Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

The abruptness of the ads on Spotify!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Going to a gig, the w*****s that walk up in a line, as if they are going to walk past, and then park their asses in the space you have stepped back from to let them pass. Standing less than an inch in front of your face.
    They must get away with it a lot, to try it so systematically.
    I even went to the trouble of moving their friends away from in front of people I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

people who say SANTIE - who da fook is SANTIE?
    ratmouse wrote: »
    I think of it more as Santy with a 'y' and not 'ie'!
    seen some leaflets doin da rounds in our estate this week dat SANTIE was coming on Sunday. SANTIE???? Well im not going to see SANTIE.... I WANT SANTA

We cleared this up last year!

It is SATAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you go somewhere and sit down with something to eat and someone keeps staring you out of it, wtf.

When you go somewhere and sit down with something to eat and someone keeps staring you out of it, wtf.

Thats what happens when you eat your lunch in Clery's window......

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you eat your lunch in Clery's window......

Not even! In a ****ty little coffee shop, with tables piled on top of each other it's so small. Your one opposite me kept staring at me, I kept staring back at her, she'd look away, two minutes later id look up and she's staring again. Good lord. I wish I was brave enough to ask her if she was okay

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Allyall wrote: »
    Going to a gig, the w*****s that walk up in a line, as if they are going to walk past, and then park their asses in the space you have stepped back from to let them pass. Standing less than an inch in front of your face.
    They must get away with it a lot, to try it so systematically.
    I even went to the trouble of moving their friends away from in front of people I don't know.

Special place in hell for people who do that. Guy a foot taller than me tried that at the gig I was at on Thursday night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Trivial annoyance of the morning, the neighbours in this terrace's seeming inability to chop a supply of firewood. Don't get me wrong, if they were elderly or incapacitated I could understand it but they aren't. All of the houses have at least one lad under the age of 40 in them and yet they can't chop a day or two's worth of wood at once. No, they have to feck about chopping one or two pieces like a little girl. Get an axe, swing it a few times, job done. This piddling about with a small girly hatchet and taking about 20 chops to cut up one bit of wood is pathetic and really bloody annoying to listen to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Loyalist protesters marching in Dublin, arriving again next year.

It's actually really hard to chop wood, like trying to hold it with one hand and swing with the other, then you're hitting knots and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Glad to be back working again but God I hate working weekends!

In next Saturday and Sunday as well......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That this thread will probably close before the advertised 10,000 posts, and I wont get the witty 2nd post on the new one.

It's actually really hard to chop wood, like trying to hold it with one hand and swing with the other, then you're hitting knots and all.

Not when you do it properly.:) Doing it properly means taking a good swing at it and is great for burning off stress and calories.

Oh I do take good swings at it. I think I used to scare my dad, he'd stand a safe distance back, and eventually he'd take if off me, and finish the job. I agree it's good stress relief. I used to imagine my blocks were a girl I used to be friends with but she is my arch nemesis now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Not when you do it properly.:) Doing it properly means taking a good swing at it and is great for burning off stress and calories.

As with everything in life there is a trick to it....hit the block in line with the rings not across them...if that makes sense!!!

* still will require a bit of a swing...though would love to get a tractor splitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Cyclists
    The cycling forum
    Cyclists' sense of entitlement
    Cyclists' superiority complexes
    Cyclists' aggression
    Cyclists' arrogance

need I continue?

People acting the fool, all because of Christmas. Getting into a panic

Whosthis wrote: »
    Cyclists
    The cycling forum
    Cyclists' aggression
    Cyclists' arrogance

need I continue?

I saw one (just about) on a dual carriageway the other evening, cycling right on the line of the hard shoulder, dressed head to toe in black, no hi-vis, he did have a sh1tty light though, so therefore, was not cycling illegally. but does qualify as a moron. Imagine, there was a time when we had to be forced to wear seatbelts when driving...how stupid that seems now. But some cyclist still think its ok to go out dressed as Darth Vadar, with a crap little light.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Whosthis wrote: »
    Cyclists
    The cycling forum
    Cyclists' aggression
    Cyclists' arrogance

need I continue?

Generalisations about other road users.

But there facts !!!!

( legs it...)
    :p;)

on'y buzzin' off ye mister

• Advertisement

Seeing so many homeless people and how they're so mean to each other. Yesterday I watched one aggressive asshole threathen some guy sitting on the street wrapped up in a sleeping bag, telling him not to be begging in his area.

This evening on Westmorland street/the quays, a group of junkies surrounded this harmless looking middle aged man, and made him take his shoes off and took whatever he had in his shoe off him. I got a good look at him and he was off his bin, foaming white stuff out of his mouth and all and I felt so bad for him.

The dude sitting across from me having a conversation on his phone but actually you can tell its for the benefit for anyone within earshot.

And then rapunzel sitting in front of him combing her hair like a banshee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Children and feckin Snapchat. Last night I dropped my teenager to a disco, about 8 miles away, in an area I'm not totally familiar with.
    I had a fair idea of where to go,it's all dark back roads. My 21 yr old came along for the spin. I took a couple of wrong turns, but got there eventually. On the way home I got even more lost, ended up on narrow little dirt tracks. The eldest girl starts antagonising me, do I not know where I'm going, bla bla. I'm tired and cranky, and start effing and blinding. Unbeknownst to me , the bibe is making me her Snapchat story titled "Getting lost with Mammy". Sweet Jesus, some days I wonder what I have reared:'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Over priced items just because it's a "craft" fair. OK, one guy had beautifully turned wood items at a reasonable price but everything else was crazy money. A bit of a plank painted as a house nameplate for €35, a varnished pebble with googly eyes €8, plastic beads strung on elastic as a bracelet, poor quality greetings cards, shoddy knitting, some nice jewellery but at exorbitant prices, a couple of nice 10x8 watercolours but at €400 a piece! Either these people has over inflated opinions of their skills or the rest of us underestimate the quality of the work we do ourselves.

Over priced items just because it's a "craft" fair. OK, one guy had beautifully turned wood items at a reasonable price but everything else was crazy money. A bit of a plank painted as a house nameplate for €35, a varnished pebble with googly eyes €8, plastic beads strung on elastic as a bracelet, poor quality greetings cards, shoddy knitting, some nice jewellery but at exorbitant prices, a couple of nice 10x8 watercolours but at €400 a piece! Either these people has over inflated opinions of their skills or the rest of us underestimate the quality of the work we do ourselves.

Reminds me of that Meteor Christmas ad were he asks what's the difference between fire wood and a Yule Log?, then slaps a candle and a sprig of holly on the log and says 20 bucks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Reminds me of that Meteor Christmas ad were he asks what's the difference between fire wood and a Yule Log?, then slaps a candle and a sprig of holly on the log and says 20 bucks.:D

Oh there were some of those there as well. I told the guy I had better in the garage for chopping as kindling. He blushed and shrugged silently. Chancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

seen some leaflets doin da rounds in our estate this week dat SANTIE was coming on Sunday. SANTIE???? Well im not going to see SANTIE.... I WANT SANTA

INteresting anagram of Santa...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Nah, the pedaling bi-cyclists are gowls reet 'nuff like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Not being able to see in the dark.

'' We knit our own yoghurt, its organic, dont ye know, only 9 euros a pot'

• Advertisement

Have had my shoulder strapped up for ages with rock tape, took it of today.

Along with some skin. :eek:

Ouch :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement