Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LucyByrne

Hey, I have an Irish essay prepared for technology & social networks- advantages & disadvantages etc. If the media essay comes up would my essay fit under that title? I'm afraid it focuses too much on technology and it's advances. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hanza123

Does anyone know where to get marking schemes or just answers for the sample edco listening tests? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I have essays on
    Poverty
    The education system
    Young people (education, drugs, internet etc.)
    Media
    Dangers of the internet
    An Gaeilge
    Elderly people

I also have a debate opening and closing which I'm going to learn off

Should that have me covered? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Indalo6

The essays that I have prepared are:

Poverty in Ireland
    Crime in Ireland
    Disagreeing with the idea that today's youth are lazy
    The Education System in Ireland
    Irish people need to be more careful with their drinking

Do you guys think that I'm covered with these essays?

I could, if needs be, put together essays on "Ireland nowadays" and "The importance of sport" with notes I have lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tanya696

Would any one be so great full as to send me essays that could possibly be very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ita1995

Goes any one think an Essay on Religion will come up? would it be very riscky to just learn that and gaeilge?

and what do people think will come up in Gafa?

at thins point im just looking to pass i feel my oral went well and if i get a desent essay i feel like i will pass...

Indalo6 wrote: »
    The essays that I have prepared are:

Poverty in Ireland
    Crime in Ireland
    Disagreeing with the idea that today's youth are lazy
    The Education System in Ireland
    Irish people need to be more careful with their drinking

Do you guys think that I'm covered with these essays?

I could, if needs be, put together essays on "Ireland nowadays" and "The importance of sport" with notes I have lying around.

I would have something prepared on Irish language or/and social media, just incase. There very topical at the moment :) other than that, I'd say your set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Indalo6

hanza123 wrote: »
    I would have something prepared on Irish language or/and social media, just incase. There very topical at the moment :) other than that, I'd say your set :)

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Predictions for Poems and Stories??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

cferry3 wrote: »
    Predictions for Poems and Stories??
    Even though I'm dreading it, Spailpín Fánach is going to be there. Mark my words!

I think it will anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

Hey, so I've done no study for Irish at all (doubt I'll be counting it) and I just want to make sure I pass it.. What should I look at now? What essays for paper 1? I don't think I'll look at the poems and stories, sure I could probably pass paper 2 from the comprehensions alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarah_95

Does anyone think gaeilge will come up as an essay this year? I think I'll learn technolaiocht& meain chumarsaide and gaeilge.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Jones82 wrote: »
    Hey, so I've done no study for Irish at all (doubt I'll be counting it) and I just want to make sure I pass it.. What should I look at now? What essays for paper 1? I don't think I'll look at the poems and stories, sure I could probably pass paper 2 from the comprehensions alone.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding Irish...

If anyone could send any aisté's or even a few notes or key phrases to use my way I'd be eternally grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

What kind of questions could come up for Cacá Milis? I only have notes on Theme, Paul, Catherine and Emotions/Feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Would anyone care to send me a media essay? U thought I had one but apparently not...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1 banksey keep it real

Yes add the death due to "Necknominations" etc... Am because I'm a repeat LC student and I have done my research :-) hoping to get an A this year.... Also what pros are you guys studying?
    what prós and filíocht are you studying and what are you studying for an triail?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 louiseB900

Hi would anyone like to send me a "daoine oga" essay please. Preferably a high standard one please.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smiley4

JAYSUS123 wrote: »
    I've got an A1 daoine óga.. willing to swap

could you please please send me your daoine oga essay i have an A1 an gaeilge essay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Hi I would really appreciate being sent on a Mean Chumarsaide essay. Preferably of good standard but it isn't the bee all and end all. :)
    I could swap but all my essays are rubbish quality. My teacher just slapped a d/c on them and didn't tell me why.
    FUUUUU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

ita1995 wrote: »
    Goes any one think an Essay on Religion will come up? would it be very riscky to just learn that and gaeilge?

and what do people think will come up in Gafa?

at thins point im just looking to pass i feel my oral went well and if i get a desent essay i feel like i will pass...

I'd say that's a fair risk alright. Throw together some spiel about technology/internet and daoine oga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

If we got an essay on teicneolaíocht, would it be too limited to talk about the internet and social media? I mentioned it to my mother and she was like "Oh you'd want to mention Sat Navs and things" :rolleyes:

I think it'd be okay but I'd like some opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LC.student2014

does anyone have any notes on teicneiocti scannanaiochta for caca milis? I left my Irish book in my locker in school.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KevinL101

Hey what are ye guys learning for geibheann? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

If anyone is planning on doing the story and has a list of words that has came up/may come up, could they share please :P would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coffeelover95

Any advice or tips for doing the comprehensions? :) We didn't focus on them much in class even though there worth the most in paper two!

Does anyone know what the timings for paper 2 are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aimeeconnolly

Right so i do pass irish now and i have my irish leaving cert on monday.
    i know you'll all probably be like wow this is so stupid but i'm just wondering if you think it'd be possible for me to sit the honours paper?
    like i know i wouldn't do great in it but it'd probably be easier for me to get a c3 in it than an a1 in pass, especially having 40% already done with the oral like.

any thoughts from anyone who's done honours irish before?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

When ye are saying Dramatic Techniques which are ye focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

I meant when ye are talking about Dramatic Techniques for An Triail which are ye focusing on because all the notes I have are specifically on the characters only. Would anyone have some on the Dramatic Techniques or even any advice?? Please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

@noodlesvicd1 do you still have those daoine oga essays?

Advertisement