Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

DannyLC96 wrote: »
    What about An Triail? I'm learning Dramatic techniques and Maili, Maire's mother and maybe another minor character (Sean or Bean Ui Chin) .. Id like to get a feeling what others are expecting!

I think the lack of Religioun might come up, like how everyone turns on Máire but then something similar to that came up in 2012, I really don't know what to learn, defo gonna do Maili, Máire's mother and Máire herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DannyLC96

gol1234 wrote: »
    Yes im definitely doing Dramatic Techniques! what ones do you have? i have notes to talk about the garsún nuachtáin, spotsholas, iardhearcadh, cros cheistiúchán, an chlann? do you use something similar! mailí is always good as a point of contrast! im learning her too!

Ye same pretty much.The news boy, flashbacks and the trial itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DannyLC96

cferry3 wrote: »
    I think the lack of Religioun might come up, like how everyone turns on Máire but then something similar to that came up in 2012, I really don't know what to learn, defo gonna do Maili, Máire's mother and Máire herself!

We don't have that done but fimíneacht is another I'm considering! Maire has been up last year or the year before hasn't she? I really don't enjoy learning the quotes:((

DannyLC96 wrote: »
    We don't have that done but fimíneacht is another I'm considering! Maire has been up last year or the year before hasn't she? I really don't enjoy learning the quotes:((

Yeah Máire was up in 2012 and kinda up last year but nearly every question you get, you talk about he a bit so she's defo worth learning! Maybe something like Tragóid could come up, discuss how the play is a tradgedy, I really don't know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

Would someone mind posting a few line sample answer for dulra for this poem? My teacher didn't cover it. Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm a repeat too and looking for a B1/A2, the oral went really good so I'm optimistic! So just to clarify you are only studying Daoine Óga and Meain Cumarsaide for the Aiste?
    I'm studying Dís and Cacá Milis for the Pros!

What kind of question could come up for Cacá Milis?
    I'm studying humour and the relationship between the couple in Dís and a little about the bean an tsuirbhe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

For Dís I've covered Bean Sheain, Sean, Bean an tSuirbhe, the opinions on the role of women, the importance of the survey, the theme, the significance of the beginning and ending repetition and humour

For Caca Milis I'm going to cover Paul, Catherine, a tinnnyyy bit on the mother, and then for film techniques I have: Symmetry, lighting, shots through glass, tense scenes, setting, atmosphere, humor, sounds and then the theme

Pretty sure that'd cover any questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leavingcert problems

I have a terrible feeling that Oisin will be on the paper for the pros!

Mundy07 wrote: »
    What kind of question could come up for Cacá Milis?
    I'm studying humour and the relationship between the couple in Dís and a little about the bean an tsuirbhe

At this stage I'm just praying for Dís to come up because I find it so hard to study Cacá Milis...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I have a terrible feeling that Oisin will be on the paper for the pros!

Good god lets hope not. Also pray for no caoineadh Art Laoire

• Advertisement

Just based off speculation, in order of likeliness this is what I'm thinking:

Spailpin Fanach, Colscaradh, Geibhinn, (Mo ghrasa, an tearrach thiar)

Dís, Caca Milis, Oisin, Gnathrud, Hurlamaboc

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PatrickP123

I'm learning Gnáthrud, Dís and a bit of an lasair coille.
    I think I'll be okay to talk about poetry without much study.
    For essays I'm studying An Gaeilge and mean comarsáirde/cíbearbhullaíocht/daoine óga.
    I'm doing techniques for An Triail
    What are your opinions on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gol1234

aleatorio wrote: »
    For Dís I've covered Bean Sheain, Sean, Bean an tSuirbhe, the opinions on the role of women, the importance of the survey, the theme, the significance of the beginning and ending repetition and humour

For Caca Milis I'm going to cover Paul, Catherine, a tinnnyyy bit on the mother, and then for film techniques I have: Symmetry, lighting, shots through glass, tense scenes, setting, atmosphere, humor, sounds and then the theme

Pretty sure that'd cover any questions :)

Yeah im banking on dúghreann and teicnící scanánnaíochta for caca milis! only studying dís gnathrud and caca milis! leaving out oisin and hurlamaboc which is dodgy i know!

All I've got for Cacá Milis is the theme, Paul, Catherine, Emotions and a wee but on Humour/Dúghrean so if anyone would like to post up some of their notes on things I don't have, is really appreciate it!

Does anyone have a sample answer for Dulra in An Spailpin Fanach? My teacher didn't cover it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 louiseB900

Hi would anyone have a good standard essay on "Daoine Oga" that would like to share please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Chuile duine would be a higher standard of irish :)

it is richer but i think its chuile dhuine chuile always puts a h in

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Because my teacher, clare greally in the insitiute said that it would never be worth more than 6 marks. Theres just not enough to write about for a 15 marker

Did she ever comment on the possible title(s) for the scéal?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Did she ever comment on the possible title(s) for the scéal?
    Thanks.

Yes, about the spailpins life in general and how hard it was, the farmwork he did. If you know the poem theres not many questions they can ask to catch you out

Possible title of the scéal instead of writing an aiste......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Efafitz1994

I'm a repeat this year hoping for an A in honours irish...I'd say there's a good chance that stádas na gaeilge/todhchaí na gaeilge could come up this year too...sure there was a big protest about it and uproar when Enda Kenny wanted to get rid of it as a compulsory subject for the leaving. Also meain cumarsaide was on both pre papers so that's fairly likely I'd say.

Does anyone have a sample essay on Gaeilge that they could send me? My teacher never did essays with us and there's nothing in my book on the future of Irish or anything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Does anyone have a sample answer for Dulra in An Spailpin Fanach? My teacher didn't cover it. Thanks

Nature hmmm. Never thought about it .
    I would just go on about the seasonal work and the continuos travel (all place names ). The pic and the grass and all that stuff .

Is this what you'd talk about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

I've got an A1 aiste on polaiteoirí if anyone wants it :) preferably get another aiste back in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Please don't tell me other people think that Oisín will come up for prós D:D: I don't think it will personally, but I've heard a good few people thinking that the examiners are gonna be mean gob****es and put it on again this year :(

What was the 'An Triail' mock question on exam craft, we had the tecníocht drámata, wouldn't have had a clue how to answer that only for the teacher gave us a sample essay before the mock and told us it was coming up!

It was that the greatest tragedy to do with Máire was that her family deserted her :) can't remember the exact wording of it but it was something like "An tubaiste is mó a bhaineann le Máire Ní C. sa dráma "AT" ná gur thréig a muintir í"

It was that the greatest tragedy to do with Máire was that her family deserted her :) can't remember the exact wording of it but it was something like "An tubaiste is mó a bhaineann le Máire Ní C. sa dráma "AT" ná gur thréig a muintir í"

Would love something like that in the real thing, would be easy enough to write about!

Would love something like that in the real thing, would be easy enough to write about!

Same! It was a lovely question, very easy to get high marks in as it was so broad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

Hey, for the daoine óga essays what are ye focusing on? Like I just talk about the stress of school and a small bit of bullying is that enough ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Efafitz1994

Daoine óga essay is a handy one you can bring anything and everything into it...got 96% in it for the pre...I basically used emmigration, politicians, the recession..as well as school and drink/drugs. I had a strong start and strong finish though which is very important for the essay.

Advertisement