Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most self entitled thing you've ever seen....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Recently spent over 24 hours lying in an A&E waiting for a bed........the sh1t I overheard there was often sad, sometimes funny, and occasionally bloodboilingly infuriating......

One skanger had an argument with a doctor over whether he had an ulcer or not - the doctor told him he hadn't, the doctor's mate (also a doctor) told him he hadn't and yer man wouldn't leave until the consultant saw him. While waiting for all these consults, he kept asking the nurses for a cup of tea and complained loudly when he couldn't get one - even though he was told he could take himself to the coffee shop for one.

Another, was taken into the minor injuries assessment unit, assessed and blood taken for tests, then refused point blank to go back to the waiting area because he wanted to lie down! Nurses and a doctor repeatedly asked him to leave and he refused, saying the chairs were too uncomfortable. Unfortunately they were not allowed to use security to physically remove him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Mrs Geeky and I went to Electric Picnic for the first time last year. Though they don't quite compare to the wedding ones, we heard a few choice lines that made us despair of the younger generation.

The peach for me was one drunk girl talking to another. "Why couldn't they, like, level the field? It's a bit hard to walk around when you're in heels and have had a few drinks."

This one wanted an entire farm to be destroyed so that she could get pissed and totter around in heels (!) without risking injury. I was stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

nice_very wrote: »
    this would be so epic if the wedding sh1tter was the flutt

I was hoping that it was a well-known poster who did the deed.

geeky wrote: »

The peach for me was one drunk girl talking to another. "Why couldn't they, like, level the field? It's a bit hard to walk around when you're in heels and have had a few drinks."

This one wanted an entire farm to be destroyed so that she could get pissed and totter around in heels (!) without risking injury. I was stunned.

I play cricket with the landowner so I'll pass on this suggestion to him the next time I see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Have a lady that comes into where I work that regularly complains about the location of our toilets and asks can we not move them as they're too close to where she likes to sit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I was working in an African prison and got a severe case of travellers diarrhoea and heat stroke. I ended up having to run into the prison/showers with loads of naked Kenyans and expunging from both ends in front of them. The last thing they expected was a white man to run into the showers strip off and do an exorcist impression :(

Methinks that you were safe from the soap being dropped anywhere near you ..

great story …image in the head isn't so good though ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

:)
    tritium wrote: »
    You want self entitled! I'll show you self entitled!

"I never took money from anyone to do a political favour as far as planning is concerned."

Oh that's alright then. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

"I never took money from anyone to do a political favour as far as planning is concerned."

That money was only resting in my account!:mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

This is conjecture on my part but I feel that the details of the wedding poop fiasco must have been exaggerated somewhat, finding it hard to believe one man could produce such a volume of poop.

There was over a dozen boards posters there, no exaggeration on the pooping.

He was let into the rooms because it was basically a free for all with rooms. He got into the bridal suite because my husband let him in, he told him his room was full. Which it probably was.

I don't think it was a bug, they were solid....sorry for that image!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

When I was (very obviously) pregnant, I had an appointment in Holles St. I arrived and went to register, and a couple came in just behind me. The woman queued behind me at the desk, while her husband went ahead and sat down.

There were only three seats left (all beside each other), so he sat on the middle one and plonked his bags and jacket on one of the others.

I finished up at the desk, and went to sit on the free seat on the other side of him (assuming he was using his stuff to 'save' the seat for his wife.) Instead, I got "Sorry, that seat's taken, my wife is sitting there."

I then asked him to move his stuff from the other seat so I could sit down, and he did, but with much huffing and puffing and dirty looks.

OK you could say I'm the one with a sense of self-entitlement here ... but, no, I don't think so! I usually wouldn't have expected anyone to give up their seat for me just because I was pregnant, but this was in a maternity hospital, and anyways I'm not going to be left standing anywhere (pregnant or not) because someone's bags need a seat of their own!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

His predictions about Beverlys political career were slightly off as well.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Posted this in the stinge thread (Mark 1) last year but it's apt for here too. One of numerous examples from this family...we don't see them so much anymore...
    We live overseas and one year had no family coming over for Christmas nor were we going home so we invited another family in the same boat over for Christmas dinner. Now we knew they were broke so we said just cover the spuds and a vegetable dish.

I like to make a bit of effort for Christmas so I'd made starters, massive free range turkey and ham, all the trimmings (stuffing, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, crispy bacon), honey carrots (even tho they were supposed to be doing veg but they're my son's favourite) sherry trifle for the adults, gingerbread house for the kids. We also provided a bottle of champagne, numerous bottles of nice sparkling wine, and cracked into a case of wine we had got as a wedding present, had single malt whiskey and baileys for after.

I invited them for 12 to eat at 1. They arrived at 2pm when the food was going cold and I had had to put the baby to bed after feeding him from pickings, with about ten uncooked new potatoes (for 8 people) a bag of salad, a bottle of the cheapest wine and a (small) packet of pretzels. Further delay while the potatoes were cooked. Turns out they had been up half the night doing acid and were barely able to string a sentence together. They got stuck into our booze while I fetched and carried. In fairness they did the washing up (most of which I'd done while waiting for them to arrive) but then parked their arses and got stocious while their kids were entertained. My OH was raging- he loves his spuds- I went without to give him my share. Then when they were going we hadn't opened the bottle they brought so they asked if they could take it back!! Tbh I didn't want it since we were coming down with nice booze but it was the principal!! Could not believe the cheek. The funny thing is that they do this to a different family every year so they never have to make the effort themselves. They will not be invited again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Magaggie wrote: »
    Never experienced the... "simultaneous" phenomenon when sick with a stomach bug/food poisoning. Separate stages only, thankfully.

Both together though - how utterly miserable. And how the **** do people manage the logistics of it?! :eek:
    I have, in the past, been very, very glad that my sink is beside my toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It's fairly obvious what the couple in the OP did. They invited everyone as usual but sent out the FB comment to make the invitees feel more 'special'. Thankfully it will backfire as they've directly insulted anyone they didn't invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    Posted this in the stinge thread (Mark 1) last year but it's apt for here too. One of numerous examples from this family...we don't see them so much anymore...

Wait... 10 spuds for 8 people on Xmas day?!?!?!?! There would be BLOOD if that happened with my family

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I mean we've all crapped ourselves
    That's you off the guest list for a start. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

mauzo! wrote: »
    There was over a dozen boards posters there, no exaggeration on the pooping.

He was let into the rooms because it was basically a free for all with rooms. He got into the bridal suite because my husband let him in, he told him his room was full. Which it probably was.

I don't think it was a bug, they were solid....sorry for that image!

You see this is what I don't understand. I had visions of a drunken, mentally unstable and and socially inept numpty who just went flailing around the wedding venue like a incontinent whirling dervish simply spraying the walls, wedding guests, priest, rooms, stairs and himself with explosive diarrhea.

Expelling a number of large logs over a period of time would take time and effort and logistically would require the removal of one's pants, squatting, the voluntary contraction of one's sphincter and bare-faced (bum) cheek(s).

How on earth could he just deposit big steaming logs of solid poo around the place? Is he a foundling? Was he brought up by wild animals? Or has he been institutionalized all his life and allowed out for the day?

We need more details Mauzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I think he may be the true identity of the superhero Doodieman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Tbh, I'm really pissed off with Mauzo's pooing guest. Idiot. I'm also knackered and cranky today so I'm probably a little more annoyed with him than I should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Tbh, I'm really pissed off with Mauzo's pooing guest. Idiot. I'm also knackered and cranky today so I'm probably a little more annoyed with him than I should be.

Did he leave his business card in your room as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I remember getting a wedding invite from a cousin once which had "Wedding gifts available from Brown Thomas" printed at the bottom of it. All that was missing were the words "hint hint" in brackets beside it. I didn't bother getting them a gift after that, the cheek of 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

When I was (very obviously) pregnant, I had an appointment in Holles St. I arrived and went to register, and a couple came in just behind me. The woman queued behind me at the desk, while her husband went ahead and sat down.

There were only three seats left (all beside each other), so he sat on the middle one and plonked his bags and jacket on one of the others.

I finished up at the desk, and went to sit on the free seat on the other side of him (assuming he was using his stuff to 'save' the seat for his wife.) Instead, I got "Sorry, that seat's taken, my wife is sitting there."

I then asked him to move his stuff from the other seat so I could sit down, and he did, but with much huffing and puffing and dirty looks.

OK you could say I'm the one with a sense of self-entitlement here ... but, no, I don't think so! I usually wouldn't have expected anyone to give up their seat for me just because I was pregnant, but this was in a maternity hospital, and anyways I'm not going to be left standing anywhere (pregnant or not) because someone's bags need a seat of their own!

When I was in Holles St with my wife, this would happen all the time in that back room.

In my experience, the nurses don't allow it at all. If (when) all the seats are filled, men are turfed out to stand at the back of the room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Enter 12 page thread about self-entitlement

11 pages are about people shítting themselves

:confused: Leave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I remember getting a wedding invite from a cousin once which had "Wedding gifts available from Brown Thomas" printed at the bottom of it. All that was missing were the words "hint hint" in brackets beside it. I didn't bother getting them a gift after that, the cheek of 'em

Mauzo's guest just went to "Brown". But yeah, fuk off with your posh present list. Gimps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Would be very tempting to say thanks very much, I will have the...pretend you thought wedding gifts available meant it was something being given to the guests ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

mauzo! wrote: »
    Nobody knows. He destroyed our bridal suite, my husband was on his hands and knees scrubbing it off the carpet at 6am. I woke up and almost vomited when he told me what it was.

Did...did the phantom ****ter do the deed while you were asleep!? I'm now imagining him going around the hotel dressed as Zorro.

When I was in Holles St with my wife, this would happen all the time in that back room.

In my experience, the nurses don't allow it at all. If (when) all the seats are filled, men are turfed out to stand at the back of the room

I've read similar before. I do wonder though why some people have to be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Also, how can people travel if they get violently ill whenever they move to a new place :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Enter 12 page thread about self-entitlement

11 pages are about people shítting themselves

:confused: Leave

I just don't get peoples fascination with crapping or toilet humour in general. Ok so my nephew finds it funny but he is 4 years old FFS. I kept hoping it would go away but no its page after page after page.

If he arrived in the next day, and joined the group, as though nothing was amiss, I wonder has he done this before. It's past time for him to be off all guest lists. Seriously, that's beyond any description of reasonable human behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Bio Mech wrote: »
    I just don't get peoples fascination with **** or toilet humour in general. Ok so my nephew finds it funny but he is 4 years old FFS. I kept hoping it would go away but no its page after page after page.

But it's probably the most outrageous tale of self entitlement you will ever hear. Think about it. A wedding guest decides to leave a series of very personalized wedding gifts for the loving couple i.e. plasters an entire wedding venue and himself in sh1te, the groom has to go and purchase new clothes for the serial sh!tter in question and then the aforementioned has the TEMERITY to have a go at the groom about the replacement clothes leg length. :eek: If that's not the most outrageous story of self entitlement you've ever heard I'd love to hear one that beats it.

Advertisement