Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I cannot shift this damned cold, I feel like I have had Polygrip injected up my nose. And then the advice..."did you try X, did you try Y" Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Try the sinus rinse. Even if it doesn't shift the cold, you still end up making hilarious noises when using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I cannot shift this damned cold, I feel like I have had Polygrip injected up my nose. And then the advice..."did you try X, did you try Y" Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

X never works. Unless you're talking about x-worx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TTTAY Part 43 is almost coming to an end, roll on thread 44.

Any bets it won't be 44 - just to annoy us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Lets make a plan to pretend to like it no matter what it is just to TA someone else;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I often wonder what the professional backing singers make of these people, or the trained cello player behind them.

They're often the TALENTED ones on stage too. I'd recommend a documentary called Twenty Feet From Stardom, about those backing singers, etc. very good.
    Tell me about it. I play in an originals band and do the whole gigging and self-financed releases ourselves. It's all part and parcel of being in a band these days.

One time, I was chatting to someone and the topic of my band came up. He said "Have you ever thought of going on X-Factor?". I chuckled, but then realised he was being serious. It kinda struck me at that point that the average music listener thinks that to become big, you have to be a part of one of these reality shows. That's how influential they are. And they don't influence creativity. They are just a measure of how well you can perform another person's music.

I could write an entire fcuking book about how trivially annoying the music industry is when you are trying to play your own music, but I would bore everyone to death before they read the entire thing.

I know that story, I've been in the same boat as well. Bursting out every bit of energy you have to get a song done, give it your all to play a gig to 50 people, then go home and see these talentless bastards cryin on stage for nowt.

Makes me sick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Traffic lights turning yellow to red as you approach them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Traffic lights turning yellow to red as you approach them

You're supposed to expect that. An amber traffic light means "prepare to stop", not "focking floor it, Fintan!" :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    You're supposed to expect that. An amber traffic light means "prepare to stop", not "focking floor it, Fintan!" :pac:

I know but if the car that is at the start of the lights concentrated on when they going green instead of putting on war paint or doing selfies for snap chat at least 4 more cars would get through the lights cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I had a nap because I can't shake the virus I've had since last week. Since I got up I can't stop sneezing. It's driving me nuts. So sneezing is todays trivial annoyance.

• Advertisement

I can wait to see the explanation of "knobjockey".....

Merriam Webster defines "knobjockey" thus:

knobjockey n. : A person who merges onto a motorway or HQDC at 40mph, thinking they're being safe but are actually suddenly presenting themselves as a sort of rolling roadblock for normal ratepayers who were reared on proper food.

Just went to light the fire, as I prefer it to the oil heating come night time, only to discover Mrs S used the last matches on a scented candle last night. 8 miles to the shop for a box of matches? I think not. Ended up lighting a piece of paper from the electric hob, lighting a candle and taking said candle to the sitting room to light a roll of paper from it and then lighting the firelighters.
    Also annoyed that I know there was a handier way of doing it but I can't figure it out.

Also annoyed that I know there was a handier way of doing it but I can't figure it out.

Send the wife to the shop for the matches, that will tell her not to use your last match on scented candles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

How did you manage to do it with the electric hob? Reminds me of the time I almost set fire to the house because I was too lazy to preheat the oven for wedges so just turned on two rings on the glass hob and left the baking tray on it and flames started shooting out of the glass

Almost forgot, double width prams in supermarkets. This morning I was in Dunnes, never fun, but worse this time of year since there's less room in the aisles with all the additional displays in the middle of the aisles. There I was pushing my trolley and smiling through gritted teeth at other shoppers in the same predicament, when I came across a bint with one of those 3 wheeled sporty prams shopping with her mother. Not content to park the thing arseways across the top of the aisle, her mother had to put the trolley next to the pram so nobody else could get up or down the aisle.:mad: I politely(honest), said excuse me and you'd swear by the insulted look on their faces that I'd asked if she knew who the father of the child was.:D

How did you manage to do it with the electric hob? Reminds me of the time I almost set fire to the house because I was too lazy to preheat the oven for wedges so just turned on two rings on the glass hob and left the baking tray on it and flames started shooting out of the glass

I put it to you that you are this decade's Lucy Ricardo! :pac::pac::pac:

Easy. Roll up a piece of newspaper into a taper and touch against a red hot ring. It will ignite for sure! Even with a ceramic hob. It's just simple heat transference. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The "3:00pm slump", I had porridge for breakfast this morning, didn't feel hungry all day, then *bam*, out of nowhere - starving! :confused:

Second TA - mad craving for breakfast rolls lately, and their lack of availability at 3:00pm in the afternoon. Settled for a chicken roll, could definitely have done with a second one to fill the gap properly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

jimgoose wrote: »
    "focking floor it, Fintan!" :pac:

I am getting t-shirts and coasters made with that printed on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Being asked a question just after I have taken some food and then being looked at expectantly as I chew. F.uck off.

• Advertisement

Almost forgot, double width prams in supermarkets. This morning I was in Dunnes, never fun, but worse this time of year since there's less room in the aisles with all the additional displays in the middle of the aisles. There I was pushing my trolley and smiling through gritted teeth at other shoppers in the same predicament, when I came across a bint with one of those 3 wheeled sporty prams shopping with her mother. Not content to park the thing arseways across the top of the aisle, her mother had to put the trolley next to the pram so nobody else could get up or down the aisle.:mad: I politely(honest), said excuse me and you'd swear by the insulted look on their faces that I'd asked if she knew who the father of the child was.:D

There was one of those on the luas this morning, right at the f.ucking door so people had to push past getting on and off. And the looks she was giving people in case they bumped off her precious progney - like, she's on a luas at 08:30 during the week with a buggy that would probably fit the HGV criteria - wtf does she expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just went to light the fire, as I prefer it to the oil heating come night time, only to discover Mrs S used the last matches on a scented candle last night. 8 miles to the shop for a box of matches? I think not. Ended up lighting a piece of paper from the electric hob, lighting a candle and taking said candle to the sitting room to light a roll of paper from it and then lighting the firelighters.

Use the candle to light the firelighter directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My money is on Part D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

My money is on Part D

(IV) is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

You could have used the lighter that is on the mantlepiece, beside the clock, on the left:D

tampopo wrote: »
    (IV) is my guess.

In vitro trivial annoyances?

I won't be there when he opens it (Christmas "party" is next Friday and I have the day off, WOO WOO!) so that's something to be happy about.
    I think I'm just going to go with some cufflinks. Boring but safe.

Most people hate the Kris Kringle thing, at this point companies should just donate the money to a local charity and be done with it. I think people would be happier to donate the cash instead of having to trudge around trying to find a gift for someone that they don't really know and probably don't even like. Everyone's a winner then.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sounds like the same one I have...it is trying to get to my chest... had a coughing fit driving home and had to stop the car..

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sounds like the same one I have...it is trying to get to my chest... had a coughing fit driving home and had to stop the car..

I'd say that infuriated the boy racers behind you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Being asked a question just after I have taken some food and then being looked at expectantly as I chew. F.uck off.

There are two ways at craft fairs and markets to ensure you get a customer.. one is to try to go to the loo and the other is to put food in your mouth.. Never fails!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement