Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself, I believe it can work in some conversations, it depends on the context and style. It has to be delivered in a very specific way :)

I love when Colin Farrell does it in the restaurant scene in "In Bruges"

He pauses even though he should just hit the cnut and he repeats "Yes I am talking to you"
    Cracks me up every time!

Really want to watch that now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No one cares about my wet bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Someone just called me on the work phone but there was a bad signal so they were shouting my name and sounding panicked, and as if they had been crying. I automatically thought it was a family member and nearly died of fright thinking about what had happened. Turns out it wasn't a family member. f.uckers :( Put the heart crossways in me. Once I know my fanily are ok I dont care about the rest. I feel a few palpitations now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Graces7 wrote: »

We were embarrassed for you and didn't want to bring it up.
    Incontinent auld bat! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Everyone's trivially annoyed that you're in bed while we're at work.

• Advertisement

I do! Its just the In Bruges scene popped into my head and had to say it...

But it is really awful about the exploding hot water bottle :(:(

Dial Hard wrote: »

She might work nights...in which case Get off boards and go to sleep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People asking for donations to charities I have never heard of....

Oh Yeah,and fcuking mince pies!!

s
    I do! Its just the In Bruges scene popped into my head and had to say it...

But it is really awful about the exploding hot water bottle :(:(

In Bruges?

Thank you! For the kindness... sigh.... Well at least the range lit first time; it would not have dared do else the language I was using.. I keep large stones in the side oven and they make great foot heaters ...

eisenberg1 wrote: »

My cupboard is full of mince pies! YuMM,,!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mam thinks that searching for something on facebook and searching for something on google is the same thing :rolleyes:

Dial Hard wrote: »

If you felt like I do !!! Bed is the only place right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »

"Would you like to support the asthma society?" - um...let's see...My brother grew up with very bad asthma and spent half his childhood in and out of hospital with chest infections. There was nobody to help my parents. So...no. F. off

Don't be too hard on yourself, I believe it can work in some conversations, it depends on the context and style. It has to be delivered in a very specific way :)

I am an Honours English graduate, former teacher and published writer yet I STILL leapt to defend myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

On my letter box I have NO JUNK MAIL, POSTED LETTERS ONLY. not hard to understand but it still gets filled with junk mail. There is one particular Estate Agent that keeps sending me crap looking to sell my house, so I just rang him and told him that I wouldn't get him to sell my house because he Cant ****ing Read! Trivially Annoyed:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When I feel super needy and want cuddles. Always feels like I'm giving someone the upper hand on my emotions, and **** that. I definately need my batteries changed.

"Would you like to support the asthma society?" - um...let's see...My brother grew up with very bad asthma and spent half his childhood in and out of hospital with chest infections. There was nobody to help my parents. So...no. F. off

That pisses me off aswell, I have dealt with chronic asthma and no one has ever helped. I had a fella from the Cancer Society knock yesterday and when I didn't give he asked how would I like to deal with cancer. I went through him because I lost my father to cancer not so long ago and no one helped.

The guy earlier mumbled something like "help the children"...WTF, it might as well "help people without heads" or "Can you give a little something for dozey bastards"

People looking for directions who just make statements, like "Ulster Bank"
    I like to pretend this is a game of who can name the most banks, and will respond with "AIB", now it's your turn again.."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mam thinks that searching for something on facebook and searching for something on google is the same thing :rolleyes:

Mate of mine does something similar, i.e. he gets confused with the status update and search bar. He regularly posts status updates that are the first three letters of his girlfriend's name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Mate of mine does something similar, i.e. he gets confused with the status update and search bar. He regularly posts status updates that are the first three letters of his girlfriend's name :pac:

Does he search for his girlfriend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I HATE that! I am quiet around people I don't know very well and those whom I don't like.

With my friends, classmates, certain co-workers, certain family members, I can be the life and soul of the party.

If I'm quiet around you, it's because I've no

interest in becoming your friend.

Are you me, haha!! I'm the very same, very quiet when I don't know/like someone. Always believe if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all;). Yet once I know you well, I come out of my shell. It was always pointed out how quiet I was as a child, it only made me self conscious. Quieter, too. I have no time for loud mouths whatsoever, a big trivial annoyance of mine. Banging on , just to hear the sound of their own voice.

Zanablue wrote: »
    That pisses me off aswell, I have dealt with chronic asthma and no one has ever helped. I had a fella from the Cancer Society knock yesterday and when I didn't give he asked how would I like to deal with cancer. I went through him because I lost my father to cancer not so long ago and no one helped.

'How would you like to deal with Cancer?'

Cant believe someone would dare say such a thing :(

That is a dirty low down sales tactic if ever I heard one.
    Id be calling he Charity and bolloxing them out of it.

Jake1 wrote: »
    'How would you like to deal with Cancer?'

Cant believe someone would dare say such a thing :(

That is a dirty low down sales tactic if ever I heard one.
    Id be calling he Charity and bolloxing them out of it.

He is not the first one to say something like that. They all get annoyed when you wont give money or information at the door and I don't! Usually I ignore anything they say but he just pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Whenever I'm asked to support The Cancer Society, I always get an evil urge to say, "Well, I donated my Dad, and you nearly got my Mum, and I really don't intend giving anymore".
    That reminds me , we were walking through town years ago, and someone asked us to support something or other, and himself clapped very loudly and cheered. Was mortified!

73Cat wrote: »
    Whenever I'm asked to support The Cancer Society, I always get an evil urge to say, "Well, I donated my Dad, and you nearly got my Mum, and I really don't intend giving anymore".
    That reminds me , we were walking through town years ago, and someone asked us to support something or other, and himself clapped very loudly and cheered. Was mortified!

HaHa that's actually the best way to deal with them, next time one comes to the door for support I think I'll cheer and clap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

DO NOT get me started on the asthma society!!
    I've had asthma since I was a baby, I have so many memories of being in an ambulance when I was younger being rushed to hospital and spending weeks at a time in there.
    I have chronic asthma now and one of my inhalers ranges in price from €75 - €125 depending on where you buy it (Boots are cheapest but they don't always have the specific one I use :( )
    I have contacted the Asthma Society so many times about various different things, mainly the price of medication and it's always the same bull****, contact your local political representative.

They were fundraising in the carpark at Electric Picnic last year and at the extrance to Oxegen a few years ago - big mistake.

HaHa that's actually the best way to deal with them, next time one comes to the door for support I think I'll cheer and clap!

A woman asked me for a lift the other day, I told her hair was lovely.

A non sequitur,, maybe you would not want others to go through what they did..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A non sequitur,, maybe you would not want others to go through what they did..

I think the point is they collect but they don't actually help the sufferers.

• Advertisement

I think the point is they collect but they don't actually help the sufferers.

Ah I see,, same as the other charities then all goes to large salaries. All my money goes to family working overseas as I know where the money goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement