Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Graces7 wrote: »
    There are two ways at craft fairs and markets to ensure you get a customer.. one is to try to go to the loo and the other is to put food in your mouth.. Never fails!

It's the same as making a bus come - light a cigarette!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'd say that infuriated the boy racers behind you! :D

Funny! Thankfully it was high up in the mountains on the loneliest road in the world
    Too straight and boring for the lads..thought I was going to die up there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Almost forgot, double width prams in supermarkets. This morning I was in Dunnes, never fun, but worse this time of year since there's less room in the aisles with all the additional displays in the middle of the aisles. There I was pushing my trolley and smiling through gritted teeth at other shoppers in the same predicament, when I came across a bint with one of those 3 wheeled sporty prams shopping with her mother. Not content to park the thing arseways across the top of the aisle, her mother had to put the trolley next to the pram so nobody else could get up or down the aisle.:mad: I politely(honest), said excuse me and you'd swear by the insulted look on their faces that I'd asked if she knew who the father of the child was.:D
    Either her or her sisters frequent every supermarket aisle in Ireland:mad: Drives me insane!Ignorant muppets..
    Also either a bird got the runs or someone got sick on the side of my car this morn in the carpark...it will be the first thing Mr Colser spots when he gets home...my ears are blocked already:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I was always convinced it was Kris Krindle. Trivially annoyed that I've been spelling it wrong all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

same...thought it was chris cringle or the like?

kris kindle just reminds me of amazon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

danrua01 wrote: »
    same...thought it was chris cringle or the like?

kris kindle just reminds me of amazon

It is Kringle. Santa's American name was Kris Kringle

It is Kringle. Santa's American name was Kris Kringle

Yeah just looked that up, comes from Austria/Germany so makes sense that it has Ks and would be KINDL. But sure there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The REAL Santa is from Turkey............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

danrua01 wrote: »
    Yeah just looked that up, comes from Austria/Germany so makes sense that it has Ks and would be KINDL. But sure there you go.

I think everyone just got so used to the name Kindle since the E readers have been so popular and not many people noticed the difference between Kindle and Kringle.:)

I think everyone just got so used to the name Kindle since the E readers have been so popular and not many people noticed the difference between Kindle and Kringle.:)

Or... it's been a sneaky marketing ploy from Amazon, them f*ckers!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was always convinced it was Kris Krindle. Trivially annoyed that I've been spelling it wrong all this time.

It's both according to wiki. Dont worry

well... kindle, not krindle

Deriving from the Christian tradition, the ritual is known as Secret Santa in the United States and the United Kingdom; as Kris Kringle or Kris Kindle (Christkindl) in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Use the candle to light the firelighter directly?

Fire is already set. Flame has to be applied through the grill of the grate front. I considered disassembling the fire to get a firefighter out and them building around it but the piece of paper seemed easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

get a firefighter out

They don't appreciate being brought out for trivial stuff...

Colser wrote: »
    Either her or her sisters frequent every supermarket aisle in Ireland:mad: Drives me insane!Ignorant muppets..
    Also either a bird got the runs or someone got sick on the side of my car this morn in the carpark...it will be the first thing Mr Colser spots when he gets home...my ears are blocked already:rolleyes::D

Never met one of these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

They don't appreciate being brought out for trivial stuff...

We had to call them before when one of our electric storage heaters spontaneously combusted, sending sparks and flames everywhere. When the fire went out I called back and said they were no longer needed but their policy is once the call is placed they have to follow up. Great fun standing in shorts and vest in the hall as 4 burly guys come in with uniforms and big tools and stuff. Slept sound that night ;)

Colser wrote: »

And it is not raining!

We had to call them before when one of our electric storage heaters spontaneously combusted, sending sparks and flames everywhere. When the fire went out I called back and said they were no longer needed but their policy is once the call is placed they have to follow up. Great fun standing in shorts and vest in the hall as 4 burly guys come in with uniforms and big tools and stuff. Slept sound that night ;)

Thankfully never had to call them as they would never find me up here. The first time I had to call an ambulance they got lost..... heard one say to the other they would have to get the Gardai to guide them and I refrained from telling them that the local Garda was on a three week course at Templemore...had to guide them in on the phone:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Most people hate the Kris Kringle thing, at this point companies should just donate the money to a local charity and be done with it. I think people would be happier to donate the cash instead of having to trudge around trying to find a gift for someone that they don't really know and probably don't even like. Everyone's a winner then.:D

I suggested this last year and was told no "because everybody likes to get a present". Yes, we do, but I would rather get presents from someone who actually wants to get me one, not someone who has been forced to buy me one.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Kris Kindle (Christkindl) in Ireland

That's what we were told in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I'm getting lip fillers for Christmas. I'm going to start off with a 1/2 ml because I have a little mouth. The chatterbox is telling me how I should go for the full ml cause that's what she gets as its "a waste" bothering with anything less. I'm sorry if I don't take advice from a girl with a my little pony tattoo.

Seems a bit judgemental. Sure maybe others wouldn't take advice from folk with body enhancements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Now that's a sight I wouldn't mind seeing!

The burly men not you in shorts and a vest ONW. Just realised how pervy that sounded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

ratmouse wrote: »
    Seems a bit judgemental. Sure maybe others wouldn't take advice from folk with body enhancements.

I'm not going to take advice on what looks ridiculous from someone who's got a my little pony tattooed on herself is all I'm saying.

When someone annoys you to the point, where you want to pull all their f00cking teeth out one by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

The steps on the ha'penny bridge. Too wide to comfortably stride up them coz im a short arse so I end up having to do little steps every now and again which inevitably leads to me nearly breaking my neck..the struggle, its real.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

people who say SANTIE - who da fook is SANTIE?

people who say SANTIE - who da fook is SANTIE?

I think of it more as Santy with a 'y' and not 'ie'!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

seen some leaflets doin da rounds in our estate this week dat SANTIE was coming on Sunday. SANTIE???? Well im not going to see SANTIE.... I WANT SANTA

seen some leaflets doin da rounds in our estate this week dat SANTIE was coming on Sunday. SANTIE???? Well im not going to see SANTIE.... I WANT SANTA

well you are probably a bit long in the tooth for Santie anyway..
    :P

I'm not going to take advice on what looks ridiculous from someone who's got a my little pony tattooed on herself is all I'm saying.

Ok, fair enough. That makes sense!

A TA for me: Staff in department stores (as an e.g) blabbering out loud and in front of customers about how hammered they got the night before and how much they drank and who they "got off with"! I find it very unprofessional, even more so when one of the store manager's is well in the thick of said conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Hop on the bus early morning or after a long day and every second seat has some ignorant ballix either

a) sitting on outside seat with bags parked beside window
    b) window seat with bags taking up outside seat.

If bus is full I have zero problem picking up their **** and dumping it on their lap.
    Not paying two tickets? Grand, you have one seat

End of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Ads on spotify ruining my music buzz..trivial because I know I could solve it by paying, and yet here I sit...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement