Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Ciaratabb1 wrote: »
    Do people think I be safe not to learn oisin I dtir an nog because it came up last year? What essays is everyone doing ? :)
    I'm not wasting these days doing any of the stories or poems because they are worth so little. Focusing on A Thig Ná Tit Orm and the essays because at least we know they'll come up.

I'm doing (in this order)
    -An Ghaeilge
    -Bochtanas
    -Fadhbanna na nÓg
    -An t-idirlíon

I'll be disgusted if one of those doesn't come up because I'm aiming for an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

robman60 wrote: »
    I'm not wasting these days doing any of the stories or poems because they are worth so little. Focusing on A Thig Ná Tit Orm and the essays because at least we know they'll come up.

I'm doing (in this order)
    -An Ghaeilge
    -Bochtanas
    -Fadhbanna na nÓg
    -An t-idirlíon

I'll be disgusted if one of those doesn't come up because I'm aiming for an A1.

You are essentially me XD

I'm doing those exact essay, and A Thig na tit orm :pac:

What are you focusing on for atnto? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

I'm praying for na daoine oga to come up ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Is everyone doing An Triail focusing in on dramatic techniques? I've been hearing a lot about it. Think I'm gonna do that and then a general kinda summary of characters etc.

Do ye put quotes in your an Triail essays btw? I always did but I was told theyre not necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

aleatorio wrote: »

I'm going over everything really. The stories, maybe the style in the piece and Maidhc's character. Can't see much else coming up!

• Advertisement

Well part of the reason we're doing similar things is because you gave me the essay on Bochtanas! :o

I have no idea what to focus on for A Thig Ná Tit Orm. Am I completely naive in saying I just need to know a few events and I'll be able to formulate an answer on the spot? Please tell me if you think this is a dumb idea. I aced the oral so I don't want to undo my good work!

Traits of an autobiography or Maidhc as a story teller might feature I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

peekachoo wrote: »
    Is everyone doing An Triail focusing in on dramatic techniques? I've been hearing a lot about it. Think I'm gonna do that and then a general kinda summary of characters etc.

Do ye put quotes in your an Triail essays btw? I always did but I was told theyre not necessary?

Focusing on dramatic techniques, characters mainly. You need to have least 2 or 3 quotes scattered through it.

Anyone else planning on doing the sceal? Any idea of seanfhocails or themes that may come up?

Well part of the reason I'm we're doing similar things is because you gave me the essay on Bochtanas! :o

I have no idea what to focus on for A Thig Ná Tit Orm. Am I completely naive in saying I just need to know a few events and I'll be able to formulate an answer on the spot? Please tell me if you think this is a dumb idea. I aced the oral so I don't want to undo my good work!

Hahaha well if it comes up we shall both be happy :pac:

I don't know, my teacher is terrible so idek what to study :( Hoping for a question on humor... Please <3

What would you say for those..? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

Well part of the reason I'm we're doing similar things is because you gave me the essay on Bochtanas! :o

Definitely know your stories. Especially ones that show that he has a good memory. Or was a messer and stuff. You'll be grand then. :)

Definitely know your stories. Especially ones that show that he has a good memory. Or was a messer and stuff. You'll be grand then. :)

What stories would be the best ones?
    I have the one about his first day in school, the fight in school, that kid who said the seanfhocal wrong when the inspector was there, him stealing the eggs... Can't even remember what else :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Whats a thig na tit orm? is it part of pros? or a different option to an triall/poetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Focusing on dramatic techniques, characters mainly. You need to have least 2 or 3 quotes scattered through it.

Anyone else planning on doing the sceal? Any idea of seanfhocails or themes that may come up?

Same as myself so!!
    hoping for dramatic techniques :)
    honestly I actually have like 3 a4 pages of quotes learned off from it, nobody else in my class quotes though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

peekachoo wrote: »
    Same as myself so!!
    hoping for dramatic techniques :)
    honestly I actually have like 3 a4 pages of quotes learned off from it, nobody else in my class quotes though :o

that's what will make the difference! I know a few of the important ones, not a large amount by any stretch of the immagination!

What are the most important things to know for a thig na tit orm? I'm stressing haha are ye learning all the poetry and pros

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

Could someone send me a Daoine oga essay ASAP? Willing to trade for another A1 essay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Didnt know you had to quote.:eek: see this is why i love Boards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

what are ye all learning for thig no thit orm?...i think im goin to learn, life in the 40/50s, humour, life in the gealtacht, life of the boy in school,....do ye think that this will cover me?...i got a really bad mark in the mocks though, the question asked about mikes habit to mock himself and i just wrote the essay on humour...anyone have any tips?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

So are people studying Oisín i dTír na nÓg or not??? I don't know if its a waste of time or a safety precaution!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

You should be ok but I'd advise everyone to go over your seanfhocal's, phrases and grammar for a few different topics just to be sure to be sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

My essays are
    : Problems of Young People
    : Media
    : Irish Language
    What do ye think of these topics?
    See a few people have mentioned the internet, I only have a small section on it in the media essay. I have time to prepare a 4th essay, what would be my best option as a 4th?
    Ciaratabb1 wrote: »
    What are the most important things to know for a thig na tit orm? I'm stressing haha are ye learning all the poetry and pros

I'm just learning the 3 poems & pros that have not come up before, know this is risky but it is only worth 5% each for the amount of work that is in it. Thig na tit, I have just about it being an autobio, humour & mention a story like "piscin & gcat". Traditional life growing up in Irish area, love of music & fun...

• Advertisement

Hahaha well if it comes up we shall both be happy :pac:

I don't know, my teacher is terrible so idek what to study :( Hoping for a question on humor... Please <3

What would you say for those..? :o
    He has a very good memory and he embellishes the truth a little. There are a lot of coincidences too (like the group of boys seeing him use the ladder which alerts the Bean an Tí).

The main anecdotes I use are:
    -Cuairt an chigire and the seanfhocal
    -Fight with Tomás
    -Seán Mór's shirt and his lack of a replacement -> bochtanas
    -Grae's story about the fisherman ahhh, using the food container for other purposes :rolleyes:
    -The woman's shock when listening to the radio. This is a great one as it portrays the lack of exposure to technological advancements.
    -Eileen and the ladder
    -Using the Kerryman to make rollies
    -Rásaí naomhóige

Does anyone have any good quotes from this that they'd be willing to post? I've always just made references previously but I could see the value of quotes in an answer.

Ya I defo won't do what came up last year, I have so much to do for thig na thit orm and ye essays 🙈 praying daoine oga comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

does anyone have afew phrases about social media by any chance?....about its impact etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Based on the other exams being a little unusual in places, I'm terrified that the SEC will put Oisín and Mo Ghrása on or something to shock us.

Oh man, that would not go down well..

He has a very good memory and he embellishes the truth a little. There are a lot of coincidences too (like the group of boys seeing him use the ladder which alerts the Bean an Tí).

-Fight with Tomás
    -Grae's story about the fisherman ahhh, using the food container for other purposes :rolleyes:
    -The woman's shock when listening to the radio. This is a great one as it portrays the lack of exposure to technological advancements.
    -Eileen and the ladder
    -Rásaí naomhóige

Does anyone have any good quotes from this that they'd be willing to post? I've always just made references previously but I could see the value of quotes in an answer.

I don't think he used the Kerryman to make rollies. He wrapped the eggs he stole from Meex's farm in the Kerryman after washing them with soda and then sold them to Bainisteoir na hUachtarlainne :)

-Fight with Tomás
    -Eileen and the ladder
    -Rásaí naomhóige

Quotes hmm..

"níl aon sums anocht, níl aon sums anocht", "dá mbeadh paiste ar do pholl bheadh deabhadh ort dá scoileadh" for cigire chapter.

Fight le Tomás- "ar nós madra rua ar thóir coirce", and "trí stiall den fhuinseog"

Dunno for Seán Mór

Grae, dunno aswell :o

Woman's shock about radio: "you are near enough now"

Eileen: "dá mbeadh Elizabeth Taylor ag fanacht dom sa thig sin, Ní raghad in aon ghiorracht dó"

Eggs incident: "cheanníos chocolates agus sweets"

Rásaí: not a clue!!

plmko wrote: »
    I don't think he used the Kerryman to make rollies. He wrapped the eggs he stole from Meex's farm in the Kerryman after washing them with soda and then sold them to Bainisteoir na hUachtarlainne :)

I thought he went down to the dance hall with Eddie Hutch on Mondays to gather cigarette butts, and then they'd use the remnants to make rollies using the Kerryman. I may be mistaken but I thought that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

POetry and pros are only worth 10% combined, the amount of study we have to do for them makes it feel like theyre worth a lot though :rolleyes:

I thought he went down to the dance hall with Eddie Hutch on Mondays to gather cigarette butts, and then they'd use the remnants to make rollies using the Kerryman. I may be mistaken but I thought that was the case.

Oh you could be right there! I might've missed that point :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 richardkeys24

Can somebody send me a media essay please? Thanks in advance

Advertisement