Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most self entitled thing you've ever seen....

Options
  • 08-06-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I could have posted this in Dumb/Great Facebook status, but I felt it really deserved it's own thread.

"If you haven't received an invitation to mine and Paddy's wedding, I'm sorry but you won't. Unfortunately there are too many people in our lives that are special to us, and not everyone could make the cut. To those of you who still want to share in our special day, we have set up a fund where people can donate to our honeymoon fund *weblink* we really appreciate any donation! cheers."

I **** ye not. To be honest I'm surprised she hasn't invited everyone she knows, and charged for admission. To those of ye interested, I did make the cut and wouldn't even consider them close friends. So AH, what's the most self entitled thing you've ever heard/seen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Idobai wrote: »
    I could have posted this in Dumb/Great Facebook status, but I felt it really deserved it's own thread.

"If you haven't received an invitation to mine and Paddy's wedding, I'm sorry but you won't. Unfortunately there are too many people in our lives that are special to us, and not everyone could make the cut. To those of you who still want to share in our special day, we have set up a fund where people can donate to our honeymoon fund *weblink* we really appreciate any donation! cheers."

I **** ye not. To be honest I'm surprised she hasn't invited everyone she knows, and charged for admission. To those of ye interested, I did make the cut and wouldn't even consider them close friends. So AH, what's the most self entitled thing you've ever heard/seen?

Will you be making a deposit in the -cough - "honeymoon fund"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Be a sport and send them some washed condoms in case they run short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

The recent Aer Lingus cabin crew strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Go and don't bring a gift. It'll balance out one of the poor saps who just send money after not getting an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Poor Paddy putting up with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

That is just so amazingly awful! I'm dazzled!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Raging, i saw one even better and more self-entitled than that on Facebook yesterday and i can't post it because i know it would get back to source! Weddings seem to do something to people, they definitely emphasise the inner cnut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Neck on the pair of them like a jockeys b*llocks! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The time a wheelchair user was left at the bus stop as the lazy cow already onboard Dublin bus refused to fold up her child's buggy.

Drivers have rules to follow and can't have both in the wheelchair space. If something goes wrong and an accident claim goes in it's his job on the line.

It's not uncommon, it's been discussed on Joe Duffy and in commuting forum but I never believed anyone would do it until I saw it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The unions for the highest pay grade civil servants demanding that their salary increases be prioritised.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057196516

Greedy little ****s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Idobai

Unfortunately I'm living abroad at the moment so unless they give me 500 Eur for a ticket home good luck to em!

I'd give the Peter Cook reply when I RSVP'd:

'I'm sorry, but I find I'm watching television that night'.

Or you can post on her facebook page that you will be declining her kind offer to attend her day of worship, and wish her luck in choosing from the sloppy second choices to take your place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Regarding a wedding venue in Carlow.
    Packattack wrote: »
    Nice spot I must say, picturesque. You will need to provide drinks though (unless the guests bring their own, which is allowed with a small é5 corkage pp). You will also need to provide portaloos. There's a local lad who'll drop you to your B&B at é3 pp. Which brings me to my next point - accommodation. There is some availability on campus. Otherwise it is The Step House hotel or else numerous B&B's, all of which are within a mile.

Their staff were fine too. The food was divine in this case, which may have been a catering company, but it was top notch food to me. The bar worked on a "gentleman's agreement", on suggested donation prices for drink provided by bride & groom, which people respected. In cases, you would get inside and "pull your own" if after hours, which again is fine if no one is acting the clown. All of our party were highly respectable, inclusive, dignified and professional people, so we had no worries with people puking, fighting or breaking stuff etc.

Would recommend it if you want something different, and to have your own way, but you'll have to put in the extra mileage in terms of organisation; as opposed to your traditional venues where all those comforts are already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Not sure you could call it self-entitled, but I remember being slightly insulted at the time.

I rang up a friend one friday afternoon to see if he fancied heading somewhere the following day.

"Nah I can't I'm working, sorry about that, I'll try and fit you in next weekend though"

Fit me in? I'm not a dildo, you cheeky fcuk, just say your busy and that'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The time a wheelchair user was left at the bus stop as the lazy cow already onboard Dublin bus refused to fold up her child's buggy.

