Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Went to a well known "huckster" store to pick up some blankets for aforementioned dog...ended up buying a duvet! :D

Jesus, I have not heard that word in years...."sure you will get that in any aul hucksters shop":D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There is a rapper called Buck 65, really nice guy, very clever guy also. He decided to make a song that was completely dumbed down but with a 'chart' feel to it. He had no idea it would be so hard to make gibberish. Here is the result:

i'll have to get this on when i get outta work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

If they recommence standing close to me I repeat the manoeuvre - I've never had to do it more than twice.

I really hate those people - do they think they can get the queue to move quicker by standing really close to the person in front of them!

Regarding space invaders.....standing an appropriate distance at an aisle looking at a particular product I may purchase. Cue knobjockey stopping RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME to look at same product.

Irritates me that my cloak of invisibilty operates without my knowledge :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being shunted around a shop. I was looking for a very specific book earlier and the bookshop was heaving. As I wandered along I had to keep moving out of people's way. It was impossible to stop and look without people asking me to move this way and that etc so I wound up just sort of floating around the place and arrived at the undesireable location of true crime :P

You city folk do lead interesting lives! The only shops I go into are Tesco, Dunnes, LIDL and occasionally ALDI and various butchers to beg for bones for the dogs. But see the stress I am missing too!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Regarding space invaders.....standing an appropriate distance at an aisle looking at a particular product I may purchase. Cue knobjockey stopping RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME to look at same product.

Irritates me that my cloak of invisibilty operates without my knowledge :rolleyes:

?????? Another new word!

• Advertisement

I actually think that people do this on purpose. It's as if they think you might be concealing the one good thing in the shop that they might want to buy :(

This reminded me.. I aim to arrive in Dunne's as they fill the REDUCED shelves for fresh food.... Ah great I think and pick up a packet of sausage from the laden trolley by the shelves. And an irate voice pipes up, " THAT I S MY TROLLEY!" The person had taken every last packet off the shelf. her trolley was brimful! Tomorrow I will be LYING IN WAIT!

I can wait to see the explanation of "knobjockey".....

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Now I am annoyed I don't have such a cloak!! :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I can wait to see the explanation of "knobjockey".....

a short person nomally found around riding paddocks in boots and fashioable attire who uses the last bit of butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Gonna have to spend money I don't really have on an outfit that I really don't want to go somewhere that I don't want to go AND I have to try and look like I'm happy about it.:(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

a short person nomally found around riding paddocks in boots and fashioable attire who uses the last bit of butter.

Not at all, tis a gentleman who operates fixtures on rectangular panels seperating one room from another or that to the outside.

*may have meant a differant class of knob jockey in my previous statement. That of the lower class gombeen with male genitals attached to their scalp.

:confused:lol!

Not at all, tis a gentleman who operates fixtures on rectangular panels seperating one room from another or that to the outside.

*may have meant a differant class of knob jockey in my previous statement. That of the lower class gombeen with male genitals attached to their scalp.

You know on cookery programs, where the chef will ask to add this or that to the dish....."pass me a knob of butter please"

Wouldnt you just love to do a "No bother, here is one I prepared earlier, Nigella"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Gonna have to spend money I don't really have on an outfit that I really don't want to go somewhere that I don't want to go AND I have to try and look like I'm happy about it.:(:mad:

Oh God that reminds me, one of the things I hate about this time of year. Having to go to family "parties" just because it's Christmas. Facing into another one now with my textbook, perfect cousins who are all f.ucking size 10 and pretty and are busy marrying and procreating and saving the world. Every year I get p.issed on the chardonnay and dive onto the cheeseboard as they stand around looking perfect, nibling on fruit and drinking only water, with a sensible, handsome 6ft2 hunk on their arm and 2.5 aryan kids hanging out of their legs, one in a sling and one on a boob, while they talk about baby yoga and mortgages. Oh God.....

Thank you all for the company and laughter today. Dratted cold I had last week has decided to move in for another week and I lost the mornng to warding off a migraine.. so an way behind with stock I wanted to make for the weekend.. two craft fairs one after the other with a long drive each day...dingle then tralee

Knitting wee owls and crocheting their eyes! fumble fingered because not welli

T hen the ***** fire refused to light so that ***** me off even more..grrr!!!

I was supposed to shop and bank today but was too sick so have that to do tomorrow and the weekend is rushing towards me at a rate of knots.

Ah well; after the weekend one more market booked and I may fit another small one in before my break until March.... The money is so desperately needed and an honour to be able to do the work

And to be among all of you a space each while

Settling to crochet more eyes as the sky darkens.... cat on my feet and the dogs are fed.....

Have a grand evening... Blessings and peace.,. will potter a wee while yet

Oh God that reminds me, one of the things I hate about this time of year. Having to go to family "parties" just because it's Christmas. Facing into another one now with my textbook, perfect cousins who are all f.ucking size 10 and pretty and are busy marrying and procreating and saving the world. Every year I get p.issed on the chardonnay and dive onto the cheeseboard as they stand around looking perfect, nibling on fruit and drinking only water, with a sensible, handsome 6ft2 hunk on their arm and 2.5 aryan kids hanging out of their legs, one in a sling and one on a boob, while they talk about baby yoga and mortgages. Oh God.....

There are some lovely hermitages you can rent.....

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    You know on cookery programs, where the chef will ask to add this or that to the dish....."pass me a knob of butter please"

Wouldnt you just love to do a "No bother, here is one I prepared earlier, Nigella"

In Scotland they say a KNIFE of butter...

