Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its more in the cases of a 6th person being named, in a ...

    1st - Person X
    2nd - Person Y, Person Z
    3rd - Person A
    4th - Person B
    5th - Person C

    ...manner.


    I dont think you should be giving six people points. 5 should be the limit and just choose. Makes things awkward for yourself.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    I dont think you should be giving six people points. 5 should be the limit and just choose. Makes things awkward for yourself.

    Agreed. If there are ties then knock off the sixth person (unless the tie is for fifth then they get 0.5pts each)


  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right, 12 of the 15 are in.

    I'll get them calculated over today, but with work and the wrestling tonight, it will likely be tomorrow evening that results are announced. If the people who havent voted get it in before this evening, I'll add them in, but once the results are up, that's obviously the end of it :P


    PPV write ups votes in now, sorry if too late, Lord TSC is gonna love me I think I gave everyone a vote yay for ties :p


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Working on vote counting now :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Good luck to everyone, and thanks again Lord TSC.

    Have to say it was a pity that some didnt get their shows up but it was great to see and read the late surge in work being submitted in the last week or so. Some fun feuds and I personally enjoyed reading everything.


    Already looking forward to next year.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    One thing I'm noticing...I thought I had 13 peoples votes in, but I don't; some people spread them out over two messages, which threw off my figures a bit (I thought 11 Pms meant 11 sets of votes).

    I had ten people vote though. I also had one person vote for the Slammies and not for the best Roster/PPV categories :pac:

    It is so incredibly close; I've got two more votes to count up, and there's only 1 point between first and second :eek:


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Can you list who has voted so far? Also, Out of interest,have you voted TSC? I know you didnt submit a show but was wondering are you still able to vote regardless.

    Also I wonder whos out in front ?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Can you list who has voted so far? Also, Out of interest,have you voted TSC? I know you didnt submit a show but was wondering are you still able to vote regardless.

    Also I wonder whos out in front ?

    Me voting was something I was going to ask; what's been the general rules with regards PPVs not getting posted and PPVs? I have my votes down but I can take them out if the rules in the past have been no PPV = no votes; I don't think it affects the top 2 at all.....


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Me voting was something I was going to ask; what's been the general rules with regards PPVs not getting posted and PPVs? I have my votes down but I can take them out if the rules in the past have been no PPV = no votes; I don't think it affects the top 2 at all.....
    I don't remember that being the case last year. A few people didn't do a PPV but still submitted votes so I'd say you are alright!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy


    I'm pretty sure anyone who didn't post their PPV last year was still eligible to vote. Considering the low-ish voting turnout I would definitely be including yours & anyone else's votes.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Same here, vote away!

    You in particular put in work arranging the draft and its smooth running so I say youre more than eligible to vote.

    Im excited. When will voting close?

    Any clear winners in the slammies ?

    God im full of questions ha, sorry.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    I'm going to send a quick message to one person before I announce results; as I said, one person voted for the slammies but not for the PPVs/Roster, which makes me reckon he read enough to make those votes and then possibly deleted his votes before sending or something. Won't name him, but just wanted to check...if it's a genuine mistake, I want to make sure he knows, rather than is left scratching his head when the votes are revealed and his aren't there. :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm going to send a quick message to one person before I announce results; as I said, one person voted for the slammies but not for the PPVs/Roster, which makes me reckon he read enough to make those votes and then possibly deleted his votes before sending or something. Won't name him, but just wanted to check...if it's a genuine mistake, I want to make sure he knows, rather than is left scratching his head when the votes are revealed and his aren't there. :pac:

    That person was me folks, sorry about the hold up, I thought I sent the PPV/Roster vote but it must not have actually sent. Just resent it there :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab


    Best of luck everyone! Really enjoyed this year and it was really hard to decide on the order for everything! Some really top notch stories and I'd love to see how more and more of them would have turned out. Plus this whole thing has made me an even bigger fan of Jessie Ventura :p

    Well done to TSC for running this very smoothly as always!


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Awesome. Guess we have a winner then! Going to finish up the Slammies and then post a topic some time this evening. Thanks all and best of luck.

    I can post a small cryptic spoiler though....

    streak_is_over.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab


    If that means what I think it means, I have figured out who got second place :p


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2


    If that means what I think it means, I have figured out who got second place :p
    I think I can also figure out who won! I had a fair idea who would be 1st and 2nd, just had no idea of order!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14


    Awesome spoiler Lord TSC but Im so dull I'm gonna PM tbc to make sure im picking it up right! :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    F*ck forgot to vote in Slammies is it too late


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    F*ck forgot to vote in Slammies is it too late

    I've got the Slammies post all done up and ready to go, so might be best to say yes if thats ok :/


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've got the Slammies post all done up and ready to go, so might be best to say yes if thats ok :/



    No probs and mega thanks for running it this year


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy


    I won't lie - I'd feel better if I saw some sort of Cena wins lol pic. :pac:


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    The results are up.

    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95032411#post95032411

    I'll post the breakdown of scoring for the Write Ups and Rosters in the next few days. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Jesus that was close,

    Bronze for me again :( buut the 2 above me did awesome work. Surprised I did so well in the roster stakes.

    I personally couldnt choose as I enjoyed both shows in equal messaure.

    Congrats to BH. Deserved it just about overall in my view.


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jesus that was close,

    Bronze for me again :( buut the 2 above me did awesome work. Surprised I did so well in the roster stakes.

    I personally couldnt choose as I enjoyed both shows in equal messaure.

    Congrats to BH. Deserved it just about overall in my view.

    You did a fantastic job this year. If I had finished below you I would have had no complaints. Next year I bet I'll still remember HBK's skinning antics.

    Also want to mention tbc who hit a home run with what he did with an all-female roster. AJ and her camera being a particular highlight of that show.

    I'll say more on other shows maybe in the coming days.

    It's been a lot of fun and December/January suddenly seems a long way away.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    We all set for Draft 2016 in Jan! I think a gentle bump will remind people of the up coming game. Lord TSC is running it ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac


    I've never taken part in this but I must say I enjoyed reading the shows for last year's contest.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man


    I'll be bowing out this year. I've had great fun but I just won't have time with work. I'll read the shows I always enjoy the draft even as a spectator.

    Have a good one!


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    We all set for Draft 2016 in Jan! I think a gentle bump will remind people of the up coming game. Lord TSC is running it ?

    I've heard a rumour that the discussion thread 2016 will be up later tonight


    woulda been later but for the same reason youve bumped this one might as well do it early to get all the info out there like sign up dates etc


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Yay!

    I mean...... Lerts get it on


Advertisement