Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most self entitled thing you've ever seen....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

woodoo wrote: »
    Did he tell you or did you find the reek rising?
    Reek. Friends were there too and said they agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Magaggie wrote: »

Oh gawd! Awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

How do you know it wasn't just a really bad fart? You seem to know from past experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Idobai wrote: »
    I could have posted this in Dumb/Great Facebook status, but I felt it really deserved it's own thread.

"If you haven't received an invitation to mine and Paddy's wedding, I'm sorry but you won't. Unfortunately there are too many people in our lives that are special to us, and not everyone could make the cut. To those of you who still want to share in our special day, we have set up a fund where people can donate to our honeymoon fund *weblink* we really appreciate any donation! cheers."

I **** ye not. To be honest I'm surprised she hasn't invited everyone she knows, and charged for admission. To those of ye interested, I did make the cut and wouldn't even consider them close friends. So AH, what's the most self entitled thing you've ever heard/seen?

Dumbfounded.

I bought a ticket ( i paid for it and got it I mean not her paying me back) for a friend to go to a Madonna concert. She was broke and couldn't afford it. We were supposed to meet in town so I could give it to her a few days before. Twenty mins after I got there she texted me to say , I am really tired can you just drop it over.

I did I went over to hers from town and dropped it over. She opened the door and took the ticket and then sort of looked at me as if to say ...what are you waiting for. She then said 'ok well bye' and I walked away, she closed the door. She didn't invite me in for a drink or anything just took the ticket and bye after me going over to give it to her.

On the way home she texted me to say it wasn't the greatest ticket seat and I should have asked her advice on what seats to try and get. ( Of courses she wanted dearer ones).

I went to the concert separately.

After a Uni degree I did a year long course in Drama. One girl there NEVER paid for her own lunch...someone else always did me or another girl ..you would start off thinking okay I am not doing this again. But then you would feel sorry for her as she was sitting there beside you. Her boyfriend bought her a car and she gave out when it got a crack in the window and he said she should pay the 150 euro to have it repaired herself. She ended up getting her mom to pay it. I don't think she ever actually paid for her own petrol either. She was the snidest snobbiest bitch. She would browse in shops on the lunch break and look down on the staff. I worked part time to have a bit of money , we all did and she would look down on the type of jobs we did.

She bitched about her mother and boyfriend constantly. Although I met the boyfriend...he was actually awful too.

This does not compare to the wedding one.

Sorry about that Mauzo. You and your husband have the patience of Mr and Mrs Jobe.

I hope he apologized and made up for it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Lou.m wrote: »
    Dumbfounded.

I bought a ticket ( i paid for it and got it I mean not her paying me back) for a friend to go to a Madonna concert. She was broke and couldn't afford it. We were supposed to meet in town so I could give it to her a few days before. Twenty mins after I got there she texted me to say , I am really tired can you just drop it over.

I did I went over to hers from town and dropped it over. She opened the door and took the ticket and then sort of looked at me as if to say ...what are you waiting for. She then said 'ok well bye' and I walked away, she closed the door. She didn't invite me in for a drink or anything just took the ticket and bye after me going over to give it to her.

On the way home she texted me to say it wasn't the greatest ticket seat and I should have asked her advice on what seats to try and get. ( Of courses she wanted dearer ones).

I went to the concert separately.

After a Uni degree I did a year long course in Drama. One girl there NEVER paid for her own lunch...someone else always did me or another girl ..you would start off thinking okay I am not doing this again. But then you would feel sorry for her as she was sitting there beside you. Her boyfriend bought her a car and she gave out when it got a crack in the window and he said she should pay the 150 euro to have it repaired herself. She ended up getting her mom to pay it. I don't think she ever actually paid for her own petrol either. She was the snidest snobbiest bitch. She would browse in shops on the lunch break and look down on the staff. I worked part time to have a bit of money , we all did and she would look down on the type of jobs we did.

She bitched about her mother and boyfriend constantly. Although I met the boyfriend...he was actually awful too.

This does not compare to the wedding one.

Sorry about that Mauzo. You and your husband have the patience of Mr and Mrs Jobe.

I hope he apologized and made up for it at some point.

And you've been friends with this girl for how long???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

How do you know it wasn't just a really bad fart?
    It was confirmed all right by someone in the know. Poor guy, shur I never saw him again though and it was a pub I doubt I'll ever be in again (twas in the wilds somewhere a bunch of us were visiting one weekend) and he was wasted so hopefully doesn't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

maguic24 wrote: »
    Not in public, never! I remember once having a bad case of the 24 hour vomiting bug, it was coming out both ends and there was no stopping it! :(

Although, I was in my own house and cleaned up my own sh*t.

