Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And it begins... (bigot brigade anti-SSM leaflets) - ### Mod Warning in 1st Post ###

Options
  • 05-01-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Got this in the door this morning. Inevitable but none the less depressing that this nonsense has started already.

I'd love it if they could explain to me a) what sodomy 'sounds' like, seeing as they seem to know what a 'special' sound is it, which begs the question HOW DO THEY KNOW THIS, and b) why they seem to think that 'sodomy' is limited to homosexuals?

MOD: Folks, two important points:

1) This isn't a thread about the Catholic Church. The leaflet is apparently from a group that claims to be Christian. It is not an official document from any religious denomination. So please make an effort to tell the difference between official and unofficial leaflets.

2) Regardless of the above, if you want to rant about the RCC or want to make accusations about the organisation or any other religious group, this isn't the thread for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gob****es :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

the sounds of sodomy? presumably a squelchy sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Sounds of Sodomy? Wasn't that a Simon & Garfunkel album?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Free toilet paper you lucky prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Who is distributing these leaflets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I hate those shiny pamphlets, rubbish for starting a fire with. I've written more than one strongly worded letter to 123.is to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

Children shouldn't be exposed to heterosexual sex sounds either. Let's keep it equal.

though i dare say if the sounds of sodomy are echoing then perhaps its time you stopped and took a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

That reads like it was written by someone who believes their God is the one true God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Are they conjoined twins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

PEOPLE *sob* THIS IS VERY SERIOUS. I know it says "contact your TD" but I will do better than that. I WILL CONTACT A SENATOR.

Now what is David Norris' e-mail address again?

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I'm as likely to listen to Gary glitter about the welfare of children than I will listen to the RCC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

"They eat da Poo-Poo!!!"

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

"sacrament of marriage"

"undermine God's Word"

Hahahahaha, what planet are they living on?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If gay sex is so icky, they should probably try not to think about their elderly grandparents giving each other head

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

"Good Christians, Christ calls you to action!"

I'd like to see that email.

I would have thought Christians frowned on people talking on behalf of Jesus and putting words in his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

If you want to hear sodomy watch the grapefruit video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Disgusting thing to be putting through people's doors.

Easy to laugh at people with these opinions but Christmas with the family was an eye opener in terms of their views on SSM. Middle Ireland may still not be, amazingly, ready for same sex marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Can everyone please remember this referndum is nowhere near a done deal the no voters will mobilise heavily and any sort of apathy on the yes side due to thinking "it cant possibly fail" will simply hand it to the bigots, make sure to vote and make sure everyone you know does as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

They could have saved a lot of time and money on those leaflets and just stood outside Dail Eireann with a 'God Hates Fags' placard instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The makers of the flyer should get off the fence and tell us what they really think, I found it far too vague and didn't know which way they wanted me to vote at all.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Beano wrote: »

It must be an intrinsically evil noise.

Make sure they're out of the room if you're using a squeezy bottle of ketchup or drop a chicken breast on the floor.

Hearing your hetero parents have sex is totally fine though. It's a fact that straight people ****ing sounds like the opening to Gershwins Rhapsody in Blue.

Akrasia wrote: »
    If gay sex is so icky, they should probably try not to think about their elderly grandparents giving each other head

i'm not sure if it was better to read that before or after my lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Contact your local TD.... If I was a TD and someone contacted me to lobby about it I'd tell them to go fcuk themselves to be honest. Wouldn't care if it would lose a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Beano wrote: »

Usually depends on the position and thrust frequency.

And which Madonna album you happen to have by your bed that day.

Gbear wrote: »

Hearing your hetero parents have sex is totally fine though. It's a fact that straight people ****ing sounds like the opening to Gershwins Rhapsody in Blue.

not if you do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

The child in the leaflet has a face on her like a car alarm - she must have heard some sodomy because she doesn't look like a happy camper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

How does same sex marriage affect the "sounds of sodomy"? I don't know any gays who are "waiting til marriage", they'd rather go out and get their hole a thousand times more than the rest of us.

Advertisement