Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppo Find 7

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ok, so my return was delivered and signed for yesterday, I'll update when I have something to update.

EDIT: wtf Captain, they want you to FAX a police report? for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

That's what I'm thinking too can the Gardai even entertain this request?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That's what I'm thinking too can the Gardai even entertain this request?

It's an entirely civil matter, nothing to do with the Gardai.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Got my refund this morning, happy days. Hope ye both get sorted quickly!

• Advertisement

I sent it using Parcel Motel on the 27th July which cost me €14.50 and I was able to track it the whole way.

Might be an idea, they were fairly quick getting it delivered

That's a good idea pleasant thanks for the tip, wouldn't have thought of parcel motel.

Hopefully if it works out for me I'll use em.

• Advertisement

PayPal have decided I'm to get my full €450 back which included an SD Card :)

I accidently hit full refund instead of partial but it seems I got lucky haha :p

Ugh another pain, PayPal want me to return it to their China address via courier, FedEx quote €126, ffs.

Think I'm gonna get the UK address of Oppo and return it via Parcel Motel to them. I have a far more helpful agent at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Update. That second one I was wondering about yesterday, swish.

zMefdqNl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

ED E wrote: »
    Update. That second one I was wondering about yesterday, swish.

zMefdqNl.png

Just seen your post and manually checked for the update and it was there.did you have to check or did you get a notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

nope. still not got it :(

daytob wrote: »
    nope. still not got it :(

did you go into settings-general-about phone?

I got a notification. They probably push it gradually so as to not overload the content server.

Having dealt with this kind of idiot ( not with oppo though ) before I always found that my email would contain the rma number or authorisation code and would quote the person I had been dealing with. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but maybe try this way. really sorry you are having such an issue with them.

• Advertisement

I said email out of habit. It's all done through their support system so all the messages from the beginning are there.

I've been dealing with the same guy from the start so it's not as if it's a different rep every time.

I sent him a reply telling him to check one message above my last one to see the RMA details he gave me. Also gave him the RMA no., the tracking details, the address I sent it to and a copy of the proof of delivery.

Hopefully my refund won't be too much longer.

Did you get it resolved yet?

I managed to arrange to get it sent to their UK branch via PM for €15.50.

I got my refund over a week ago, the full €450 even tho the SD card wasn't returned or meant to be I won't be telling them about that €20 extra will be keeping it for "emotional distress" ;) :pac:

New update OTA

New update OTA

yep got that update pushed this morning. how are people getting on with their oppo so far? I am more than pleased with the performance of mine.much speedier than my old galaxy s3 and I love the screen.

I need a new case, but Im yet to find one I like. The flip cover sets off the screen in my pocket, has to go, and while I love the screen protection its too much hassle having to hold the flap out of the way etc. Got a nillkin but Im worried how exposed the phone is with that. Need a rubber "bumper" for lack of a better term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I picked myself up one in Singapore. Loving the camera and general speed so far. No issues...it tried to install Baidu a few times though :P

I need a new case, but Im yet to find one I like. The flip cover sets off the screen in my pocket, has to go, and while I love the screen protection its too much hassle having to hold the flap out of the way etc. Got a nillkin but Im worried how exposed the phone is with that. Need a rubber "bumper" for lack of a better term.
    Ordered this from Aliexpress for the wifes one. before she broke it
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-impact-anti-skid-Shock-proof-Drop-resistance-Armor-Soft-Hybrid-Cover-Case-for-OPPO-Find/1934556835.html
    cancelled it before it shipped though.

It seems that the new color OS will enable the phone plus the Find 7a for unified storage getting rid of the 3GB app limit

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7a-coloros-2-0-2i-beta-update-preview.20094/

Hmm, I have the OneOlus One but the camera is a huge let down compared to the Find 7 even tho they have the same hardware. Mind be tempted to change back

• Advertisement

Interesting. The other half and a few friends have the one plus one, must do a side by side and see what I get. I do notice the FPS on the preview is lower.

Advertisement