Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Anyone know where czechlin went?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

People who insist on calling their pretentious coffee by its pretentious name instead of just a "coffee"

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

People who insist on calling their pretentious coffee by its pretentious name instead of just a "coffee"

'I love to drink my free trade super roasted Nicaraguan denim washed, acid bleached coffee with that light milk taken only from Nepalese mountain goats. It makes me feel so much better about myself than nescafe'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I hate when you bump into someone you'd rather not chat to, finish up the chat and then it turns out they are going the same way as you so the whole torture is prolonged. I bumped into my old boss, did the chit chat, then said I had to run. So do I says he and then it becomes apparent that we are both going the same way and I had to walk across town with him, both of us grasping for anything interesting to talk about. I think we may have stretched a conversation about the weather out to a good 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Announced to a few people in work that I was heading across town to get a few bits and pieces. I got a text on my way over and stopped outside a shop to reply to it. I ended up calling the person and stayed standing outside the shop while we chatted. My natural inclination was to turn and have a look in the shop window. It was a sex shop. Group of colleagues passed by as I was 'window shopping'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Graces7 wrote: »
    A non sequitur,, maybe you would not want others to go through what they did..

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Im failing to.......

This phrase is all too often wrapped up in a thinly disguised self important rant and something of a Boards staple. Maybe I'm failing to appreciate it.....

<..<
    >..>

Coming home from choral practice last night and a male friend decided to do a re-run from the back seat. This morning I texted and told him I was blown away by his performance from the back seat last night. I wondered why he didn't reply, thinking he'd gone all diva.

I've just realised why he didn't reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I called a company that supposedly repairs/replaces showers nationwide. The guy gave me a non committal 'I'll be there Wednesday or Thursday and call you first' appointment. Yeah, asshole it's gone 3 on Thursday afternoon and no word from you, a text is the least ya could have done. Fcuk you, I'll get someone else. Absolutely sh*tty service and anyone thinking of using this so called nationwide company should just think again and find someone else to do it.:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Anyone know where czechlin went?

I'm going to suggest that she put on a pencil skirt that was too tight, fell over and cant get up because of said tightness of skirt. I could be wrong on that, but pretty sure that's what has happened.

I'm at home waiting on a delivery. Between 2 and 6 they tell me. 2 and 6. They narrow their estimation to 4 hours, I only live a couple of kilometres from the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The humblebrag!

And constantly going on about charity work when many of us give our time and money for the sake of it and keep quiet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    meh[/QUOTE

What it meh please? It was a fair idea and what I might have thought myself

meh[/QUOTE

What it meh please? It was a fair idea and what I might have thought myself

It's like a slang dismissive term. It's like the verbal version of shrugging shoulders and turning the mouth downwards. Apologies if it came off as dismissive. You had a good point, I just get annoyed (trivially!) thinking about what my parents and brother went through and then they have boxes shaken in their faces. Don't mind me :)

The humblebrag!

And constantly going on about charity work when many of us give our time and money for the sake of it and keep quiet about it.

Bono syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bono syndrome.

The quote from srameeen.... who is doing exactly what he is criticising others for doing and worse as he is saying he is better than anyone else as he does not do that..double whammy and better than thou attitude. pot kettle black and I like hearing what folk are doing and it encourages others to give and to join...
    wish you hadnt quoted someone on my ignore list!
    scuse typosl in sheer and utter agony here for some reason so heading for th e strongest painkillers in the house.. please dont talk about me when I am gone/// blessings and peace..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

American date formats

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Stheno wrote: »
    American date formats

Date+Format+Comparison.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The quote from srameeen.... who is doing exactly what he is criticising others for doing and worse as he is saying he is better than anyone else as he does not do that..double whammy and better than thou attitude. pot kettle black and I like hearing what folk are doing and it encourages others to give and to join...
    scuse typosl in sheer and utter agony here for some reason so heading for th e strongest painkillers in the house.. please dont talk about me when I am gone/// blessings and peace..

Mind you don't wet the bed again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

...doing exactly what he is criticising others for doing and worse as he is saying he is better than anyone else as he does not do that...

Point taken to an extent but the "us" was not me but rather people in general. Please excuse my imprecision. Such imprecision in others can be a TA to me at times, so mea culpa.
    Oh, and it was not a criticism: just a trivial annoyance, per the thread's raison d'etre.

The chained dog getting out for a run and some cuddles, the cold, hungry dog being brought some leftover stew and a blanket and the dumped pregnant cat who is given refuge to have her babies in a safe, warm place care less for whether the person who reaches out a hand also speaks of such reaching out to others :) So, keep on doing what you're doing because the fur babies are more important than a stranger's ideas that you should keep quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Stheno wrote: »
    American date formats

I just realized that americanizations are the flavor of the month

The thoroughly average "Celtic Woman" and how in love with themselves they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Isn't Twink's daughter Chloe in Celtic Woman ?

Yer one singing looks like the mandatory bint in horror movies that says, "oh my gawd I hear someone screaming in the forest, let's all go take a look" and then gets eviscerated. And the silly yoke beside her prancing around with the violin. Sigh...

MsBubbles wrote: »

Yes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Yes :(

A good argument for zippin up yer mickey:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I find it hard to believe that twink got the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The thoroughly average "Celtic Woman" and how in love with themselves they are.

What's a Celtic Woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The over-use of the term "whsitle-blower". Pops up in every single scandal these days.

Give me "bleedin rah" or the schoolground classic "tell tale tattler" any day of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When people call me my first name, the full version. It feels like I'm about to get spanked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement