Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Certain beauty/fashion bloggers and all the fakery that goes with them from their fake hair/lashes/tan/nails to their fake "everything I review is fantastic and no no, I'm not being sponsored at all" reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One of those beauty bloggers charge 1500 to come to a place and review it!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

People that get overly emotional about celebrities they have never and will never interact with. I had one friend on fb distraught when she heard Hilary Duff and her husband were splitting as she 'Really thought they would make it!'
    Must have gotten that impression from all yours DMC's with her ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ratmouse wrote: »
    Certain beauty/fashion bloggers and all the fakery that goes with them from their fake hair/lashes/tan/nails to their fake "everything I review is fantastic and no no, I'm not being sponsored at all" reviews!

That's pretty much everything now, isn't it? Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I don't believe most reviews..
    :eek:
    "A fool and their money.." comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Really? And no doubt gives a glowing review. Pure fakery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm annoyed by our shower. There's someone coming to replace it next week but at the moment it's like playing Russian roulette with cold water. It keeps going from hot to freezing cold and a sharp shot of icy water to the nether regions is not lady friendly.:eek: I've been washing my hair seperately from taking a shower as you never know when the thermostat will konk out completely.:(

Getting talked into putting up the tree and being a festive ****er this evening. The future MIL is over to help, and she brought wine but even wine isn't cheering me up. I feel like that grumpy cat that was doing the rounds a few years ago.

And Christmas songs that are playing on all the music channels, there's no escaping it.

please let December be over soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ghnjfbduhf

finding pines from the christmas tree in january. i die a little inside every time this happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A TA and slight amusement in one - my forename is one which is often associated with Christmas so invariably at this time of the year several people will say ' oh it must be your birthday soon' or 'were you born around Christmas' and I enjoy saying no my birthday was a couple of months ago.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA today, petrol pump no 4 at local Esso. Put the nozzle into the tank, as you do, and it shot out a burst of petrol all over me , as I proceeded to pump. Through to my feckin underwear. Was so shocked I went silent, and just went in to pay. Had been on my way to the supermarket, and had to go home and get changed, and throw everything, runners and all into the wash. Worst of all I had to do this sneakily, as I promised OH faithfully I would buy petrol in the next town, as he reckons our Esso has dodgy petrol. Smell of petrol up my nose all day :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Waiting for my dealer to call.
    Its been 4hours ffs.

Waiting for my dealer to call.
    Its been 4hours ffs.

Hardship. Dealers these days are clearly not believers of good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stevowhelo1

I'm annoyed by our shower. There's someone coming to replace it next week but at the moment it's like playing Russian roulette with cold water. It keeps going from hot to freezing cold and a sharp shot of icy water to the nether regions is not lady friendly.:eek: I've been washing my hair seperately from taking a shower as you never know when the thermostat will konk out completely.:(

Had the same problem at my gaf, turns out it wasn't the shower head but rather build up of leaves and other things etc in the tank from outside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Hardship. Dealers these days are clearly not believers of good customer service.

For sure.a few classes in night school would go a long way

MUST STOP PIGGING OUT ON JUNK FOOD.:o I don't know what's wrong with me(def not pregnant), but can't leave the junk food alone and I had a good dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

People who open drawers that have underwear/socks in them, and then can't close the drawer properly, leaving bits of underwear/sock poking out.

Are you trying to put me into an early grave?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

MUST STOP PIGGING OUT ON JUNK FOOD.:o I don't know what's wrong with me(def not pregnant), but can't leave the junk food alone and I had a good dinner.

I'm putting it down to the colder weather. Also getting into training for making a total pig of myself at Christmas;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Getting a new phone and having to download all apps again. Also trying to remember passwords connected to some apps is a major pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stevowhelo1

^ first world problems eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The initialism TA

• Advertisement

And the DH DD DS shyte

KKkitty wrote: »
    Getting a new phone and having to download all apps again. Also trying to remember passwords connected to some apps is a major pain.

Loves my iPhone! Think I've had 8 now- don't have that prob

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Given up on the one here. I wash now! Heat water on the range and wash by the firelight as I did six or seven decades ago.. hate showers at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bad mannered drivers...I drove back from Tralee in the dark yesterday after the second craft fair, and from Tralee to Killarney they were grand. That road needs new cats eyes so off main beam was hard. The car behind stayed well back the whole way and made no attempt to overtake. Felt like stopping and thanking him, And I noticed that the cars behind him were similarly good mannered. Safe and well mannered so we all got to drive at a good pace for the conditions.

From Killarney to Sneem a very different matter! I never tailgate anyone and if it is possible I pull in to let folk pass, but there are very few places on that road to do that; narrow winding between a rock face and sheer drop a lot of the way and f they are driving too close you cannot pull in.Only thing to do is slow down. Just dangerous bad driving being so close. No point to it. At least one of the impatient ones was local and turned in home jut after he forced me off the road..Pulled in several times at good place. Never a thank you; lorries always flash a thank you when you pull in for them! The last time I saw a car coming at high speed on a narrow road, lights full on so just signalled and stopped. there was no way he could have stopped. Swept past so fast my car swayed.

Patience and good manners please!

Getting asked for ID in the off licence last night by some Young lad. I was delighted sure. Gave him my ID and he's like "you don't look your age". **** off ya cheeky little pup I'm not that old

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Getting asked for ID in the off licence last night by some Young lad. I was delighted sure. Gave him my ID and he's like "you don't look your age". **** off ya cheeky little pup I'm not that old

You can have one of my blackthorn shticks to shake violently at him while mumbling incoherently. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    You can have one of my blackthorn shticks to shake violently at him while mumbling incoherently. :pac:

When I was your age!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Decided to work from home today, got up got the kids sorted, brought them to creche/school. Arrived back home and was having a celebratory cigarette outside. I noticed a neighbour coming out with his 3 kids and he had a flat tyre.
    Being the gent I am, I offer to chauffeur him and his kids to schools or where ever they are going. I know the dude works nights and just in from work, so the last thing he needs is any hassle in getting his kids to school.
    So brought his kids to school, brought him and his baby home, chit chatting all the way, having some laughs. Nothing wrong at all.

The TA - can't remember his fu*cking name, so I was calling him 'pal', 'buddy', 'chum' etc for the entire journey.

We put the new duvet on the bed last night and I haven't got used to it yet. I'm used to the heavier more reassuring weight of the old one. :(

• Advertisement

We put the new duvet on the bed last night and I haven't got used to it yet. I'm used to the heavier more reassuring weight of the old one. :(

It was freezing last night. We had the electric blanket on for an hour before bed. He's like a human hot water bottle, but despite that, I woke
    Up at about 5 and had to turn the blanket back on again. Baltic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement