Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Got my current champ back. Delighted. Pillman is a ton of fun to write and a definite WWE Champion if he'd lived imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I'm fairly torn between my pick, I dunno whether to go "Sport's Entertainment" or "Workrate" hmmmmmmmm.... That's of course if Jester doesn't go for either of em!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm torn too. To go for who I wanted initially or someone I was sure be gone. Again if both are still there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Jaysus, some rosters there already! 4 more picks to go to me! I hope no-one takes who I want!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Jaysus, some rosters there already! 4 more picks to go to me! I hope no-one takes who I want!

I'm straight after you I'm quite nervous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ah spit, There goes the HLA angle i had planned for AJ & Kaitlyn :(:(

I'm straight after you I'm quite nervous
    Me too, each pick has me biting my nails! I actually have a fair idea of the feuds I want so each pick for me is about building them!

On the plus side though the draft seems to be moving quite quickly. All going well we should have round 2 completed by tomorrow which is good pace! I know I am going to be a bit late on round 3 and 4 (Disneyland woo!) but I'll have my pick in way less than 12 hours anyway!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

its late (me doing it not you posting it) but ill copy and paste that list from the last page into the OP of the picks thread, should anyone post up an updated list from now on ill try and do the same.

Eddie was the one I was surprised hadnt gone yet but knew that would change sharpish. Similarily Reigns was obviously the Rollins tag partner I meant like Rollins im surprised he went so early on his own but tbh I had big plans for him last year (but didnt get him) and if he had dropped far enough I may have tried it again this year. Really shows the impact of the shield that all 3 have been taken in the first two (non stip) rounds as singles guys.

Pillman is another gone faster than usual but what can I say I had him in mind to draft this or next round so... good pick man

In fact the more I think about it I kinda wish I didn't get such an early draw in rd1, so many big names last till later in the round at which point it is far easier to work out who you think will be available by the time it comes to the pick to feud with them cos of the reverse order. When I picked Punk I had another 32 picks before I went again. Meanwhile Superpowers have been able to picked together since then.

Really like the idea of Devitt vs Sting and Campo I already think will have multiple big feuds with Perfect, Hall & Eddie starting his roster
    Pick made and PM sent.

At this rate I might have all 5 of my tag picks made by round 5, loads of modern female wrestlers have tagged for more than 3 months so it makes certain choices, like The Chickbusters, really easy.

Also knew you would take AJ (The Chickbusters) although obviously with Punk on my roster she could have been handy. Had an all female roster in mind myself though decided against it, having said that im sure the idea was only stuck in my head because I was on the podcast when he said it first.

It'l be interesting to see if you draft any male valets at the end of the draft.

One of the best things of waiting is the ideas that can form.

Hypothetically if I dont get who I want I now have a plan B with a much lesser marquee name in my head for my feud with HBK. Still debating whether to have heel or face Shawn Michaels though.

I'll be picking in a minute or 2.. still weighing up the best option..

• Advertisement

Pick Made and PM sent.. Went Sports Entertainment..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I had Orton down as my number 2 pick this round. Works well in many ways.

If Spongey picks Vladamir Kozlov in the next round ill eat my hat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If Spongey picks Vladamir Kozlov in the next round ill eat my hat

Kozlov would be a great addition :rolleyes: Someone with his charismatic personality and mic skills would brighten up any roster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Kozlov would be a great addition :rolleyes: Someone with his charismatic personality and mic skills would brighten up any roster :D

But he loved Double Double E :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Pick Made and PM sent.. Went Sports Entertainment..

I think Randy Orton is a great pick. Was really tempted to pick him myself. When motivated Orton is one of the best in the business.

So nervous now! I'm really hopeful MNG doesn't pick who I want most!

Im predicting the next 4 picks til mine based on who the guys have and and if im right, my top 2 guys will be gone. Sad face

Im predicting the next 4 picks til mine based on who the guys have and and if im right, my top 2 guys will be gone. Sad face
    Dunno, think my pick will be a bit surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I've been doing some research on a few women in my hitlist, and I found that two high up on my list that were bitter rivals for almost all their careers, actually tagged together for 3 months in 2002 and again in 2003. Depending on if the next round has a stipulation or not, I'll pull the trigger on this one a lot earlier than I had planned :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sorry. I've a weird feeling I will screw you if the others even give me the chance.

I think i'll have a WWE heavy roster, with some ROH wrestlers thrown in for good measure.

Theres a chance you and MNG pay screw me, ive actually got plan c in place if so. I actually cant believe you wont screw me considering what id do in youre shoes. With MNG being MNG though, ive a sneeky feeling he may pick someone out of leftfield. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It is funny how all the roster once they have taken shape that do have a feel to them.

There is alway one that had shades of ROH or ECW or NJPW. I guess it's hard not to when you always equate certain guys to certain types of Feds.

So who's left to draft their 2nd picks??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'm 2 away. I'm literally biting my nails.

I'm bottom of the list, but completely worth it considering my 1st round pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not wanting to be a pain but any chance R3 draw could go up this evening please and if the round has a stip ;) much appreciated Lord TSC/BH

Think you could've waited til everybody had drafted their 2nd picks :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Not wanting to be a pain but any chance R3 draw could go up this evening please and if the round has a stip ;) much appreciated Lord TSC/BH

I'll, for the most part, do the next round orders when there's three or so to go. Hopefully should be this evening mind, if everything goes at a decent pace.

Advertisement