Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Campo, Shaun Michaels is already gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Campo, Shaun Michaels is already gone!

Whaaaaatttttttttt

Yeah, beakerjoe already has him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Yeah, beakerjoe already has him!

I missed that pick...damn it anyway new pick made and more then happy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sooooo Happy my guy didn't get picked happy out !! Pick Made and PM sent , RCW is about to get a lot tougher

• Advertisement

Some great picks there from both Campo and brian, good job lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pick made and PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Great pick aswell dude the heavy hitters are really starting to disappear fast now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I fecking love following the draft! Could never partake though due to time constraints and head would be fit to explode trying to write shows etc.

PS. Would everyone be alright with it if I did a review sort write up after Yer first shows and again after the ppvs? It'll probably go un-noticed but I'd almost feel like I'd taken part then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Lebowskilite drafted my pick and I've to go to work now so just a heads up that I likely won't have my pick up til after 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lebowskilite drafted my pick and I've to go to work now so just a heads up that I likely won't have my pick up til after 5.

Boooo ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I fecking love following the draft! Could never partake though due to time constraints and head would be fit to explode trying to write shows etc.

PS. Would everyone be alright with it if I did a review sort write up after Yer first shows and again after the ppvs? It'll probably go un-noticed but I'd almost feel like I'd taken part then!

I'd love to see this. I constantly wish there was a way to get people not participating involved in the draft as well, so would be thrilled to see someone posting reviews, etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I'm sorry to hear that ABMG, though Jericho is being a dick about it:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9yroQRSYRg_pHRimDch0L4f2zJholV73TRsw4NcuuTsJCa3VP

Ah the worst part of the draft...THE WAITING!.

Spent the day assessing last years picks in work and seeing who is most likely going to be picked and who I can get and Ive got the foundations and structure of my fed in place. Fairly happy with HBK and should be able to get who I want to feud with him. Have a great idea for this feud and where it could go as well as ideas for who to get for my upper mid card feud, though Im not confident of getting my first choices in that yet.

Bold move by TBC and im looking forward to what hes going to do but can easily say I wouldnt be taking a risk like he has. He who dares wins I suppose. Good luck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know who I want. I know who I desperately want because I know I would have so, so much fun writing a feud for them with The Rock. And its someone who might stick round for a while yet, or could go next pick. I just don't know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've already got my storyline mapped out, but if the draft doesn't go my way, well then a hasty rewrite shall be in order.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've already got my storyline mapped out, but if the draft doesn't go my way, well then a hasty rewrite shall be in order.

Last year I just had a loose structure being my first year and it served me well. Its not always about the wrestler or his character but how well you write for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I honestly have no idea who I'm gonna pick next! I have a rough idea of who I'd like to get next but the Draft was just so damn unpredictable last year, and I've a feeling this year will be the same!

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea who I'm gonna pick next! I have a rough idea of who I'd like to get next but the Draft was just so damn unpredictable last year, and I've a feeling this year will be the same!

Its already unpredictable. No way did I see Seth Rollins being picked first or Trish and Lita start off in the first round or anywhere close to it.

No pick is guaranteed. While I think my picks should, in a perfect world, make it to me, its anyones guess who gets picked.

Seeing as this is my 1st time participating in the PW Draft, how exactly does it work after everyone has drafted their roster of 20?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its already unpredictable. No way did I see Seth Rollins being picked first or Trish and Lita start off in the first round or anywhere close to it.

No pick is guaranteed. While I think my picks should, in a perfect world, make it to me, its anyones guess who gets picked.

First Round Pick FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Seeing as this is my 1st time participating in the PW Draft, how exactly does it work after everyone has drafted their roster of 20?

The basic aim is to create a PPV showcasing your roster. We are normally allowed 5 tv shows and a PPV write up. TV shows are usually used to build up feuds that are gonna be in your PPV. Doing 5 tv shows is not mandatory but showing us how you built up your matches that are on your PPV helps us decide who we vote on at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Beware being too rigid in your storylines. You can guarantee that if you need a particular wrestler for a particular storyline he will be taken before you get a chance. A lot of flexibility is needed where if your first choice goes then you can slot in your second third or even your fourth choice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well after everyone has their roster assembled we're then each asked to submit a PPV card detailing who's facing who etc and who wins each match. You book your show basically.

As a further option, usually around Round 10, the Evaluation thread is launched and people can if they wish post some shows and build up their PPV. It's a way to make your eventual PPV seem that bit more special and most people choose to use this option but it's your call if you want to do so. I'd recommend it though.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Pick is up, sorry for the delay. I legit spent the last half hour in work trying to decide between 2.

Pick is up, sorry for the delay. I legit spent the last half hour in work trying to decide between 2.
    Pfft it's not that late really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm sorry to hear that ABMG, though Jericho is being a dick about it:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9yroQRSYRg_pHRimDch0L4f2zJholV73TRsw4NcuuTsJCa3VP

Tell that turncoat I want my title back.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Jester252 wrote: »
    Tell that turncoat I want my title back.

Pish, that's the International Heavyweight Championship you see before you. I can't help it if we all use the same belt maker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Crap was hoping Devitt might last a round or 2..

• Advertisement

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Crap was hoping Devitt might last a round or 2..
    Me too! I was going to pick him in the next round but oh well, will just move down my list!

Advertisement