There goes all my potential sexy PM's....:pac:

I wouldn't be so sure of that... ;)

A guy once sh-t himself when chatting me up. :cool:

(I have to treat it as a complimentary experience. :()

Maybe he was intimidated by your stunning looks, and you scared the sh!t out of him?

Yes, that was it, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure of that... ;)

Oh you. ;)

And you've been friends with this girl for how long???

Not friends with either of them now. I would love to say I stopped being friends right after ...but no.

I learnt though ...only give to people who care about you and value you.

I have so many more stories...I used to be a soft touch... I learnt to leave headwrecks alone.

I think I had a martyr complex.

It's better to have a smaller group of friends who value you .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This is now the definitive "Shitting Yourself" thread

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Candie wrote: »
    No we have not ALL crapped ourselves. :(

I got close laughing at the original story.

(sorry Mauzo!)

kowloon wrote: »
    I got close laughing at the original story.

(sorry Mauzo!)

Hilarious and ghastly in equal measure.

Awful thing though, imagine waking up to that the day after your wedding.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The time a wheelchair user was left at the bus stop as the lazy cow already onboard Dublin bus refused to fold up her child's buggy.

Drivers have rules to follow and can't have both in the wheelchair space. If something goes wrong and an accident claim goes in it's his job on the line.

It's not uncommon, it's been discussed on Joe Duffy and in commuting forum but I never believed anyone would do it until I saw it myself

I saw exactly the same thing happen about a month ago

I'd say hotel staff have seen a lot of self entitlement. I used to clean offices and houses part time in college ...gives you an insight.

Self-entitlement is now code for sh!t.

Originally Posted by mikemac1 View Post
    The time a wheelchair user was left at the bus stop as the lazy cow already onboard Dublin bus refused to fold up her child's buggy.

Drivers have rules to follow and can't have both in the wheelchair space. If something goes wrong and an accident claim goes in it's his job on the line.

It's not uncommon, it's been discussed on Joe Duffy and in commuting forum but I never believed anyone would do it until I saw it myself

Wow ..that's awful. Really thats awful....I feel sad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

mauzo! wrote: »
    Nobody knows. He destroyed our bridal suite, my husband was on his hands and knees scrubbing it off the carpet at 6am. I woke up and almost vomited when he told me what it was. I thought that was it, not the worst thing ever. Then saw it on the stairs, the whole way down and at least 10 big logs at the bottom.

One of the groomsmen had to clean it off his floor, his toilet looked like it had been smeared with it, inside and out. The floors had poo footprints on them.

I can't fathom how he did it. My husband said he must have 'Shawshanked' it and just shook it out his trouser leg.

One boardsie stood in it :o

Was it Whoopsadaisydoodles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hilarious and ghastly in equal measure.

Awful thing though, imagine waking up to that the day after your wedding.:(

Hotel heating is usually cranked up too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

"If you haven't received an invitation to mine and Paddy's wedding, I'm sorry but you won't. Unfortunately there are too many people in our lives that are special to us, and not everyone could make the cut. To those of you who still want to share in our special day, we have set up a fund where people can donate to our honeymoon fund *weblink* we really appreciate any donation! cheers."

**** those idiots.Unfriend them immediately.

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    Hotel heating is usually cranked up too :eek:

Now I feel queasy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Now I feel queasy! :(

Only now? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Self-entitlement is now code for sh!t.

Indeed.

I think I've just self-entitled myself.

Durrrty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

I could have posted this in Dumb/Great Facebook status, but I felt it really deserved it's own thread.

I **** ye not. To be honest I'm surprised she hasn't invited everyone she knows, and charged for admission. To those of ye interested, I did make the cut and wouldn't even consider them close friends. So AH, what's the most self entitled thing you've ever heard/seen?

Send on the link. I feel the need to donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Paddy really needs to run and quick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sorry, I'm still trying to get my head around the hotel crapper.

Was he sick? By the descriptions of the sheer volume of crap he must have had a virus or something? How could one person leave so much excrement over such a wide area? Why didnt he just stop at a toilet and stay there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

You mean to say you've never sharted?

Nope. And I had a bowel disease that softened my poo for a while and even then I never sharted.

I wouldn't imagine it's all that commonplace. Is it? IS IT? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

keano_afc wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm still trying to get my head around the hotel crapper.

Was he sick? By the descriptions of the sheer volume of crap he must have had a virus or something? How could one person leave so much excrement over such a wide area? Why didnt he just stop at a toilet and stay there?

And how was he able to get into other people's rooms? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Oh God Mauzo, thats horrendous.
    Why was he running around the place while his bowels were evacuating?
    Why didn't someone lock him in a jacks???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Tarzana wrote: »
    And how was he able to get into other people's rooms? :confused:

I imagine other guests carried the "self-entitlement" into their rooms unknowingly on their shoes perhaps ?

Advertisement