Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Not wanting to be a pain but any chance R3 draw could go up this evening please and if the round has a stip ;) much appreciated Lord TSC/BH

I'm here to help but unless LTSC says otherwise I think he is handling all such stuff himself this year... but he an accommodating fellow s you'll probably be grand

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

It'll soon be flip a coin time I think........

its gonna be tough to take that championship from around MNGs waist methinks....though its really far too early for such talk, but the Bulldogs & SCSA are a great start and suit MNG imo

• Registered Users Posts: 85,410 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope no one feels I am pressuring them to pick fast (everyone has their 24 hours), apologies if it comes across that way, it is just I would like to see the next round draw and more important whether there is a stip or not and what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

its gonna be tough to take that championship from around MNGs waist methinks....though its really far too early for such talk, but the Bulldogs & SCSA are a great start and suit MNG imo

In fairness MNG's first two picks could be Gillberg & The Godwinns and I'd still have him as favourite :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I never thought I'd land them so I tried not to get excited about it. I think one or two of the lads ahead of me had drafted them in previous years so I had to hope they would look for something different this time. Guess it was my time to land them. Bit like with Stone Cold!

I love after you make your second pick because this is the point in the game where you can feel your roster start to develop a bit of an identity.

Have to say some of the other rosters look very tasty indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas people go with.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope no one feels I am pressuring them to pick fast (everyone has their 24 hours), apologies if it comes across that way, it is just I would like to see the next round draw and more important whether there is a stip or not and what it is

Mrk, Con man & I are all online atm so, you may just get your wish Lady Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Damn took two of my wants in one go Mrk savage picks can't wait to see how you use those two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Phew, was extremely worried I wouldn't get them there! Thank god I did! Love writing for them last year (what little I did write) so it was great to get them! A very ROH feel to my roster so far haha.

Also, beakerjoe was bang on! Wyatt vs Taker that is just a mouth-watering feud!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Hey guessing on me now lads and if so thanks for not picking him :D I really think I had to pick them.

I've PM'd Bounty Hunter

quite a few of my list went quick there, but im happy. Kept the BWA champ in house too :)

pmd Beakerman

quite a few of my list went quick there, but im happy. Kept the BWA champ in house too :)

pmd Beakerman
    Great pick again there BH. Two really good rounds so far

everyone left to pick this rd are all online and on PW right now too, here comes rd 3 folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Patiently waiting my turn.

Was Wyatt and Bo a team before ?

Also god damn you BH i wanted Tanahashi lol , Oh well my 2nd and 3rd choices are still there........for now

yeah they were picked like that last year held the FCW belts together

Cool that is totally something i did not know awesome pick mate

I was delighted when I saw it great to work with

• Advertisement

I actually can't wait to see the stip for the next round and of course the running order of draftees :)

I had an idea for a stip I thought I'd throw in. I'd tentatively call it the Non-Title Round.

As the name suggests, participants would be unable to draft a person that has held any championship in their careers. That would include titles from the indie scene. So even if your intended target only held something small like the West Virginia South-East Regional TV Title they would still be ineligible. :pac:

I thought it might be a nice challenge and get people's thinking caps on. If there's interest I'd suggest it would be best used later in the game. Then again, it might not prove popular with people.

Just an idea. If it's not a goer then no worries.

I had an idea for a stip I thought I'd throw in. I'd tentatively call it the Non-Title Round.

As the name suggests, participants would be unable to draft a person that has held any championship in their careers. That would include titles from the indie scene. So even if your intended target only held something small like the West Virginia South-East Regional TV Title they would still be ineligible. :pac:

I thought it might be a nice challenge and get people's thinking caps on. If there's interest I'd suggest it would be best used later in the game. Then again, it might not prove popular with people.

I'd be worried with that not round. Not because I couldn't find anyone but it would just be crappy characters or wrestlers who would just be jobber fodder to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

LOVE IT !!!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Working on Round 3 details now. Going with another "Fire Sale" themed round, opening things up, rather than limiting them.

Right now, we have two obvious stips later on (Celebs and pre-1970s), one I'm working on right now.

I like the idea MNG, but worry "No titles ever" might be severely limiting; I think most people who participants would want to deal with would have held some **** title somewhere long the way. But would a "No titles in WWE, WCW or ROH" round work later on in the game?

I like how we started a ROH only stip last year , Maybe a TNA type one this year , or how about a round with Wrestlers just from outside North America

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Working on Round 3 details now. Going with another "Fire Sale" themed round, opening things up, rather than limiting them.

Right now, we have two obvious stips later on (Celebs and pre-1970s), one I'm working on right now.

I like the idea MNG, but worry "No titles ever" might be severely limiting; I think most people who participants would want to deal with would have held some **** title somewhere long the way. But would a "No titles in WWE, WCW or ROH" round work later on in the game?

Yes I think that would work quite well. Maybe not too late though, if it's at the end they'd be an afterthought. If it was in the middle you'd likely still have some good names to draft but I think people would be more likely to formulate a position/feud for them with their following picks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like how we started a ROH only stip last year , Maybe a TNA type one this year , or how about a round with Wrestlers just from outside North America

The joys of public discussion like this is people can get very, very close to whats planned :P

Lord TSC wrote:

Yeah the 'no title' notion does seem extremely challenging. I was thinking it would be best suited to between about rd 10-15 but even then it looks bloody tough. :D

It would likely have to be adapted in some way like you suggested. I didn't realise so many wrestlers have held championships, but having looked at a few names the last few minutes it turns out almost all of them have. :pac:

• Advertisement

ahh jaysus, stayed up till almost 3am here to find out in a you can have a champ in a tag team round im no.20 and there is no reverse order...

where is that drawing board!

edit: actually reverse in the next stip round...*desire to kill TSC easing off*

Advertisement