On Christmas Day I will get up and Potter about a bit, play some FIFA then head to the family meal, and as soon as that's over I'm away back home to my own empty house. The OH is complaining that this is a dreadful way to spend the day but the only improvement I could see to that would be to have someone deliver the dinner to me at home and let me chill out.

So why do it? Kick over the traces.. break free... plead insanity!

danrua01 wrote: »
    On Christmas Day I will get up and Potter about a bit, play some FIFA then head to the family meal, and as soon as that's over I'm away back home to my own empty house. The OH is complaining that this is a dreadful way to spend the day but the only improvement I could see to that would be to have someone deliver the dinner to me at home and let me chill out.

Years ago I used to accept invitations to families who thought as I was on my own, it was a nice thing to do and it was in so many ways it was. But it made the loneliness worse when I got home.

Now I stay home and I enjoy that. I am so far out in the country and surrounded by beauty and I will cook a Christmas meal then if i have enough broadband left, watch the Lessons and Carols from Kings.

I would love to be doing something to help others if i had the choice.

Depends if that is what you really want to do of course.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Years ago I used to accept invitations to families who thought as I was on my own, it was a nice thing to do and it was in so many ways it was. But it made the loneliness worse when I got home.

Now I stay home and I enjoy that. I am so far out in the country and surrounded by beauty and I will cook a Christmas meal then if i have enough broadband left, watch the Lessons and Carols from Kings.

I've no problem being around family, but I value time alone.. I'd go insane without it, I just have that reserved nature. Usually it's all good, but I've only Christmas day off, and you know what it's like when you spend your whole day off doing things...It just doesn't feel the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Aglomerado wrote: »
    :D
    I used to have a colleague who would talk with her mouth full. I always told her "I'm sorry, I don't speak biscuit", if she spoke to me.
    In general though I hate the sound of other people eating (especially wet lip smacking sounds) and am paranoid about making noises myself. :pac:

Misphonic eh? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Graces7 wrote: »

Yes, life is too short to spend time with people we dont want, and I often find that the company of animals brings me more peace. I'd like to just have the cats and dogs and share a bottle of wine with the parents. Don't really want to see anyone else. Though I just realised I may be out this year as I've signed up to help out a homeless charity and I am guessing this will be a busy time of year with cold etc. I did not think this through! :P

PS we are in the country too, although we are near the city. Ever notice how beautiful it is on a cold night when everything is still and there are no lights or traffic sounds? I bring herself for peepees before bed and love to stand and take in the heavy, dark night for a moment or too.

Yes, life is too short to spend time with people we dont want, and I often find that the company of animals brings me more peace. I'd like to just have the cats and dogs and share a bottle of wine with the parents. Don't really want to see anyone else. Though I just realised I may be out this year as I've signed up to help out a homeless charity and I am guessing this will be a busy time of year with cold etc. I did not think this through! :P

PS we are in the country too, although we are near the city. Ever notice how beautiful it is on a cold night when everything is still and there are no lights or traffic sounds? I bring herself for peepees before bed and love to stand and take in the heavy, dark night for a moment or too.

We have much in common..Wonderful to help others..I cannot do the active work any more but i can knit...and I am a skilled salesperson as many tell me!

Finished a dozen wee owls, in eyelash and tinsel yarn and they are irresistible,,all colours,..hot pink, deep purple....punk owls!

Remembered the silliest thing I have ever been asked in all my years trading ! "Is your jam gluten free?" I assured the old wan it was and she went on,, but it night be contaminated! NOT IN MY KITCHEN... well Im not very good with sugar either she went on.

Ah well.. over we go to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hate that. "I'm allergic to gluten" no you're not you're just a prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Aglomerado wrote: »
    :D
    I used to have a colleague who would talk with her mouth full. I always told her "I'm sorry, I don't speak biscuit", if she spoke to me.
    In general though I hate the sound of other people eating (especially wet lip smacking sounds) and am paranoid about making noises myself. :pac:

I'd say 80% of my posts in this thread have been about my HATRED of people making mouth noises, eating with their mouth open (washing machine mouths I like to call them).
    Being shunted around a shop. I was looking for a very specific book earlier and the bookshop was heaving. As I wandered along I had to keep moving out of people's way. It was impossible to stop and look without people asking me to move this way and that etc so I wound up just sort of floating around the place and arrived at the undesireable location of true crime :P

This reminded me of City Pharma in Paris. It's a well known pharmacy where tourists go to snap up French brands cheaper.
    When you go in there you walk around with your nose directly to the back of the head of the person in front of you. No personal space, you barely have enough room to move your arm to put something in your basket.

Ha, knobjockey, that's my word :pac:

We live in the country too and the best thing is the smell from the trees around our house. We have giant leylandiis around our house and on a crisp cold day the smell is lovely. Probably what those green car air fresheners are supposed to smell like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Smidge wrote: »
    Misphonic eh? :D

Absolutely! I wish there was something I could take for it other than damaging my eardrums with headphones playing loud music to cover it up! (Not so TA)
    Ha, knobjockey, that's my word :pac:

Such a lovely word.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Someone in my office keeps turning off the radiator cos they're too warm...I'm always first in, and it's freezing in here now cos it's been off all night/ morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Searching all morning for a coat I want to buy and every single site I look on have sold out of my size. Grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Searching all morning for a coat I want to buy and every single site I look on have sold out of my size. Grrr.

There's only one thing for it, chungwan - hit the doughnuts fast and hard, and get a bigger one before Christmas. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement