Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

When people call me my first name, the full version. It feels like I'm about to get spanked

That be in the trivial things that make me happy thread for me.......just sayin' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

In that case you're just gonna have to suck it up and smile you're way through it, all the while thinking you wish you could have given him an air freshner.:D

I won't be there when he opens it (Christmas "party" is next Friday and I have the day off, WOO WOO!) so that's something to be happy about.
    I think I'm just going to go with some cufflinks. Boring but safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

The superfluous lettering in the recently locked * customers thread's title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

The over-use of the term "whsitle-blower". Pops up in every single scandal these days.

Give me "bleedin rah" or the schoolground classic "tell tale tattler" any day of the week.

Ratting on the teacher - whistleblower

Ratting on your peers - lowlife SNITCH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

whitewave wrote: »
    Someone in my office keeps turning off the radiator cos they're too warm...I'm always first in, and it's freezing in here now cos it's been off all night/ morning

Someone is too warm in an office? It isnt a woman doing it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

people getting into the car and wiping the fogged up window with there hand...dopes...even after I specifically saying to them not to!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

What's a Celtic Woman?

:D

I find it hard to believe that twink got the ride.

He tripped and fell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My puppy's obsession with shoes, he definately took that from
    Me. Every morning I wake up, he has an assortment of shoes in his bed. He doesn't chew them up anymore, but he sleeps with them. It's always my shoes too, never R's.

Now the brat is panned out in my bed and I'm annoyed about it because I'll have to change the sheets again, but the damage is done for now, so I'll leave him there with the electric blanket on for him while I'm in the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Dealing with/ listening to drunk people at this hour of the day....also general public is filled with some complete and utter dopes....how cam grown adults not understand a basic queing system and cause complete confusion!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Dealing with/ listening to drunk people at this hour of the day....also general public is filled with some complete and utter dopes....how cam grown adults not understand a basic queing system and cause complete confusion!!!
    I think they understand queing systems very well but are just too ignorant to wait their turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

School bus driver turning right on to a busy N road with his mobile phone to his ear. Aaaagh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

give him an air freshener. or man perfume. or soap

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

bluewolf wrote: »
    give him an air freshener. or man perfume. or soap

To the bus driver? And have both of his hands out of action?! God!

TA: incompetent colleagues who read the 1st line of emails and ignore the rest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sorry i meant to quote

Originally Posted by 26sdrawkcab View Post
    FOOKING WORK KRIS KINDLE!!
    I have to have a present bought for Mr. Awkward Stinks Out The Office With His Smelly Arse by next Thursday. WTF can I get him? I can't get him a funny taking the mick out of him pressie because the boss would beat me to death with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Brain donors who can't fucking drive in a straight line without crashing into other cars also travelling in a straight line, in the same direction.

Took me over an hour to drive 11km on the M50 northbound this morning :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Brain donors who can't fucking drive in a straight line without crashing into other cars also travelling in a straight line, in the same direction.

Took me over an hour to drive 11km on the M50 northbound this morning :mad:

That was probably something to do with the truck that was on fire this morning :)

Thankfully I was driving Southbound.

But the rubberneckkers were causing a pile up by slowing down to take a look at what was happening on the opposite side.

I get TA'd by rubberneckers.

The way "talent shows" like X factor and BGT "big up" the talent of singers who are just not as good as people make out. The likes of Susan Boyle, Paul Potts etc - yeah they are good. Yeah they are better than most but no they are not f.ucking spectacular - they are mediocre copies of others far more talented that went before them. And then the audience start braying as if they'd never heard classical music before in their little lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The way "talent shows" like X factor and BGT "big up" the talent of singers who are just not as good as people make out. The likes of Susan Boyle, Paul Potts etc - yeah they are good. Yeah they are better than most but no they are not f.ucking spectacular - they are mediocre copies of others far more talented that went before them. And then the audience start braying as if they'd never heard classical music before in their little lives.

I have not heard of the Paul Potts person, any relation to PolPot, the Cambodian dictator?:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have not heard of the Paul Potts person, any relation to PolPot, the Cambodian dictator?:D

as opposed to...

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

eisenberg1 wrote: »

:(

I was just about to say a poor man's Pavarotti.

The only saving grace is that most of 'em are never heard from again :p

The stupid bint who was chewing gum in front of me while whining about something inconsequential. Vile slack jawed imbecile. Should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

The more annoying thing is that they have a bit of a singing talent so they go on this show then other people write their albums for them, for nowt, while there are plenty of talented and hard-working bands about with original stuff. But sure they're not on TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The chained dog getting out for a run and some cuddles, the cold, hungry dog being brought some leftover stew and a blanket and the dumped pregnant cat who is given refuge to have her babies in a safe, warm place care less for whether the person who reaches out a hand also speaks of such reaching out to others :) So, keep on doing what you're doing because the fur babies are more important than a stranger's ideas that you should keep quiet.

Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

collie who will not stop barking and I realise my other dog will have stolen her bone... stealing off a blind dog!have to go and sort this......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who can't follow simple instructions. I wasn't in to work today til 1. I was early, 45 mins early so I ran past the window, waved in at the girls and headed to the coffee shop on the corner for a hot chocolate and a muffin before work. I was just in the que when one of the girls ran in after me, and asked me to come in because someone walked in and instead of actually taking an appointment for when I was due in, they took the walk in and then came looking for me to do it, 45 minutes before I even get to work.

I have never met a bunch of girls as lazy, God forbid they do it themselves, or take an appointment like they're supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

danrua01 wrote: »
    The more annoying thing is that they have a bit of a singing talent so they go on this show then other people write their albums for them, for nowt, while there are plenty of talented and hard-working bands about with original stuff. But sure they're not on TV!

I often wonder what the professional backing singers make of these people, or the trained cello player behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

danrua01 wrote: »

Tell me about it. I play in an originals band and do the whole gigging and self-financed releases ourselves. It's all part and parcel of being in a band these days.

One time, I was chatting to someone and the topic of my band came up. He said "Have you ever thought of going on X-Factor?". I chuckled, but then realised he was being serious. It kinda struck me at that point that the average music listener thinks that to become big, you have to be a part of one of these reality shows. That's how influential they are. And they don't influence creativity. They are just a measure of how well you can perform another person's music.

I could write an entire fcuking book about how trivially annoying the music industry is when you are trying to play your own music, but I would bore everyone to death before they read the entire thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

And honestly, I've never heard a song sung by Susan Boyle or Paul Potts.
    It kinda struck me at that point that the average music listener thinks that to become big, you have to be a part of one of these reality shows.

It's bizarre because out of all the years these various talent shows have been on the tv how many huge stars were actually produced?
    One Direction are huge stars (whether they have talent is another story) but they are the only X Factor contestants I can think of that didn't fade away after the first or second year.
    Granted, I haven't watched the show in 3 or 4 years but you always hear about the winner around Christmas time and then nothing.

I just had a look at the X Factor Wikipedia page. The winners were: Steve Brookstein :confused:, Shayne Ward :confused:, Leona Lewis (I recognise that name but it's a long time since I heard a new song of hers played on the radio), Leon Jackson :confused:, Alexandra Burke (I think I saw her in the paper recently doing pantos), Joe McElderry :confused:, Matt Cardle :confused:, Little Mix (anytime I see photos of them they look like they want to kill each other, and I couldn't tell you any song of theirs) and Sam Bailey :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TTTAY Part 43 is almost coming to an end, roll on thread 44.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement