Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

god im really worried about this exam...only got 46/100 for my essay in the mocks and i had it learnt off to a T. also my irish isnt good enough to make up my own paragraphs and phrases....my irish teacher justs writes up the essays and tells us to learn them

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sayitaintso

Tanya696 wrote: »
    Can u send me your essay on meain cumarsaide

I haven't got it written out. I just learn off points for each paragraph and a bit of grammar and vocab. So I'm not sure how much help it'd be to ye, but I can send you those if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Who here does the "Dánta Breise" section in paper 2? I'm thinking about answering on that instead of a thig na tit orm but I need to a know a few things! In part 2 of the question when it asks what is meant by a few of the lines in the poem, how much of an explanation would you need to give? How much would you need to write?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keelin1244

Does anyone think Irish language for the essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Are you all actually learning essays? is that not really difficult? Im just learning bits of vocab about topics, much less stress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

hanza123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get marking schemes or just answers for the sample edco listening tests? :)

Yes they are all just off the old course so check 2010,2009,2008 etc. marking schemes on examinations.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

I’m learning:
    Aistí: Daoine Óga, Na Meáin Chumarsáide, Ceol, An Ghaeilge

Prós & Filíocht: Dís & Cáca Milis, An Spailpín Fánach, Colscaradh & Géibheann

An Triail: Teicnící drámata, Mailí, Bean Uí Chathasaigh, maybe Seán & Liam, Tragóid

Do yous reckon that’s enough? What are the rest of you doing?

Why is everyone leaving out An Gnáthrud? It has never come up before?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sayitaintso

Why is everyone leaving out An Gnáthrud? It has never come up before?
    I'm not leaving it out, just focusing on the things on that list. I will be going over it. I just haven't really heard anyone mention it in their predictions. Not that we should be relying on predictions after that whole thing with Heaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tanya696

I haven't got it written out. I just learn off points for each paragraph and a bit of grammar and vocab. So I'm not sure how much help it'd be to ye, but I can send you those if you want?

Please that would be brillant
    ave123 wrote: »
    god im really worried about this exam...only got 46/100 for my essay in the mocks and i had it learnt off to a T. also my irish isnt good enough to make up my own paragraphs and phrases....my irish teacher justs writes up the essays and tells us to learn them

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

Dont be worrying anyone, you have the biggest part of your exam done with the oral and then with the tape you have 50% of your exam done before you even get into the written paper. Your half way home at that! :) At this stage if you are really worried just focus on Media and Daoine oga as essays and then An Thriail or whatever one you are doing yourself. As someone has already said the pros and filiocht are only worth 10% for the amount of work you have to put in so dont stress now if you havent got that done. Listen to your tape a few times and be familiar with the questions and the same goes for your reading comprehensions which are worth the same as your essays. You will honestly be fine just make use of the time you have left wisely!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Fiske

Anyone have anything at all for Daoine Óga? I'm desperate at this point, I have nothing for it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

FatRat wrote: »
    Who here does the "Dánta Breise" section in paper 2? I'm thinking about answering on that instead of a thig na tit orm but I need to a know a few things! In part 2 of the question when it asks what is meant by a few of the lines in the poem, how much of an explanation would you need to give? How much would you need to write?
    My teacher said it's best to do 1/2 to 3/4 of a page depending on what lines you're asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

Is everyone learning all poetry and pros?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

What type of thing do you all write in a meain chumarsaide essay, I have one on the internet and new technology... does that cover media?
    Also how likely is techniques for Cáca Milís and An Triail

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Dont be worrying anyone, you have the biggest part of your exam done with the oral and then with the tape you have 50% of your exam done before you even get into the written paper. Your half way home at that! :) At this stage if you are really worried just focus on Media and Daoine oga as essays and then An Thriail or whatever one you are doing yourself. As someone has already said the pros and filiocht are only worth 10% for the amount of work you have to put in so dont stress now if you havent got that done. Listen to your tape a few times and be familiar with the questions and the same goes for your reading comprehensions which are worth the same as your essays. You will honestly be fine just make use of the time you have left wisely!! :)

Do you thing Media or Young people will defo come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

Would it be a safe bet to know only daoine oga and media?I am freaking the hell out at this point.

b3rnade11e wrote: »
    Would it be a safe bet to know only daoine oga and media?I am freaking the hell out at this point.

Me I'm terrified one of them won't come up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

cferry3 wrote: »
    Me I'm terrified one of them won't come up!!

They must be definites..unless they throw out some ****ty tittles about leadership.What did you have on your mock?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tanya696

They must be definites..unless they throw out some ****ty tittles about leadership.What did you have on your mock?

I'm learning daoine oga and social problems.. Think it's the best to go with..

I don't even remember, all I know is I did Rudaí a chuireann fearg orm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

cferry3 wrote: »
    Do you thing Media or Young people will defo come up?

Depending on what points you are including in these essays they cover a wide spectrum of topics. For example Daoine Oga could be Alcohol and Drug abuse, Exam stress, unemployment, emmigration, recession, cyber bullying. Cyber bulling can also be tied into media, unemployment, recession and emmigration can all be tied in together. Just be wise at this stage about the points you are learning and dont try and learn of pages of a specific essay because you are really limiting yourself. Just learn phrases and vocabulary and you will be surprised what comes to you when you are in an exam and under pressure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

I have a daoine óga essay that talks about school stress . A little bit about unemployment and a little bit about cyber bullying would that be enough to know for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

Hi

just wondering does anybody have a list of words for scéal? Have three essays prepared that will suit anything with different endings but im terrified im not going to understand the word. Repeating irish after 11 years out of school.

would appreciate if anybody has a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

An Triail dramatic techniques

Aontaim go huile is go hiomlán leis an ráiteas sin. Gan aon dabht, cuireann na teicníochtaí drámata a mbaineann Máiréad Ní Ghráda úsáid astu go mór leis an dráma 'An Triail'. Leiríonn sí a scileanna liteartha tríd na teicníochtaí drámata sa dráma seo.

Ar dtús, is aoibheann liom an tús obann agus dramatúil. Sula n-ardaítear an brat, rith garsúin nuachtáin isteach agus dúirt sé go bhfuil "tragóid uafásach" tar éis a tarlú. Muslcaíonn sé seo suim sa lucht féachana. Freisin, closimid glór Mháire ag rá gur mhairigh sí a leanbh "de bhrí gur chailin í". Tar éis an líne seo, ta gach duine fiosrach chun an scéal a chloisteáil nó a léamh. Cruthaíonn sé teannas agus ba bhealach éifeachtach é chun sin a dhéanamh. Greamaítear an lucht féachana leis an plota anois agus is toradh maith é. Tá a fhios againn go léir go bhfuil tús an dráma an-tabhachtach ar fad, agus rinne Ní Ghráda an tús seo den scoth lena teicníochtaí drámata.

Tá an t-iardhearcadh an-tabhachtach sa dráma. Tá an-chuid siar is aniar sa dráma agus coinníonn sé seo aird an lucht féachana ó thús deireadh. Feicimid mothúcháin idir na beirte ag fás agus tús an caidreamh ag tarlú nuair a bhí Máire agus Pádraig ar an droichead tar éis an rince sa teach scoile. Bhí Máire faoi gheasa lena chuid cainte. Caint fhileata agus phlámásach atá ar siúl ag Pádraig. Úsáideann sé íomhánna den dúlra chun aird Mháire a fháil : "Féach solas na gealaí ag déanamh airgead feal leáite d'uisce na habhann". Gan amhras, ba bhealach suimiúl agus éifeachtach é an t-iardhearcadh agus chabhraigh sé seo an dráma den scoth a chruthú. Cuireann sé le gluaiseacht an scéil.

Is teicníc an-mhór é an ceol sa drama agus úsáideann Ní Ghráda é go hiontach. Ag tús an dráma, bíonn ceol ag seinm sa chúlra. "Siúil a ghrá..." is ainm don amhrán. I rith an dráma, bíonn an amhrán seo ag seinm arís. Cruthaíonn an amhrán seo an t-atmaisféar gruama. Chomh maith le sin, cruthaíonn sé teannas. Tá sé éasca le féiceáil ag deireadh an dráma nuair atá na carachtair sa reilig. Cloistear 'Siúil a ghrá' "á chanadh go bog binn" sa chúlra. Tagann Pádraig agus seasann sé ar "bhruach na huaighe ar feadh nóiméad gan aon fhocal a rá". Gan aon amhras, bíonn an t-atmaisféár an -ghruaim anseo, lán le teannas agus le huaigneas

Eiríonn leis an dráma seo mar dráma reabhlóideach, nua-aimseartha atá ann ó thaobh teicníochtaí drámaíochta. Bhrís sé a lán múnlaí ag an am. Taitníonn an dráma seo go mór liom agus is léir go gcabhraíonn na teicníochtaí drámaíochta chun dráma den scoth a dhéanamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

just wondering is anyone else learning the education systeme?....i think im gonna learn:
    • meain chumarsaide
    • fadhbanna daoine oga
    • gculu eacnaimaiochta/polatics
    • ghaeilge sa la ata innui
    I only know 2 out of these at the moment...i expect it will be a long night, as for maths i just dont even know..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gal555

ave123 wrote: »
    just wondering is anyone else learning the education systeme?....i think im gonna learn:
    • meain chumarsaide
    • fadhbanna daoine oga
    • gculu eacnaimaiochta/polatics
    • ghaeilge sa la ata innui
    I only know 2 out of these at the moment...i expect it will be a long night, as for maths i just dont even know..

Thats all Ive learned as well....dont untend to do anything else!
    Did that for the mocks it worked out well....llife of teens came up so I wrote about all four and how they effect our generation....
    Praying for something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

I am in the exact same boat, all I have prepared is those 2 essays, daoine oga, about exam stress, cyberbullying, drugs and alcohol, hope that enough

Stressing out here too... I have a good intro I could use for anything & ending, will try if either of the two don't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Quick question: emmigration: an bád bán or an bád báin???? Too tired to remember my t.g's at this stage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

Anyone have a few sentences on cyber bullying I don't think I have enough ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 janesullivan

do you think duine oga will be there? im seriously stressing

Advertisement