Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Higher Irish 2014 - Before and after discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alansmyth94

Right so i do pass irish now and i have my irish leaving cert on monday.
    i know you'll all probably be like wow this is so stupid but i'm just wondering if you think it'd be possible for me to sit the honours paper?
    like i know i wouldn't do great in it but it'd probably be easier for me to get a c3 in it than an a1 in pass, especially having 40% already done with the oral like.

any thoughts from anyone who's done honours irish before?

you should do lots and lots of irish aural tapes. watch 50 shades of gaeilge to get you in the mood. its a really funny video on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

I have some stuff on the techniques used in An Triail it you want them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

Yes that would be great please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

So, I think that I'm going to study Oisín because it seems that the SEC are screwing with the whole predictions thing this year and I've become completely paranoid... That and Oisín is actually my favourite prós on the curriculum, much better than that Dís crap! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Are ye all learning the prós and filíocht from 2012 and 2013? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

can anyone send me on an internet or social media essay? I have most of the predicted typed out to an A1/A2 standard if anyone wants one

• Registered Users Posts: 20 2014lchelp

I've done culu, gaelige , meain and a general one about what annoys me/fadbhanna. I'm so nervous it won't cover me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

oncex wrote: »
    can anyone send me on an internet or social media essay? I have most of the predicted typed out to an A1/A2 standard if anyone wants one

I can message me there

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

Would:Mean Cumarsaide,Daoine oga,General essay on Ireland,Gaeilge and maybe Coras Oideachas be a good cover up?In the mocks my essay was marked so hard,30 our of 80 for the ''gaeilge'' - I am freaking out about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lcstudent2014

I know its abit late in the game but would any1 have a samle of an answer for dramatic techniques in an triail they would be willing to send me? I just seen all these predictions now and have no idea whats involved if that question comes up???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Macldublin

I'm freaking out so much 😰 .. Could somebody lend me an triail dramatic techniques and a social media essay .. I have an A Caca milis on both catherine and Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macldublin

Yeah that would be amazing ..😊

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

does anyone have any phrases on cyberbullying... i have a feeling that cyberbullying/ problems of young people with the media will come up. i have phrases on drink,crime,irish today,drugs, young people if anyone needs them

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

Freaking out. Doing higher irish. Can anyone send me a few sentences on poor people/health service please. Level of my irish is very basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 asdfghjkl qwertyuiop

Hi just wondering if someone could tell me what cyber bullying actually is as gaeilge just so I know what to look out for if there's an essay on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoodlesVicD1

Hi just wondering if someone could tell me what cyber bullying actually is as gaeilge just so I know what to look out for if there's an essay on it?

An Chibear-Bhulaiocht :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chonaic17

It seems like no one wants to do the scéal which is perfect for me, grand being different. But I mean there's so much time, my mocks story was 14 pages long, whereas it seems the essays wont go over a couple of pages, what do ye do with all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Chonaic17 wrote: »
    It seems like no one wants to do the scéal which is perfect for me, grand being different. But I mean there's so much time, my mocks story was 14 pages long, whereas it seems the essays wont go over a couple of pages, what do ye do with all the time?

I'm planning on the sceal :D Just wondering if you have any idea on words that may\have come up?

Well fortunately I've never really had to put much thought into them because I went to a Gaelscoil, but I'd imagine since the last two years were Sonas/Dóchas that something sad like Brón/Aiféal would be a likely guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Well fortunately I've never really had to put much thought into them because I went to a Gaelscoil, but I'd imagine since the last two years were Sonas/Dóchas that something sad like Brón/Aiféal would be a likely guess.

yeah, was thinking along those lines as well. I'm in a normal school, but id have a very high standard of fluency, just need to translate it to writing!

• Advertisement

Well there's so much time to write and they really don't expect much, doesn't the question say you have to write at least 600 words, which for me is like 1.5 pages, with all the time if you can't think of a story you can plan it out for a few minutes and have no trouble with timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Well there's so much time to write and they really don't expect much, doesn't the question say you have to write at least 600 words, which for me is like 1.5 pages, with all the time if you can't think of a story you can plan it out for a few minutes and have no trouble with timing.

I thought it says 2.5 pages? how long are you all writing for your essays?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

I was told to write four pages :o
    Are ye all learning the prós and filíocht from 2012 and 2013? :(

Yes, just incase. I can't risk them coming up and then it affected my grade. I need Gaeilge to go well :o

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I thought it says 2.5 pages? how long are you all writing for your essays?

I have quite small handwriting, so that's all it takes for me to get to the minimum word count, but I always have the time to go much further than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Likelihood of an essay on daoine oga coming up in yer opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

Likelihood of an essay on daoine oga coming up in yer opinions?

I think very likely , something has come up like every year so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gal555

I had written around 5 pages for an essay in the mocks.....but an elaborate plan.

We were told the reason is so that you can actually afford to sit there and gather your opinions on the given topic rather then just regurgitate a learned off essay because you've no time.

Makes sense really....the way the English paper 1 should be I think!

I'm covering social media, economic crisis, life of youth and Irish pride....
    Hopefully that'll get me something.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Fiske

I don't suppose anyone has something high standard for Daoine Óga that they wouldn't mind sharing? It's a glaring gap in the stuff I have, and I really don't feel good about not having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mundy07

Does anyone know a seanfhocail about love?
    Something like true love sees past your faults.... That type of thing?
    Thanks

I'm writing a scéal too. I thought I was alone. I have one that I can adapt to quite a few titles. I'm also presuming a negative title after the last two years.

If éad comes up I'm stuck though.

Can anyone think of a seanfhocail or saying with regard to love? In case fíor grá comes up?

Something that says 'true love ignores your mistakes' or ' true love sees pasts your faults' ??
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mundy07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a seanfhocail about love?
    Something like true love sees past your faults.... That type of thing?
    Thanks

Ceileann searc ainimh ’s locht.

Advertisement