Drivers have rules to follow and can't have both in the wheelchair space. If something goes wrong and an accident claim goes in it's his job on the line.

It's not uncommon, it's been discussed on Joe Duffy and in commuting forum but I never believed anyone would do it until I saw it myself

Half tongue in cheek (half not)

But the person in the wheelchair was sitting... so... it's not as bad as some person having to stand there and wait for the next bus, right?

I grew up with an Aunt who was born a paraplegic; she could be very me first. Later I worked (and lived on the premises) for a boss that was a paraplegic, who became one after he had an affair with the neighbour's wife, and the neighbour shot him, and my boss' wife, which died. It didn't stop him from messing with other peoples spouses, though, so I can be quite irreverent when it comes to people in wheelchairs.

That aside, I do get very annoyed at people's bad manners on buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

A guest at our wedding sh*t himself. He sh*t all the way up the hotel stairs, in the bridal suite, in 3 bedrooms and all over the corridors. You'd swear all 120 guests took a crap somewhere there was so much of it. My husband drove for a half hour to get him jeans, with another kind boards poster, to buy him a t ahirt , underwear and jeans.

While he was gone we let him shower and clean himself up in the bridal suite.

My husband got back, and the guy moaned that the jeans were too long!!! 'I'm a 32'' leg, Jesus do look like I'm a 34''??'

I almost threw him off the balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

7.45a.m this morning when i rolled over in bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus... that's so brazen you'd almost have to respect them for it...

...almost

mfceiling wrote: »

7.45a.m this morning when i rolled over in bed...

kitty? My kitty cat thinks he's the boss. I meow back at him when he gets on my nerves. :mad: Self entitled little b*stard but I loves him.

mauzo! wrote: »
    A guest at our wedding sh*t himself. He sh*t all the way up the hotel stairs, in the bridal suite, in 3 bedrooms and all over the corridors. You'd swear all 120 guests took a crap somewhere there was so much of it. My husband drove for a half hour to get him jeans, with another kind boards poster, to buy him a t ahirt , underwear and jeans.

My husband got back, and the guy moaned that the jeans were too long!!! 'I'm a 32'' leg, Jesus do look like I'm a 34''??'

Dear god.

You poor thing :( What an awful thing for someone to do to you on your wedding day.

I hope he realises the magnitude of what he did, you can never have that day back. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Genuinely speechless at the OP and this, in your case I'd have asked him to leave or left returned the jeans and came back with nappies. Can't believe he was willing to even hang around after his accident,the mortification would have been too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

A guest at our wedding sh*t himself. He sh*t all the way up the hotel stairs, in the bridal suite, in 3 bedrooms and all over the corridors. You'd swear all 120 guests took a crap somewhere there was so much of it.

How did 1 person manage to cover that much ground?
    Was he Taylor Swifting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

A guest at our wedding sh*t himself. He sh*t all the way up the hotel stairs, in the bridal suite, in 3 bedrooms and all over the corridors. You'd swear all 120 guests took a crap somewhere there was so much of it.

Sorry that it happened at your wedding but for some strange reason this guy wins my admiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

mikemac1 wrote: »

I see it all the time on my route, usually between two buggy users tho!

Also, every day at work I see the most self-entitled idiots ever to walk the earth. See Cries of Retail for further details... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What a legend!

Seriously though, it needs to be adult nappies from here on in.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    What a legend!

Quit sh*t stirring, a legend me ars*!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

razorblunt wrote: »
    Genuinely speechless at the OP and this, in your case I'd have asked him to leave or left returned the jeans and came back with nappies. Can't believe he was willing to even hang around after his accident,the mortification would have been too much.

He strolled into the bar the next day and sat down drinking with everyone. We sat outside someone's room with our close friends in disbelief.

There was 40 minimum. All our guests were gagging, running through the hotel holding their nose, how one man did it I don't know. It was 2 weeks ago and people are still talking about it.

I think he must have saved it up since we got engaged!! The attitude though, after all we did for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The Brown Wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

You want self entitled! I'll show you self entitled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

sabat wrote: »
    The Brown Wedding
    "It's a... nice day to... SHART AGAINNNNNN!"

Advertisement