Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And it begins... (bigot brigade anti-SSM leaflets) - ### Mod Warning in 1st Post ###

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

An actual quote from the family christmas dinner.

"I don't mind them marrying but adopting children? No f'ing way!"

From a 30 year old moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Got this in the door this morning. Inevitable but none the less depressing that this nonsense has started already.

I'd love it if they could explain to me a) what sodomy 'sounds' like, seeing as they seem to know what a 'special' sound is it, which begs the question HOW DO THEY KNOW THIS, and b) why they seem to think that 'sodomy' is limited to homosexuals?

FOR THE LOVE OF GODGE - WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

personally - I reckon that piece of filth leaflet warrants action under the incitment to hatred act ...

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1989/en/act/pub/0019/sec0004.html#sec4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Intifada wrote: »
    How does same sex marriage affect the "sounds of sodomy"? I don't know any gays who are "waiting til marriage", they'd rather go out and get their hole a thousand times more than the rest of us.

The rosary brigade are afraid they'll adopt good catholic babies to do it in front of them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

As always with these debates the fixation tends to be on what 2 men get up to. So sodomy is bad but not a word about 2 chicks tribbing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nice spelling on that leaflet...scarament.
    Full colour though, so somebody has plenty dollah to be spending on it - and I'd be farly sure it is dollars behind it. Only the start of it.

Those of us who were around for the so-called abortion referendum know how dirty these faceless types will play. I know who are the ones with the 'beastly obsession with unholy acts'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

spurious wrote: »
    Full colour though, so somebody has plenty dollah to be spending on it - and I'd be farly sure it is dollars behind it. Only the start of it.

Those of us who were around for the so-called abortion referendum know how dirty these faceless types will play. I know who are the ones with the 'beastly obsession with unholy acts'.

I'd reckon it must be this fella doing the leaflets myself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

spurious wrote: »

Probably a naive question but what american group would be funding it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

iDave wrote: »
    As always with these debates the fixation tends to be on what 2 men get up to. So sodomy is bad but not a word about 2 chicks tribbing.

Sodomy is any sexual act for non procreation purposes. Straight people are often sodomising eachother, not just a thing for gay men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Sodomy is any sexual act for non procreation purposes. Straight people are often sodomising eachother, not just a thing for gay men.

I ask this every time somebody spouts on about gay sex being unnatural and therefore wrong - are they also opposed to oral sex on the same basis.

Funnily enough I never get an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The Bible is the one true moral barometer we should use for our children. Especially when faced with the inevitable process of selling them into slavery.
    When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

You may see this as a barbaric practice but these slaves have rights. As stated:
    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Probably a naive question but what american group would be funding it?

Same kind of busybodies that fund iona, youth defense, eirigi etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Who is distributing these leaflets?

My money would be on the IONA Institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My money would be on the IONA Institute.

Careful you don't get sued

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭tigger123

Scumbags.

It also echoes the myth on the connection between homosexuality and paedophilia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

valoren wrote: »
    An actual quote from the family christmas dinner.

"I don't mind them marrying but adopting children? No f'ing way!"

From a 30 year old moron.

We may have been sitting at the same table. I lost my temper with my mother. Being all outwardly liberal and telling your kids that all sexual orientations are equal means jack **** if you refuse to afford same gay people with the rights that you enjoy.

I said no one should be discriminated against for their sexual preference. The counter argument i got was "what about paedophilia?". I tried to explain that paedophilia is not listed by the UN as a valid sexual preference. This was stonewalled and my argument dismissed. Faces around the room that had said nothing nodded silently in agreement. I was in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

And who do you complain to about election literature you find offensive? Any organisation putting this sort of crap through doors should be forced to put (working) contact details on it. I don't see anything identifying who is promoting that tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

VinLieger wrote: »
    Can everyone please remember this referndum is nowhere near a done deal the no voters will mobilise heavily and any sort of apathy on the yes side due to thinking "it cant possibly fail" will simply hand it to the bigots, make sure to vote and make sure everyone you know does as well

This!

I remember getting really angry when my 92 year old widowed grandad hauled his ass out of bed to go and vote in the divorce referendum.
    He obviously would never need a divorce but wanted to protect my generation from a society breakdown that would clearly come from a 'yes' vote.

The point is though that these loons are a powerful lobby and there are a lot of them. So if you care - vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And who do you complain to about election literature you find offensive? Any organisation putting this sort of crap through doors should be forced to put (working) contact details on it. I don't see anything identifying who is promoting that tripe.

If I catch em doing it at my door ill be confronting them with a camera

Look this campaign was always going to get ugly, and it will only get worse all the way up to May. The only way to defeat bigots will be to put your money where your mouth is and vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

VinLieger wrote: »
    If I catch em doing it at my door ill be confronting them with a camera

Exactly what i will be doing and no problem posting it online and naming and shaming the ****ers. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The only way to defeat bigots will be to put your money where your mouth is and vote.
    That's a strange tradition, I just leave my money in my pocket while I'm voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I hope many of those leaflets don't find their way on to the streets or pavements, and get the printers/distributors prosecuted for multiple counts of littering at €150 a go.

That would be just terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Daith

Look this campaign was always going to get ugly, and it will only get worse all the way up to May. The only way to defeat bigots will be to put your money where your mouth is and vote.

This is exactly the tone. Doesn't matter if gay people can adopt already. Doesn't matter if straight couples mightn't have children. Doesn't matter about two girls shagging.

It's about two men, a cock and a bum and won't somebody think of the children.

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's a strange tradition, I just leave my money in my pocket while I'm voting.

Its even handier not to bother with cash and get a Visa debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Where are the posters decrying the use of the word bigot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Got this in the door this morning. Inevitable but none the less depressing that this nonsense has started already.

I'd love it if they could explain to me a) what sodomy 'sounds' like, seeing as they seem to know what a 'special' sound is it, which begs the question HOW DO THEY KNOW THIS, and b) why they seem to think that 'sodomy' is limited to homosexuals?

Foxhound Is there no small print anywhere to identity which Church commissioned it?
    Make no mistake this kind of leaflet with the emotive words AMD pictures will hit home with some households. I hope the LGBT groups are ready with a counter attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where are the posters decrying the use of the word bigot?

Still hugging trees and eating lentil soup, They'll be here soon no doubt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Unfortunately my money is on this not passing. We are an awfully backward nation who,despite what people may claim, are still largely controlled by the church. This effect is wearing off on the younger generation thankfully but that generation generally don't vote. Pensioners and middle age Irish farmers vote in large numbers and these are the exact groups that fear "the sound of sodomy". I hope I'm wrong but come the end of may I reckon we will embarrass ourselves as a nation by revealing how bigoted the country truly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Advertisement