comes to multiculturalism. We just have to look at them to know whatever associated benefits/problems are coming our way.

It is not a question of if but when the people of Ireland are expected to bow down to the prophet of peace and his faith of love and of course if you don't convert your head will be on the chopping block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I strongly believe all this politically correct bullsh!t will bite us in the hole at some stage. Times are changing fast. We need to be alert and wise up.

inforfun wrote: »
    Nothing to do with islam.
    Just an incident

Just like the incidents before christmas in France where people drove their cars into crowds.

Always confused individuals, it has nothing to do with islam.

Of course it's to do with Islam.

You'll have the attackers saying they did this in the name of religion and apparently went in there shouting the prophet will be avenged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

iDave wrote: »
    Its funny how some people will sometimes say militant atheists are just as bad as militant theists. Wonder how many people will get killed by Dawkins next lecture.

What's to stop atheists killing everyone?

We don't get offered a reward for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

jimgoose wrote: »
    "Bad taste", is it? Oh it's in bad taste alright. Lunatics running around capital cities with military kit and not too bothered about what they point it at usually is.

well i was talking about the quote not this atrocity. but you knew that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

conorhal wrote: »
    Well fond athiest Nietzsche managed to inspire quite the little (Nazi) party.

No he didn't and it was inadvertent, Nietzsche actually condemned anti-Semitism and it was his racist sister that manipulated Nietzsche's ideas to fit her warped narrow-minded worldview for Nazi consumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

It is not a question of if but when the people of Ireland are expected to bow down to the prophet of peace and his faith of love and of course if you don't convert your head will be on the chopping block.

Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sickening that they managed to get away and may never face the consequences of what they've done, no doubt they're celebrating "avenging their prophet"

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Do they not teach logic. 3 atrocious logical fallacies. False dilemma, whataboutary and strawman ( if only everybody was a catholic which nobody claimed. That's your argument. )

Assume people here is atheist and you won't be too far off.

that post makes it look like ya got the points - don't get the point

When do we come to the realisation that this is getting out of control?

When they come to Dublin and so something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I expect calm, level headed coverage from Sky News.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Of course it's to do with Islam.

You'll have the attackers saying they did this in the name of religion and apparently went in there shouting the prophet will be avenged.

Did Anders Breivik speak for all Christians? Were you rejoicing when he blew up government buildings and killed all those kids on that island?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I strongly believe all this politically correct bullsh!t will bite us in the hole at some stage. Times are changing fast. We need to be alert and wise up.

Of course it will - but there are so many idiots who dont think so and will shoot you down if you say otehrwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I'm a bit confused as to the timing of the tweet showing the picture of Al-Baghdadi, it's saying it was just tweeted an hour ago? Surely that would not have been long enough to plan such an attack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Again

A BILLION people, there is going to be a tiny% who are idiotic enough to do this ****, does not mean you can tar the whole lot of them.

When did I say all Muslims support this attack and all of the tragically numerous acts of violence committed in the name of Islam worldwide each week? I didn't, they don't.

Motivations for violence shouldn't be ignored to make us all feel better.

However many billion peaceful Muslims there are, adherents to the same faith are being inspired by interpretations of that faith to murder the innocent and defenseless in acts of terrorism on civilian targets on a rate not matched by the followers of any other religious or political cause.

How many more incidents like this need to occur before you'll admit there is a problem with certain interpretations of Islam and their compatibility with Western civilization?

Did Anders Breivik speak for all Christians? Were you rejoicing when he blew up government buildings and killed all those kids on that island?

To me that was an isolated incident.

Everyday there's islamic terrorist attacks its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

BBC confirming now that 11 dead and 10 injured.

DeadHand wrote: »
    When did I say all Muslims support this attack and all of the tragically numerous acts of violence committed in the name of Islam worldwide each week? I didn't, they don't.

Motivations for violence shouldn't be ignored to make us all feel better.

However many billion peaceful Muslims there are, adherents to the same faith are being inspired by interpretations of that faith to murder the innocent and defenseless in acts of terrorism on civilian targets on a rate not matched by the followers of any other religious or political cause.

How many more incidents like this need to occur before you'll admit there is a problem with certain interpretations of Islam and their compatibility with Western civilization?

There are problems with the interpretations of every so called religion by a small % of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I never thought I'd see the day the average boards poster would be more hysterically jingoistic than the average Daily Mail commentator. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And people have a problem with peaceful protests in Germany against islamic extermism, wheres the condemnation from Islamic leaders over this?

The muslim birthrate in western countries compared to native nationals is a scary scary thing and something we need to stop putting our heads in the sand over and face up to, many western countries in 50 years will be under sharia law at the current rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I think you'll find that the Irish are a bit more fcuk off we're not putting up with these **** for 700 years type people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭baldbear

How did these f**ks be allowed into France ? I think it's time Europe revises the European social charter.

Maybe they are French born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Peist2007 wrote: »
    You comparing not eating meat on a Friday with killing a bunch of journalists in a magazine's office?

Good point, no innocent person was ever killed in Ireland because of their religious views.

Evidentially Irish history is indeed not taught in school as confirmed by Peist.
    Big difference, that was a nationalist struggle and little to do with religion.

It had a lot to do with religion, and sectarianism still exists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Wolf Club wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to the timing of the tweet showing the picture of Al-Baghdadi, it's saying it was just tweeted an hour ago? Surely that would not have been long enough to plan such an attack?

Yeah that was posted around the time. Maybe coincidence? Is it a negative tweet from an Islamic point of view?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement